• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Because I obviously like the Fire starters? You act like out of his 5 Fire starters, all became aces when he had 2 Fire starter aces (Lycanroc is most likely staying the ace unless we get a ton of focus on Torracat)

Actually, he had 3 fire starter aces (Charizard, Infernape and Pignite). I count Pignite, because Krookodile came to late to count as the ace.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Because I obviously like the Fire starters? You act like out of his 5 Fire starters, all became aces when he had 2 Fire starter aces (Lycanroc is most likely staying the ace unless we get a ton of focus on Torracat)

2of his fire types are aces while rest 3 are second strongest who if furthur evolve could become there region's aces, he has great record with fire types not that i am complaining, but at the start i wanted decidueye to be his alolan ace since its battling style suited ash, imagine decidueye with ghost type attributes in combination with its already present stealthy talent would have be great to watch.

Actually, he had 3 fire starter aces (Charizard, Infernape and Pignite).

Pignite was never his ace more like second strongest unnova pokemon, even the writers approved krokodile as his ace when they showed krokodile with ash's other ace from other regions during TF arc in XY series.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Actually, he had 3 fire starter aces (Charizard, Infernape and Pignite). I count Pignite, because Krookodile came to late to count as the ace.

Krookodile's still the strongest thus he's the ace.

Pignite just got lucky and got the better treatment of the Unova starters.... and Ash's original Unova squad in general, like Bayleef back in Johto. This is really the first saga where you could actually say all that starters have been handled terribly, regardless of evolutions. But people are unfairly biased against Fire types for some reason and will claim Incineroar's equal to Charizard and Infernape when really.... he's not, he's light years away! He didn't get to do any big battles, the only thing he's got going for him is League wins and that's assuming they don't make the League revolve around Pikachu and Lycanroc like the Kalos League and Pikachu/Greninja. I mean it's already starting to look like way with how only Lycanroc can battle Gladion and how both hogged trials.... >.>
I'd say Incineroar = Torterra if anything, both started out great but as the series progressed....

I can get the claims that Rowlet is equal to Bulbasaur though, but I still don't agree. That's like comparing Oshawott to Buizel and Squirtle.

And I'm definitely not biased in favor of Fire types, Fire ain't my favorite type at all. Dragon/Dark are. Whenever people ask what Pokemon you wanna see evolve I pitch Totodile, Snivy, Oshawott, and Gible as they deserve it. Pignite and Quilava don't need evolutions, not because "Ash has too many fully evolved Fire types" but because they haven't done much to warrant another one.

And one final thing the "Ash has too many fully evolved Fire types" card people like to pull is also just as old as the "Grass starter never evolves" card the writers pull. I loved it with Bulbasaur and Snivy(Though I do think she deserves an evolution) but with Chespin and Rowlet it just got old. At least Rowlet has a legitimate reason for it unlike every other starter save for Piplup and Bulbasaur. You'd think the writers just gave up after Torterra lol I wanted Decidueye from the start, Incineroar too. Ash having two fully evolved starters in the same region can work if done correctly, Torterra mostly failed because speed is Ash's greatest asset and it seemed the writers didn't know how to transit from a fast Pokemon to a slow tank Pokemon. I'm actually hoping gen 8 can give us that again, it'd be lovely to see.... especially if one's the Water starter. I'd just love to see a fully evolved Water starter, or an evolved one in general back at Oak's....

nickdt

Krookodile's still the strongest thus he's the ace.

Krookodile the strongest. I have to disagree here.

Yes, Krookodile defeated a Psuedo, which ultimately says nothing, because Pignite did the same (And unlike Krookodile, Pignite isn't even fully evolved). I can even make the argument that Hydreigon is a naturally stronger Psuedo than Dragonite anyways, but i am not gonna do that, since every Pokemon is strong or weak depending on the trainer.

However, i am gonna make the Argument that Krookodile only won because Dragonite went rogue and didn't listen to Iris, since even the Rogue Dragonite gave Krookodile a hard time.

So no... Krookodile isn't stronger than Pignite, especially since Pignite defeats a Psuedo in a non-fully evolved state, meaning their more room for Pignite to develop than their is for Krookodile.

Zariful

Krookodile the strongest. I have to disagree here.

Yes, Krookodile defeated a Psuedo, which ultimately says nothing, because Pignite did the same (And unlike Krookodile, Pignite isn't even fully evolved). I can even make the argument that Hydreigon is a naturally stronger Psuedo than Dragonite anyways, but i am not gonna do that, since every Pokemon is strong or weak depending on the trainer.

However, i am gonna make the Argument that Krookodile only won because Dragonite went rogue and didn't listen to Iris, since even the Rogue Dragonite gave Krookodile a hard time.

So no... Krookodile isn't stronger than Pignite, especially since Pignite defeats a Psuedo in a non-fully evolved state, meaning their more room for Pignite to develop than their is for Krookodile.
The argument that Krookodile is the ace because it's stronger is a flawed argument. Krookodile had 4 battles total. Pignite was with Ash throughout Unova. Pignite, Krookodile and Pikachu were also the only ones who got league victories. If you wanna argue percentages, Pignite gets the short end of the stick because it was around longer and fought more battles. Everyone made such a big deal about Goodra's 100% battle record, but it literally only fought twice and got released. Then proceeded to lose that record after the league.

Hanto

Water Addiction
On another note, I may be alone here, but I don't mind him not getting Toucannon. I'll admit there's a bit of a bias here, as I'm not the biggest fan of Toucannon's design. However, what would Toucannon have added to his team? It would just be another Normal/Flying type with a typical Normal/Flying moveset that we've already seen with Pidgeotto, Swellow, and Staraptor. Outside of Beak Burst or w/e its move is called, it wouldn't have added anything new to his team that we haven't seen already in previous generations. Rowlet, being part Grass, is at least a little more distinct in that light. That might be part of the reason why they chose to give Ash Rowlet instead of Pikipek. Granted, they could still do a little more with Rowlet's moveset and battling style, but hey, the series isn't over yet.
Rowlet has a way more limited and poor moveset than the Pikipek line. Now it can use only flying and grass moves and has an access to ghost and normal ones. Its battle style also brings nothing new and special, we already had the stealth and ninja-like tactics with Froakie, who was more prominent in that role with both speed, frubbles and Double Team. The owlet is just the slow ball with small wings -_- It flies much worse than any of other flying Pokemon that Ash has.
Toucannon on the other side has access to different projectile moves such as Rock Blast, Beak Blast, Bullet Seed, Rock Smash, Overheat, Heat Wave, Flash Cannon, Gunk Shot etc with amazing type coverage. Is Toucannon truly worse then unevolved stupid grass starter?!
I wish Ash had Incineroar as the one and only ace starter in Alola with other party members like Passimian (Hawlucha 2.0), Toucannon (pseudo grass type with Seed Bomb/Bullet Seed), Poipole (UB)/Melmetal (mythical), Dusk Lycanroc (special Pokemon) and shiny Golisopod (both wildcard and Water-type).

nickdt

The argument that Krookodile is the ace because it's stronger is a flawed argument. Krookodile had 4 battles total. Pignite was with Ash throughout Unova. Pignite, Krookodile and Pikachu were also the only ones who got league victories. If you wanna argue percentages, Pignite gets the short end of the stick because it was around longer and fought more battles. Everyone made such a big deal about Goodra's 100% battle record, but it literally only fought twice and got released. Then proceeded to lose that record after the league.

Yes, but thats also a problem. Talonflame has more battles than Greninja for example, meaning Talonflame is the ace because its impact on the Badge Quest was higher and because it was in more battles, its lose percentage is higher, because you have more chances to lose.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I wonder if any of the early released gen8 Pokémon Will show up in the anime to be carried over to the next region! Too excited!
Potential dream crusher could use a gen VIII Pokémon. Or, we can expect a DA! after the league, which is simply a filler arc showcasing a few new gen VIII Pokémon.

Red and Blue

It's possible we dont get any Gen 8 Pokemon for the remainder of Sun and Moon. We didnt see any Gen 7 Pokemon in XYZ outside of Magearna in the 2016 film

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Everyone talking about Gen 8 pokemon, and i'm here wondering what Hau's team will be.

i'd like to see him have a Tauros and have it face Ash's

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
watch Kiawe get a Magby or something to carry around since everyone else does now

Lana - eevee
Mallow - shaymin
Ash - Pikachu
Lillie - Vulpix
Sophocles - Togedemaru
Kiawe - ???

DatsRight

watch Kiawe get a Magby or something to carry around since everyone else does now

Lana - eevee
Mallow - shaymin
Ash - Pikachu
Lillie - Vulpix
Sophocles - Togedemaru
Kiawe - ???

I think Marowak counts as his 'compact' Pokemon. I mean he can't carry it but it can fit into shots with all the other 'baby' mon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
At this point, I'm okay with Ash getting Meltan, especially since it seems to be really cute and it bonds with Rowlet and Pikachu. If it evolves into Melmetal and Poipole comes back, it's a pretty decent team for the end of a region:

Pikachu
Lycanroc
Incineroar
Rowlet
Melmetal
Poipole

Sure it's not fully evolved or anything but we've seen Ash beat fully evolved pokemon with basic form pokemon before. Plus I doubt this league will be as competitive as Sinnoh or Kalos.

Status
Not open for further replies.