• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The base stats of all the box legendaries are almost same, so what are you talking about?

Stats don't mean anything in the anime.

And the most Solgaleo has been shown to do in the games is open wormholes. That's not very impressive compared to weather controlling on a massive scale, manipulating space-time, and the ability to take/give life.

Zariful

But, catching a box legend is too much in my opinion. It would make whoever catches it extremely overpowered.
But, things change. The anime is different from the games. Hence why Ash has managed to beat some legendary Pokemon or gone toe to toe with them before. Even if you don't wanna believe that it can be a reality, that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Hanto

Water Addiction

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Why he would use the ride Garchomp if he has his own Gible

You know, it's kind of annoying to see Ash having to borrow someone else's Garchomp when he has an evolution-capable Gible sitting in the lab.

Hanto

Water Addiction

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that any of the UG ride Pokemon are going to be used in the league (Charizard doesn't count).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You know, it's kind of annoying to see Ash having to borrow someone else's Garchomp when he has an evolution-capable Gible sitting in the lab.

It really is
Hopefully they let Gible actually get that far someday, Garchomp fits Ash quite nicely

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
BW scared the writers away from ever giving Ash a lot of pokemon again

the problem is there are too many human characters to deal with, in an ironic fashion it creates a reverse situation of unova because instead of piling too many pokemon on Ash, the fact that there are so many other characters means they need pokemon too, so Ash gets stiffed as a result.

Zoruagible

the problem is there are too many human characters to deal with, in an ironic fashion it creates a reverse situation of unova because instead of piling too many pokemon on Ash, the fact that there are so many other characters means they need pokemon too, so Ash gets stiffed as a result.

Well that
And they felt the need to give Ash all the 'special' Pokemon instead of an ordinary Pokemon. Apart from the feminine ones. None of his Pokemon are just a standard Pokemon like Hawlucha, Buizel, Krookodile.... all of them are starters, the only known Dusk form of Lycanroc, Ultra Beast, and a 'newly discovered species'!
Would have been nice if he at least got Sandslash or Hawkommo-o....

Kintaro

Banned
Also people exaggerate how full Ash's teams were in past series. In Hoenn Ash went with 5 pokemon for the majority of it as Snorunt wasn't captured till after the 7th Gym, and on top of that Torkoal was barely used. In Sinnoh it took a long time for him to get a full team and then Gliscor was swapped for Gible.

In Johto if you don't count the time it took for the Kanto starters to leave, again he had a small team and his Johto team didn't fill up till the end of the saga. Then of course there's Kalos where he went with few pokemon for the majority of it as Goodra left mid-series and Noviern didn't happen till the end.

Kanto and BW were the only sagas he caught tons of pokemon and it wasn't handled well in either. In Kanto anything that wasn't the starters were immediately released or sent to Oak's lab, and BW was a disaster for completely different reasons.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
BW scared the writers away from ever giving Ash a lot of pokemon again

If I could choice six or seven pokemon to the Unova Team instead nine, I'd probably would for what Ash had against Roxie + krookodile or druddigon.

I think both XY and SM teams payed hard for how much pokemon Ash caught in BW. And SM have the excuse of a larger cast, where in XY, Ash could use at least one more pokemon (I had this wishful thinking of a meowstic, but psychic is still one of the types he still have to get).

About the full teams, personally, the lack of evolutions was Johto Team's main drawback. Evolve phanpy and cyndaquil there instead 5 and 10 years after respectively it would at least give some sense fairness because of the Kanto pokemon hogging the league after. Houenn Team would benefit of one more gen III pokemon, but they went and gave Ash an aipom (wasted). And Sinnoh Team, it's probably the only team I'm actually satisfied on how it ended.

In Kanto anything that wasn't the starters were immediately released or sent to Oak's lab

I'm still sore about primeape. That thing is more remembered by the anime staff than pidgeot and still have to reappear bar openings/endings.

Well that
And they felt the need to give Ash all the 'special' Pokemon instead of an ordinary Pokemon. Apart from the feminine ones. None of his Pokemon are just a standard Pokemon like Hawlucha, Buizel, Krookodile.... all of them are starters, the only known Dusk form of Lycanroc, Ultra Beast, and a 'newly discovered species'!
Would have been nice if he at least got Sandslash or Hawkommo-o....
It would be fine if they had stopped with the starters and Dusk-rock and just add something more "common". Nebby isn't usable for anything aside crisis scenarios, poipole was a wasted slot and meltan, we still need time to see.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Also people exaggerate how full Ash's teams were in past series. In Hoenn Ash went with 5 pokemon for the majority of it as Snorunt wasn't captured till after the 7th Gym, and on top of that Torkoal was barely used. In Sinnoh it took a long time for him to get a full team and then Gliscor was swapped for Gible.
Ash had a full team in Sinnoh before he took on Maylene/3rd Gym Leader when he caught Gligar and had that team until after he took on Candice/7th Gym Leader in which Gliscor left 27 episodes later. Gible was caught 3 episodes afterwards. He had a full team for the majority of the series so Sinnoh isn’t a good example of how he barely had a full team

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
SM couldn't handle ash with 4 pokemon for most of time imagine the condition if he had caught 9-10 pokemon like in BW what would be the case ?

If I could choice six or seven pokemon to the Unova Team instead nine, I'd probably would for what Ash had against Roxie + krookodile or druddigon.

I think both XY and SM teams payed hard for how much pokemon Ash caught in BW. And SM have the excuse of a larger cast, where in XY, Ash could use at least one more pokemon (I had this wishful thinking of a meowstic, but psychic is still one of the types he still have to get).

About the full teams, personally, the lack of evolutions was Johto Team's main drawback. Evolve phanpy and cyndaquil there instead 5 and 10 years after respectively it would at least give some sense fairness because of the Kanto pokemon hogging the league after. Houenn Team would benefit of one more gen III pokemon, but they went and gave Ash an aipom (wasted). And Sinnoh Team, it's probably the only team I'm actually satisfied on how it ended.
I'm still sore about primeape. That thing is more remembered by the anime staff than pidgeot and still have to reappear bar openings/endings.

Agreed, aipom with ash was a waste instead he could just have brought his glalie with him in BF, ash should have just caught bagon and evolved it by the the end of BF, bagon looked like an ash pokemon, as for johto team he should have evolved cyndaquil all the way and caught that larvitar and evolve it as well. In kalos he should have caught a honedge. Primeape, pidgeot and haunter are other pokemon which the anime has handles poorly in kanto.

Zoruagible

Ash had a full team in Sinnoh before he took on Maylene/3rd Gym Leader when he caught Gligar and had that team until after he took on Candice/7th Gym Leader in which Gliscor left 27 episodes later. Gible was caught 3 episodes afterwards. He had a full team for the majority of the series so Sinnoh isn’t a good example of how he barely had a full team

And he had five Pokemon for a majority of Hoenn. Not like XY where he went down to four again in the middle half, or SM where he had four for literally 90% of the series

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Going to take a guess and say that, like the classmates, Torracat’s going to get some last minute boosts before the League and they’re saving all of its screentime for then

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't really agree with Aipom being an empty slot. During her tenure as Ash's pokémon, she's had some decent battles, screentime and development. It only become toxic waste after the whole trade thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.