• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
To be honest, I would wish for Ash to capture the Alolan Muk. Yes, I know Ash already have a Muk, but I can't stop thinking that (thanks to its Dark Type), an Alolan Muk is way better than a regular Muk.

That is why I'm glad he didn't get it. All Alola Muk would have been is a Muk clone

If Ash was going to catch any regional variant it should have been Sandshrew.

And this ^^^
Still mad about that. If he can get mythicals now, then why can't he have a real Mega and a regional form?

Red and Blue

When is Alola League, Ash just gonna reserve the Pokemon?
Just waiting to see if Poipole returns or not. There should still be a few episodes left between 116 and the start of the League

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
it's kinda crazy that the league's first episode title could be revealed any day now (well, we'll probably get through the mohn stuff first, but still)

nickdt

it's kinda crazy that the league's first episode title could be revealed any day now (well, we'll probably get through the mohn stuff first, but still)

I don't think we get the league until September at its earliest, especially since we have Meltan on the main cast and Guzma is gonna be a thing, i can see a Rainbow Rocket arc happening before the league as a last test for the group.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think we get the league until September at its earliest, especially since we have Meltan on the main cast and Guzma is gonna be a thing, i can see a Rainbow Rocket arc happening before the league as a last test for the group.
I don't think that Rainbow Rocket is happening. TR didn't disband in the anime like they did in the games.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Apparently, four more episodes are to be announced. Let's see what they are.

Zariful

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were trolls, but that reminds me. When do we think new episodes will be announced.

DatsRight

I would like if TR got SOME sort of equivalent to Rainbow Rocket this series, Giovanni and Matori have gotten a suspicious amount of limelight this series, and Ultra Legends seems to be handling Team Rocket a bit better, making them feel less like a third wheel (compared to this point in most previous series where you could tell they had completely run thin).

It's really high hopes, but I'm hoping Meowth gets to learn a new move so he can use Darkium Z before SM ends as well. It would be cool if they finally brought Night Slash up again.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Not posted by Dephender though. Could be a troll attempt
heh, speaking of which, I remember when SM30/31 fake titles were revealed, and the real SM31 ended up being pretty much the same thing as what the fake title was implying (olivia's debut and the beginning of the akala island arc, even if it was vastly different from the fake summary), and heh, that makes me kinda nostalgic as for some reason those titles where what introduced me to sppf

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I would like if TR got SOME sort of equivalent to Rainbow Rocket this series, Giovanni and Matori have gotten a suspicious amount of limelight this series, and Ultra Legends seems to be handling Team Rocket a bit better, making them feel less like a third wheel (compared to this point in most previous series where you could tell they had completely run thin).

It's really high hopes, but I'm hoping Meowth gets to learn a new move so he can use Darkium Z before SM ends as well. It would be cool if they finally brought Night Slash up again.

I hope they do something with them, I'd love to see more of the Mega Aggron guy! Such a shame how they seem to toss aside all the TR members that you wanna see more of(That smoothie grudge girl whose name escapes me, Pierce.....), I hope he sticks around even if he doesn't appear again this saga.

They've definitely lost their chance at writing Team Rocket off though, they had the potential to finally do it and a perfect out for the TRio

DatsRight

I hope they do something with them, I'd love to see more of the Mega Aggron guy! Such a shame how they seem to toss aside all the TR members that you wanna see more of(That smoothie grudge girl whose name escapes me, Pierce.....), I hope he sticks around even if he doesn't appear again this saga.

They've definitely lost their chance at writing Team Rocket off though, they had the potential to finally do it and a perfect out for the TRio

I'm fine with TR staying if they're written and used efficiently. SM has been touch and go with that, despite making the wise decision not to use them as much in favour of giving the twerps more individual limelight. Ultra Legends has so far used them okay, usually only appearing when they add to the story in a fun way, and having some funnier less formulaic moments with the other characters like in the recent Pheromosa episode. If the rest of the season keeps up that level of effort it might be one of their best eras since the classic era.

I do hope we get at least one solid battle out of them though. They actually bothered to try keep up with the twerps this series, and yet they always suffer curb stomps and plot armour outcomes, even against trainers that barely train or battle at all. I'd love at least the odd time their bulk ups actually added to their antagonist level and offered a real unnegated challenge for the twerps, and not just in a 'winning for a while, but then a twerp's Pokemon DEM evolves or learns a new move and instantly destroys them' structure.

JC317

I do hope we get at least one solid battle out of them though. They actually bothered to try keep up with the twerps this series, and yet they always suffer curb stomps and plot armour outcomes, even against trainers that barely train or battle at all. I'd love at least the odd time their bulk ups actually added to their antagonist level and offered a real unnegated challenge for the twerps, and not just in a 'winning for a while, but then a twerp's Pokemon DEM evolves or learns a new move and instantly destroys them' structure.

Eh, we got that one solid battle way between Ash and TR way back in SM012.

As for keeping up with Ash and friends, I don't really think TR has done much other than actively looking for their Z-crystal that one time. Every other power up they got during SM wasn't intentional, whether it's James's Mareanie learning the move needed to use Darkinium Z, or TR getting the Z-ring and Mimikium Z from Nanu.

Right now, it looks like this will be the second saga in which none of TR's Pokemon will evolve. Regardless of your view on Pokemon evolutions, that still sucks. Please just let James evolve his Mareanie, he hasn't had an evolution since OS!

DatsRight

Eh, I wouldn't really call that a good battle. More a spectacle. Another case TR almost won with the twerps lucking out of it though no competence of their own. The Mimikyu vs Pikachu trial was similar, Mimikyu was winning but the moment Pikachu got Electroweb, it had served its purpose and the match ended in all of two seconds. Ash didn't really overcome them in either, he just got something to instantly get rid of them with no real effort.

I want a case they force a really good fight out of the twerps, that they work as an effective challenge for them to overcome. The general mandate would be both sides getting in good hits and strategies and the twerps winning without any sort of plot armour instantly enabling them to dominate. Even just something like their late BW/early XY efforts where the twerps mostly dominate but TR get in a few hits and force a bit of improvisation out of the twerps would be an improvement. I mean, even their low points like the AG era got odd epic fights like the Ralts battle.

I really just want more cases TR seem beneficial to the twerps' role in some way besides as padding, an actual reason for them to be there. We've only very recently got back to having times they interact with TR like they are recurring developed characters instead of generic stock goons they've maybe met all of once or twice before.

Last edited:

JC317

But TR didn't almost win, they actually won against Ash in SM012, except then Bewear came in to instantly get rid of TR for Ash with no real effort.

If you're looking for an actual fight between TR and Ash involving actual strategy and each side going back-and-forth, then it's probably too late for that. Unless TR play a bigger role in the next story arc involving Mohn, or Rainbow Rocket somehow comes into play, there probably aren't any big conflicts left between TR and Ash with friends.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a good fight between Ash and TR, but by now the writing team is probably going to save their creativity and innovation for the fights in the league and/or final story arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.