• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

He has them at Oak's lab, Snorlax, Sceptile, Charizard, Infernape etc. I just hope Ash doesn't end up not using reserves, it'd be like 9 years since he used reserves. Please no, and it'd be predictable if he uses same 6 Pokemon against Gladion and Kukui.. I'd like Sceptile, Infernape against them. Torracat evolving > Meltan evolving.
Well he can use reserves in the early battles and his main six in the full ones. Though I have my doubts reserves will be used in this league

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I don't think reserves make or break a league. He was able to reach runner up in the Kalos league without them
I am talking enjoyment wise. Using same 6 Pokemon with same moves and whatnot is boring. Same with Hoenn league( Ash vs Morrison and Ash vs Tyson were pretty boring because we knew how it will go). I understand using 6 Pokemon once( like Ash vs Paul), but like in other battle/s? It's bad.

Red and Blue

I am talking enjoyment wise. Using same 6 Pokemon with same moves and whatnot is boring. Same with Hoenn league( Ash vs Morrison and Ash vs Tyson were pretty boring because we knew how it will go). I understand using 6 Pokemon once( like Ash vs Paul), but like in other battle/s? It's bad.
Well I guess that varies from person to person. I wouldnt mind if he competed in the Alolan League with just six Pokemon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Don’t understand why thinking Poipole’s return would be lazy writing would stop it from returning when the writers literally wouldn’t care if it’s lazy or seemingly pointless to its release.

Red and Blue

Don’t understand why thinking Poipole’s return would be lazy writing would stop it from returning when the writers literally wouldn’t care if it’s lazy or seemingly pointless to its release.
Exactly. They just gave Ash his sixth Pokemon thirty episodes before the end of SM. Yet somehow Poipole coming back for a few episodes is somehow worse.

Ignition

Exactly. They just gave Ash his sixth Pokemon thirty episodes before the end of SM. Yet somehow Poipole coming back for a few episodes is somehow worse.
People are being picky. You’re given an answer to his lacking team and then complain on it? If it was in the middle of the series I’d understand but it’s too late to expect anything besides Poipole or a reserve

ShadowForce720

So let's see Ash's Meltan is confirmed to know Flash Cannon and might know Thunder Shock and Harden. Also before someone tries to argue that "oh well it doesn't know Thunder Shock because it didn't use it in this episode and if it did it would have shown it off in this episode" it's important to note that pokemon don't necessarily always show off all of the moves they know within one episode.

After all if you look back at X&Y even though Noibat was caught in episode 76 it wasn't revealed to know Tackle until episode 102. Also considering the fact that we saw one or more of the other Meltan use Thunder Shock it isn't that farfetch'd to think that Ash's Meltan might know Thunder Shock as well. Does Ash's Meltan know Thunder Shock were just going to have to wait and see. As for Harden, it could know the move but right now unless it used it in the recent episode and I just didn't notice it, it's not confirmed that it knows Harden.

KKS-Lapras

People are being picky. You’re given an answer to his lacking team and then complain on it? If it was in the middle of the series I’d understand but it’s too late to expect anything besides Poipole or a reserve

That is entirely assuming you're expecting a Pokemon with screen time development.

I personally feel the order of likelihood for the 6th slot, from most likely to least likely, is 1. Ash uses a reserve/s, 2. Ash captures a 6th Pokemon that gets very little screen time development, and 3. Poipole temporarily returns.

narutoo

dragon trainer
the reason I see that ash got a meltan...as it may have the ability to fuse with pokemon to give armored evolution..maybe it will fuse with pikachu in the league to give armored pikachu...as it will promote new game Pokemon sword and shield.

Ignition

That is entirely assuming you're expecting a Pokemon with screen time development.

I personally feel the order of likelihood for the 6th slot, from most likely to least likely, is 1. Ash uses a reserve/s, 2. Ash captures a 6th Pokemon that gets very little screen time development, and 3. Poipole temporarily returns.
It literally is the exact opposite of what you’re saying. I’m not expecting anything

KKS-Lapras

It literally is the exact opposite of what you’re saying. I’m not expecting anything

Yes you are, speculation is in some small part based on personal expectation, even if you don't have a lot faith said personal expectation will be realized.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

1. Poipole has absolutely zero battling experience. Gliscor and Charizard were battlers, all Poipole did was fly around, giggle, and act cute. If it was going to come back then they should have done an Inkay and make it choose Ash, that way it could actually develop into a decent enough Pokemon for the League.

2. How the hell would Ash contact it? Goodra, Squirtle, Primeape, and Greninja are with other people or in close enough proximity that they can come back easily. Poipole's in a different dimension

ShadowForce720

1. Poipole has absolutely zero battling experience. Gliscor and Charizard were battlers, all Poipole did was fly around, giggle, and act cute. If it was going to come back then they should have done an Inkay and make it choose Ash, that way it could actually develop into a decent enough Pokemon for the League.

2. How the hell would Ash contact it? Goodra, Squirtle, Primeape, and Greninja are with other people or in close enough proximity that they can come back easily. Poipole's in a different dimension

It's not that hard after all did you forget the fact that Kartana still hasn't debuted yet, and Mohn is still missing, so if they do plan on having Poipole return they can easily have it be a case of where Mohn is trapped in Ultra Space and Ash and the others go there to find and rescue him which would make easy for them to debut Kartana but also have Poipole return then.

KKS-Lapras

I so agree with you. Poipole reminds me of Meleotta, and while yes technically Ash actually captured Poipole, it could argued, Poipole still did less then Meleotta did.

Red and Blue

So let's see Ash's Meltan is confirmed to know Flash Cannon and might know Thunder Shock and Harden. Also before someone tries to argue that "oh well it doesn't know Thunder Shock because it didn't use it in this episode and if it did it would have shown it off in this episode" it's important to note that pokemon don't necessarily always show off all of the moves they know within one episode.

After all if you look back at X&Y even though Noibat was caught in episode 76 it wasn't revealed to know Tackle until episode 102. Also considering the fact that we saw one or more of the other Meltan use Thunder Shock it isn't that farfetch'd to think that Ash's Meltan might know Thunder Shock as well. Does Ash's Meltan know Thunder Shock were just going to have to wait and see. As for Harden, it could know the move but right now unless it used it in the recent episode and I just didn't notice it, it's not confirmed that it knows Harden.
As it is now I could see it knowing Headbutt, harden, and Thundershock in addition to Flash Cannon.

As for Poipole I could see it learning Sludge Bomb and Fell Stinger if it returns. If it evolves I think Dragon Pulse will replace Toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.