• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Flare blitz always happens for Ash’s Fire types but I prefer to keep flame charge because every time it’s used it upgrades the Pokémon’s speed stat

Fire blast
Darkest Lariat
Revenge
Flame charge

Would be a great move set with great stat boosts and damage! Fire blast serves as the heavy hitting Fire type move also flare blitz isn’t essential in my opinion while it also damages the user

When has it happened always, out of all the fire types ash has only infernape knows this move and i think a potential incineroar knowing it makes sense since this is probably coolest fire type move.

ShadowForce720

When has it happened always, out of all the fire types ash has only infernape knows this move and i think a potential incineroar knowing it makes sense since this is probably coolest fire type move.

Just in regards to whether or not Ash's potential Incineroar would replace Flame Charge with Flare Blitz, the thing is Ash's potential Incineroar already has Fire Blast, the thing with Flare Blitz though is that it's basically a slightly stronger close range Fire Blast that does recoil damage and sure while it might be cool for Ash's potential Incineroar to know Flare Blitz, you have to ask your does it really serve a better role on Ash's potential Incineroar's move set then Flame Charge does.

I would argue no it doesn't as Ash already has a high damage Fire type attack in Fire Blast, and Flame Charge provides Ash's potential Incineroar with a speed buff.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Did i miss something? is there any hint as to torracat's evolution?
no, but people are still clinging on to hope that he'll be ash's ace, even though by like late 2017 we pretty much already knew he wouldn't be, and the second kukui used his z-ring it was pretty much confirmed that there would be no use for having torracat evolve (in terms of marketing)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
no, but people are still clinging on to hope that he'll be ash's ace, even though by like late 2017 we pretty much already knew he wouldn't be, and the second kukui used his z-ring it was pretty much confirmed that there would be no use for having torracat evolve (in terms of marketing)
But, if Torracat doesn't evolve, then it can't use any Z-Moves, causing it to lag behind the rest of his team who can.

nickdt

But, if Torracat doesn't evolve, then it can't use any Z-Moves, causing it to lag behind the rest of his team who can.

TBH, it doesn't matter at this point, since Torracat and Rowlet don't exist according to the writers, since Pikachu and Lycanroc are the only ones getting focus.

Red and Blue

TBH, it doesn't matter at this point, since Torracat and Rowlet don't exist according to the writers, since Pikachu and Lycanroc are the only ones getting focus.
Except Rowlet got focus in episode 111 and 112. And will get more in the future thanks to its bond with Meltan and rivalry with Hau.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Except Rowlet got focus in episode 111 and 112. And will get more in the future thanks to its bond with Meltan and rivalry with Hau.
And, Torracat also got its rivalry with Kukui's Incineroar, which I believe will end with Torracat evolving and defeating Incineroar, and Ash will be rewarded with an Incinium Z-Crystal for doing.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I also think Ash will get Incinium Z. Because Torracat would be only one without Z move.No way writers would let that be.
They could give him that Fightinium-Z Koko switched out at the beginning since Torracat knows Revenge.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
They could give him that Fightinium-Z Koko switched out at the beginning since Torracat knows Revenge.

I'd honestly prefer if Ash did get the incinium-Z because I don't like what Nanu said.

How would he get the fighting Z-crystal at this point anyway? Battle Hala again or fight some random fighting type totem for it?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'd honestly prefer if Ash did get the incinium-Z because I don't like what Nanu said.

How would he get the fighting Z-crystal at this point anyway? Battle Hala again or fight some random fighting type totem for it?
Yeah. It would make a lot more sense for Ash to get Incinium than Fightingium.

MiloticTwins

Right after the Ultra Guardians have assisted Light Trio, including Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma, and all the Ultra Beasts, do you think that Clefable will retire offstage from the anime by fading away in her farewell to her ex-Trainer Lusamine, so that she has to move out to live into another dimension for her Pokémon retirement home world for all eternity, never making her comeback?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Right after the Ultra Guardians have assisted Light Trio, including Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma, and all the Ultra Beasts, do you think that Clefable will retire offstage from the anime by fading away in farewell to her ex-Trainer Lusamine?
Literally nothing in the anime suggests that

Agustin Gomez

TheShiningBald
Honestly, Torracat doesn't need to evolve to beat Incineroar. I mean, it has a higher speed stat as a Torracat, so Flame Charge is perfect for the situation. Fire Blast is the power move, Revenge is the surprise egg move and Fire Fang is the move that will go and be replaced by another move. Maybe Outrage (Would of loved if Ash got the Dragon Z, but Gladion got it so...) or maybe Thrash (Letting it use a Z-move again).

Well, I know it's highly unlikely, but it's still a possibility. Everyone thought the idea of Ash catching Meltan was impossible & look what happened.
Plus, Silvally already had its main focus during the Aether Arc and it was stuck in the sidelines during Ash's last battle with Gladion.
I really believe in the possibility of a Lunala/Solgaleo showoff in the league, specially in the finals; but that would mean only the finals would be a six vs six, unless Ash captures another Pokemon or Poipole returns, something I don't think possible due to the time we have until the end of the series. It would be an epic way to end the league and the series, i mean Greninja Vs Charizard was an excellent battle (Despite the result) so the series has to surpass that... It wille difficult...

About people saying that Ash never lasted this long in the series without a full team, may i remind you that Ash practically had five pokemon in the XY series right until the semi finals (Even if Goodra did come back, it wasn't available for the other battles).

Also there are some rumours going around (A youtuber :p) that's saying that a reserve Pokemon will be coming back, Bulbasaur. Any thoughts?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Right after the Ultra Guardians have assisted Light Trio, including Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma, and all the Ultra Beasts, do you think that Clefable will retire offstage from the anime by fading away in her farewell to her ex-Trainer Lusamine, so that she has to move out to live into another dimension for her Pokémon retirement home world for all eternity, never making her comeback?

.....what?

Honestly, Torracat doesn't need to evolve to beat Incineroar. I mean, it has a higher speed stat as a Torracat, so Flame Charge is perfect for the situation. Fire Blast is the power move, Revenge is the surprise egg move and Fire Fang is the move that will go and be replaced by another move. Maybe Outrage (Would of loved if Ash got the Dragon Z, but Gladion got it so...) or maybe Thrash (Letting it use a Z-move again).

I really believe in the possibility of a Lunala/Solgaleo showoff in the league, specially in the finals; but that would mean only the finals would be a six vs six, unless Ash captures another Pokemon or Poipole returns, something I don't think possible due to the time we have until the end of the series. It would be an epic way to end the league and the series, i mean Greninja Vs Charizard was an excellent battle (Despite the result) so the series has to surpass that... It wille difficult...

About people saying that Ash never lasted this long in the series without a full team, may i remind you that Ash practically had five pokemon in the XY series right until the semi finals (Even if Goodra did come back, it wasn't available for the other battles).

Also there are some rumours going around (A youtuber :p) that's saying that a reserve Pokemon will be coming back, Bulbasaur. Any thoughts?

Nobody says Torracat has to evolve to beat him. He can beat the snot out of Incineroar and then proceed to evolve while it and Ash celebrate.
And I love Bulbasaur but he and Charizard need to stay far away. They'd do nothing but overshadow Rowlet and Incineroar as they're both better in many ways. Just like nobody ever talks about Torterra during the Sinnoh League, everyone talks about Sceptile.

Status
Not open for further replies.