1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Sushi, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

Meltan probably has Harden and Thunder Shock as it’s other two moves. Maybe Thunder Wave. I’d wager when it potentially evolves it could get Double Iron Bash and Thunder Punch. Also this was probably confirmed the other day, but it’s a cute detail that Meltan stays in the bag with Rowlet. Also they played Poipole’s opening song in the recent episode.

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I'm still slightly irked by the fact that Mao and Lilie are both caring for Mythical Pokemon, but at least they don't officially own them. Satoshi having Meltan is somewhat excusable since he's at least more experienced than his companions.

Zoruagible likes this.
  3. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I'm kinda liking Shaymin now due to the recent episode, since they're bothering to show an actual bond between it and Mallow. It doesn't really seem that prestigious in treatment right now either. If I didn't know about the games' hierarchies, I'd have thought Shaymin was just a typical timid Pokemon that knows a signature useful move.

Can we at least see Mallow in one proper team battle that isn't TR now though? Don't let Aromatherapy go to waste.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 at 8:41 PM
    Kawaii Emolga and Zoruagible like this.
  4. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

And he hasn't even gotten to do anything with Fire Blast yet... quite irritating! At least not many battles happened between Rowlet learning Razor Leaf and his battle with Hau, there have been plenty of opportunites that Torracat could have fought but they give it to Pokemon that have had more than enough focus...

I just wanna see him fight somebody not named Kukui -.-

At least they're small cute legendary Pokemon and not bigger ones, Shaymin fits in quite nicely with Mallow.
    If it was something like a Latios/Latias it'd just feel like a way to give them a free power up without working for it. Kiawe's really the only current companion who could get a bigger legendary without feeling forced as it's established he's strong already. Getting a strong Pokemon wouldn't feel like a last minute power-up, though I'd still prefer he got Heatran over something like Moltres or Entei

Decidueye23 likes this.
  5. DatsRight

The series is being oddly roundabout concerning many Pokemon getting to battle. We see several of them getting established boosts and changeups, but then....not getting a proper battle to really test it out. At best they'll face TR or some bad guy that's practically a standing target, but the trainers won't really get to enhance their actual strategy and battle style. Establishing abilities is cool, especially with a downplayed use of 'power of really wanting it' DEM moments as of recently, but you seriously can't have all these guys go into the league without proper battle experience.

I mean Meltan's been here the least time out of everyone and it seems it will already get one proper official battle plus at least a couple of TR's more 'not so harmless' ones. Almost no one besides Kiawe's team has even reached that in what is over 100 episodes for some.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 at 10:54 PM
    Decidueye23 likes this.
  6. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

After this last episode, I could really see Shaymin staying with Mallow. They've clearly bonded a lot and it seems to care for Mallow. I think we need to get rid of this stigma about legendary pokemon tbh. There's a difference between a Shaymin and something like Dialga. I see no reason why Shaymin can't be captured, especially since it isn't portrayed as some super strong pokemon.

Zoruagible and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  7. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Shaymin's first episode makes it clear that it is a temporary Pokemon.

8. Zoruagible

I'm really hoping they go that way. Shaymin fits the cast a lot more than a freaking Magearna does...

Doesn't mean it can't change.

9. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Well then the writers seem to want to make us and Mallow care about a temporary pokemon more then we need to. Especially because they didn't really give a great reason for it leaving. Needs to fly away sometime isn't exactly a reason that can't change.

10. DatsRight

I wouldn't mind Mallow getting to keep Shaymin, especially since it has the very practical Aromatherapy that could give her a distinct use in group action scenes. Also within just one episode Shaymin has gone from a bland prop to having far more personality and chemistries than Tsareena gained in over 100 episodes, and its 'weak but practical' stance fits a non-battler like Mallow more than the latter, who just matured into a powerhouse with little to no contribution from her trainer at all.

Unless its Sky Forme is shoehorned in as well and suddenly turns out to be incredibly OP, I wouldn't mind Mallow having this one, at least she bothered to form a bond with it first.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 9:10 PM
  11. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Well seeing as how we likely won't ever see Mao again once SM is concluded, I wouldn't mind too much if she keeps Shaymin. I'm simply puzzled by the fact that the writers waited so long to give her a second Pokemon to look after.

Zoruagible likes this.
  12. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Mallow letting Shaymin go as it goes into it's sky forme will probably be similar to Misty releasing Togetic. We'll see Shaymin fly into the sky.

13. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

Things can always change. We at least know Shaymin likes Mallow and the group to the point where it was willing to run after Mallow’s accessory, prevented Nagisa from getting injured and healing it with Aromatherapy later on. Plus Shaymin could be like Noland. He befriended that articuno and it kept visiting to hang

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  14. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Reason it doesn't matter is because by the end of SM Mallow won't be around next series anyway, so whether it stays with her or leaves doesn't make a difference as we might never see her again, beyond the SM cast getting a special or whatever.

15. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Another year of wasting my life ಠ_ಠ

More or less, if Mallow's in the League, Shaymin is staying for that much at worst... if she isn't gonna participate, well, then yeah Shaymin could leave as early as next episode (it won't be next episode obviously)

16. KenzeyEevee

KenzeyEevee The Realistic male Eevee

Tbh I am impressed that the anime staff didnt take a break this year yet (besides new year). Is Sunday a good day to broadcast pokemon?

17. JC317

JC317 Well-Known Member

Sunday could have been a good day to broadcast Pokemon, anytime on Sunday could have really benefitted Pokemon...

...except for the timeslot that they moved Pokemon to, which has done nothing but made it so that children are less likely to watch the show.

18. Zoruagible

Weren't those breaks mostly to make up for Pokemon having so many double episode weeks? They haven't had one in those in quite some time either

KenzeyEevee and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  19. KenzeyEevee

KenzeyEevee The Realistic male Eevee

What can the special announcement in SM118 be about?

20. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Not much. I don't think that it will be a game announcement.