• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
What about Gligar in Sinnoh, I remember thinking along the same lines that he wouldn't catch any older guys that could evolve into new ones, yet he did.

Gliscor was an entirely new Pokemon though compared to Mega/Alolan variants being modifications of preexisting Pokemon, but I see your point. I'm all for Alolan Sandslash personally, even if I don't see it necessarily happening.

Domok

Megas and Alolan forms are two completely different things imo. One is a power up,the other is basically a complete reimagining of a Pokemon. Megas had two problems. Being too powerful and having their non mega form probably not showing up as often. Alolan mons stay in their Alolan form forever. Also,relying on a "pattern" is not a good way to gauge things.

Megas had two problems. Being too powerful and having their non mega form probably not showing up as often.

I see this complaint often but I disagree with it. I have loved Beedril since Pokemon Red. However, I could hardly even use it in the actual game much beyond level 30, let alone ever hope to get to use it competitively. I think Megas are a great chance to get pokemon we normally never see into battle and I was extremely disappointed that we didn't get more in Sun and Moon. I still love Lediba but its utter trash. If they gave it a Mega-Evolution then that would change.

Also, since everyone gets 1 Mega Evolution and 1 Z-Move, if you're really in a pinch you might be able to Z-Away the Mega and level the playing fields again. So, its really not that bad all things considered.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
There hasn't even been 10 episodes in SM....and his other regional teams all had speedsters, not just XY.

Yes, but his XY team had the most speedsters. Regarding his SM team, I think it will really more on attack and defence rather than speed. Pikachu will obviously rely on speed as always.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Really, I don't think it'll be any different from some of his good, non-speedy Pokemon like the ones I mentioned earlier. And assuming Pikachu doesn't wind up being his ace, maybe it's about time his ace is a slower Pokemon. Snorlax is pretty much his only top--tier Pokemon that's actually slow. The others just happen to be Pikachu and the fast starters of previous generations (Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape).

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Anime=/=Games- I know that. But so far I haven't seen any Gen 7 Pokemon in Alola in the Anime that are speedy(maybe Litten slightly). I highly doubt that his team will be as speedy like his XY team. Remember Ash-Greninja's blinding speed, as well as the great speed shown by Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern as well. I think Ash will have to battle will a slightly different approach with his SM team.

That statement right there implies that you are using game stats to judge the Pokémon in the anime. If the anime writers want to make Ash's Rowlet faster than the average game Rowlet, then Rowlet will be faster than the average game Rowlet. IMO, what matters is how fast the Alola Pokémon are compared to each other, not how fast they are compared to Pokémon of other regions.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
But Rowlet hasn't been shown as speedy in the Anime as well- it was struggling to keep up with the Trumbeak and all the Pikipek in flying. And what I meant in that statement was that no Gen 7 Pokemon in the SM Anime has shown that much speed so far.

Last edited:

Domok

I see this complaint often but I disagree with it. I have loved Beedril since Pokemon Red. However, I could hardly even use it in the actual game much beyond level 30, let alone ever hope to get to use it competitively. I think Megas are a great chance to get pokemon we normally never see into battle and I was extremely disappointed that we didn't get more in Sun and Moon. I still love Lediba but its utter trash. If they gave it a Mega-Evolution then that would change.

Also, since everyone gets 1 Mega Evolution and 1 Z-Move, if you're really in a pinch you might be able to Z-Away the Mega and level the playing fields again. So, its really not that bad all things considered.

Oh I'm fine with Megas and their power in the games,it's just Ash getting that power I was talking about.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I really hope Lillie gets the Clefairy line like her mother . Then I hope there will be some kinda connection to her story from the games. Also, Alolan Vulpix would suit her so much. <3

Lillie getting Vulpix is my expectation, although I dunno if she'll catch any other pokemon. I think she might just keep Vulpix as a pet and honestly with the way SM seems structured, I don't think Ash's classmates will even need that many pokemon.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Oh... wait... but doesn't this mean that Mimikyu is Technically James's, since it was his Luxury Ball.

Good point: Jessie's always stealing from James smh. I'm still livid that Jessie got Mimikyu over something like that one sea urchin Pokemon instead, though.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Lol! Ash still hasn't captured Litten yet! The plot just keeps on dragging!

Barring Pikachu, the only truly fast one is AG. Talonflame becomes faster with Flame Charge spams. Noivern and Hawlucha are decent, and Goodra is immobile.

Oh come on.. That's like saying you have to be able to teleport to be considered "fast".. Talonflame was already fast and becomes even faster with Flame Charge spam. Noivern looked incredible nimble and fast while fighting Zapdos, I'm pretty sure it counts as a speedster. Looking at how agile Hawlucha was against Spritzee, Heliolisk and Abomasnow, there's also no denying that it is on the faster end of the spectrum. And yes, Goodra never took a single step outside of being pushed back once.

Pikachu: Fast.
A-Greninja: Extremely fast.
Talonflame: Fast, gets even faster with Flame Charge.
Hawlucha: Fast.
Goodra: Immobile.
Noivern: Fast.

Saying their Hawlucha and Noivern are "decent" is ridiculous. Stuff like Tauros, Bayleef, Oshawott&Pignite (w/o Aqua Jet and Flame Charge) and Krookodile are "decent" in the speed department. Not fast and not slow. Both Hawlucha and Noivern are very much faster then the ones I mentioned without a doubt.

TheHumanPokedex

The writers could easily make some of the slow pokemon fast and nimble. Lets not forget how Tierno's Blastoise was cartwheeling and back flipping across a whole battle field

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Wow, no Litten capture. Perhaps in another episode then?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Lol! Ash still hasn't captured Litten yet! The plot just keeps on dragging!

Oh come on.. That's like saying you have to be able to teleport to be considered "fast".. Talonflame was already fast and becomes even faster with Flame Charge spam. Noivern looked incredible nimble and fast while fighting Zapdos, I'm pretty sure it counts as a speedster. Looking at how agile Hawlucha was against Spritzee, Heliolisk and Abomasnow, there's also no denying that it is on the faster end of the spectrum. And yes, Goodra never took a single step outside of being pushed back once.

Pikachu: Fast.
A-Greninja: Extremely fast.
Talonflame: Fast, gets even faster with Flame Charge.
Hawlucha: Fast.
Goodra: Immobile.
Noivern: Fast.

Saying their Hawlucha and Noivern are "decent" is ridiculous. Stuff like Tauros, Bayleef, Oshawott&Pignite (w/o Aqua Jet and Flame Charge) and Krookodile are "decent" in the speed department. Not fast and not slow. Both Hawlucha and Noivern are very much faster then the ones I mentioned without a doubt.

Yes, I completely agree with you, Ash-Greninja was extremely fast, and Pikachu, Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern are also very fast.

Anyway, really disappointed to see Ash not capturing Litten in SM7. He most probably will catch it later, but the capture rate of Ash in SM is really worrying me. 1 capture in 7 episodes is quite pathetic to be honest.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Yes, I completely agree with you Ash-Greninja was extremely fast, and Pikachu, Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern are also very fast.

Anyway, really disappointed to see Ash not capturing Litten in SM4. He most probably will catch it later, but the capture rate of Ash in SM is really worrying me. 1 capture in 7 episodes is quite pathetic to be honest.

SM007.

I don't mind him waiting to capture Pokemon. He's got four islands to go through. Don't want to see him rush his captures on one island, particulary if he started off on the wrong foot with one of them.

esquilo09

Yes, I completely agree with you, Ash-Greninja was extremely fast, and Pikachu, Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern are also very fast.

Anyway, really disappointed to see Ash not capturing Litten in SM4. He most probably will catch it later, but the capture rate of Ash in SM is really worrying me. 1 capture in 7 episodes is quite pathetic to be honest.

I agree, that episode was a total waste of anticipation(No pun intended), I just hope that poster wasn't misleading us, like last time....

Status
Not open for further replies.