• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Who knows
Would make sense assuming the classmates will make a return to Ultra Space in order to find Mohn. Would also be the perfect opportunity for a certain UB to return

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Would make sense assuming the classmates will make a return to Ultra Space in order to find Mohn. Would also be the perfect opportunity for a certain UB to return
heh, seeing the the classmates, gladion, dia, and poipole's return involved in the mohn plot would be amazing, but I doubt in that ever happening

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Also there are some rumours going around (A youtuber :p) that's saying that a reserve Pokemon will be coming back, Bulbasaur. Any thoughts?

As much as i love Bulbasaurs in general, i see no reason for Bulbasur to come back with Rowlet on the Team

nickdt

As much as i love Bulbasaurs in general, i see no reason for Bulbasur to come back with Rowlet on the Team

Thats a non-argument at this point, especially since they can make it: Rowlet is the Air based Grass and Bulbasaur is the Land based Grass on the team for diversity, much like Talonflame was the Air based Flyer and Hawlucha was the Ground based Flyer (Or Torterra and Gliscor).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Thats a non-argument at this point, especially since they can make it: Rowlet is the Air based Grass and Bulbasaur is the Land based Grass on the team for diversity, much like Talonflame was the Air based Flyer and Hawlucha was the Ground based Flyer (Or Torterra and Gliscor).
Bulbasaur's not even a battler anymore. After the BF, it retired from battling and it is now the ambassador for Oak's Lab.

Zariful

Bulbasaur's not even a battler anymore. After the BF, it retired from battling and it is now the ambassador for Oak's Lab.
That's not remotely accurate. Just because it hasn't been used since BF doesn't mean it's not a battler anymore. And it became that back in Johto. But still fought in the Johto league and the battle frontier. All of Ash's pokemon in his posession are still battlers. Kingler hasn't fought since before the Johto League and hasn't made a physical appearance since Hoenn. But it's still a battler.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
That's not remotely accurate. Just because it hasn't been used since BF doesn't mean it's not a battler anymore. And it became that back in Johto. But still fought in the Johto league and the battle frontier. All of Ash's pokemon in his posession are still battlers. Kingler hasn't fought since before the Johto League and hasn't made a physical appearance since Hoenn. But it's still a battler.

Bulbasaur also stayed with ash the whole pallet town visit when the Alola kids visited Kanto.

Might have attacked team rocket too, i don't remember.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

dman_dustin

I would however say it is an argument because unfortunately any examples you would choose to counter it are...because it doesn't matter Pignite and Charizard (only after the league) or its because its a Pokemon that was caught within the same generation (anything else) or because of monotyping challenges (or expected reasons for being part of the team at the same time, other types of league battles and for opponent's Pokemon).

But there is NO legitimate reasoning for ONLY Bulbasaur out of ALL his Pokemon to comeback on the team. I think Muk would make more sense, or even Kingler.

Bulbasaur would be incredibly weird and off putting.

Not to mention how much Charizard screwed Cyndaquil over in the Pokemon league in Silver Conference, I'd rather NOT have that happen to Rowlet (who is in many way already getting screwed over enough, unlike Cyndaquil who actually got a LOT of gym battles).

THAT BEING said, you are right in nothing would ACTUALLY prevent Bulbasaur being the ONLY choice to come back. But I'd like to think there was discussion between writers and executives and someone questioned the idea before being ignored and forcing Bulbasaur on the team.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
So I haven't kept up to date with the anime but wanted to ask if ash's torracat evolves it automatically becomes his ace? Any reasons as to why? From what I'm reading lycanroc still has the upper hand in terms of feats and development? Or does he become his ace just based on him beating kukui incineroar once

ShadowForce720

If Poipole comes back then Ash will have no need to bring back reserves.

If Poipole comes back then yes Ash would have a full team and he might not use reserves, however that being said if you look at Johto and Sinnoh where he caught 6 pokemon from those regions in both cases him catching 6 pokemon didn't prevent him from using reserves at the Johto and Sinnoh League. So even if Poipole returns that doesn't prevent Ash from using reserves at the league.

Will he use reserves at the league maybe or maybe not will just have to wait and see.

nickdt

Any hopes for greninja's return? Well, he still has a slot in his team and this might be the perfect opportunity for greninja to come back!

Greninja isn't gonna return, since released into the wild without a human caretaker, just like Poipole, Lapras and Pidgeot and as such Ash cannot locate it.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Greninja isn't gonna return, since released into the wild without a human caretaker, just like Poipole, Lapras and Pidgeot and as such Ash cannot locate it.
I can't say whether Greninja will return or not, but Ash can always locate Greninja because of the bond he shares with him!!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Lol, this is ridiculous. Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern were all flying-types, but there usage wasn't divided by whether they fought onland or in the air, but by their primary typing (technically secondary for Noivern, though that's debatable). Talonflame was used as a Fire-type, Hawlucha solely as a Fighting-type, Noivern as a Dragon using soundbased moves.

Both Rowlet and Bulbasaur are pretty much solely Grass-types.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why does overlapping types matter regardless of if they’re utilized in different ways or not?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Lol, this is ridiculous. Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern were all flying-types, but there usage wasn't divided by whether they fought onland or in the air, but by their primary typing (technically secondary for Noivern, though that's debatable). Talonflame was used as a Fire-type, Hawlucha solely as a Fighting-type, Noivern as a Dragon using soundbased moves.

Both Rowlet and Bulbasaur are pretty much solely Grass-types.

This^
They sure don't pay much attention to the secondary typing of Ash's starters, aside from the Fire types.

Status
Not open for further replies.