• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It'll be hilarious to see Vulpix evolve into Ninetails, especially if it evolves before the league.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Lillie getting the second Ice Stone means that Vulpix might evolve in the future. If they planned on never having Vulpix evolve then she would have never gotten it in the first place.

Kintaro

Banned
for the millionth time, happiny and combusken evolved with ONE episode left on their respective series

Neither of those were done with mascot pokemon. Brock's Happiny was whatever....and May's Combusken evolved late because Blaziken probably would have overpowered her in the Grand Festival.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Neither of those were done with mascot pokemon. Brock's Happiny was whatever....and May's Combusken evolved late because Blaziken probably would have overpowered her in the Grand Festival.
Vulpix isn't one.

ShadowForce720

It's arguably the most promoted SM pokemon besides Rowlett.

Except it's not really being treated like Piplup or Axew, in fact doesn't really get that much focus or even draw that much attention, nor does it really have that much of a personality. You keep trying to say that's it's a mascot pokemon but it's not, and from the things that have been seen of it there have been hints and other things that point to it eventually evolving.

Also to add on to what Riley said, some people said the exact same thing about Steenee and Popplio saying there mascot pokemon going to evolve and yet look what happened both of them fully evolve.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I hope Nagisa evolves soon too, mainly because I think its Eievui phase has gotten old now that the Kanto remakes are no longer the hot commodity, what with Shield and Sword getting more attention in the coming months.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I hope Nagisa evolves soon too, mainly because I think its Eievui phase has gotten old now that the Kanto remakes are no longer the hot commodity, what with Shield and Sword getting more attention in the coming months.
Well, in that case, what would it evolve into? It's either Vaporeon or a Gen 8 eeveelution (the latter of which might not even happen).

TheScentedApple

Is it too much of a stretch to say that the Ultra Guardians will be able to use their Ride Pokémon in the league? I know it’s cheap but it gives the classmates 3 Pokémon which is a lot better than one or two. Ash would either say nope or the Garchomp is Kukuis or something I’m not too sure

Red and Blue

Is it too much of a stretch to say that the Ultra Guardians will be able to use their Ride Pokémon in the league? I know it’s cheap but it gives the classmates 3 Pokémon which is a lot better than one or two. Ash would either say nope or the Garchomp is Kukuis or something I’m not too sure
Probably not. Those Pokemon dont belong to them.

dman_dustin

Probably not. Those Pokemon dont belong to them.

I don't know if that matters though. I'm pretty sure as long as the Pokemon agrees or maybe even the actual owner of the Pokemon agree, I don't think there's anything preventing them being used just because they aren't technically owned by the trainers.

I did mention the possibility of rent Pokemon just to make it for those who don't have a full team and only 1-2 but I did doubt it.

I personally don't think they'll use the ride Pokemon, but I won't be surprised if they do, if anyone reaches a certain level where they need more Pokemon, otherwise it might not reach that point where its necessary.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I don't know why they would when they gave Mallow and Lillie a second Pokemon right before it.
It's not like any of them apart from Kiawe will last long enough to use three, and it'd be quite a hollow victory. Getting so far because of a Pokemon they don't even own or trained! Ash would definitely say no, it's how his character would respond. He'd either grab somebody from Oak or use Poipole if he needed a sixth Pokemon

Noivern could be an exception, assuming Gladion actually owns the thing like Kiawe and Charizard

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I don't know why they would when they gave Mallow and Lillie a second Pokemon right before it.
It's not like any of them apart from Kiawe will last long enough to use three, and it'd be quite a hollow victory. Getting so far because of a Pokemon they don't even own or trained! Ash would definitely say no, it's how his character would respond. He'd either grab somebody from Oak or use Poipole if he needed a sixth Pokemon

Noivern could be an exception, assuming Gladion actually owns the thing like Kiawe and Charizard
TBH they could easily have a few more bonding episodes between Ash and Garchomp and there you go, Garchomp is in the league. I mean really it could be half an episode with how SM goes but maybe my expectations are just lower for this league. I'll admit I'd much rather have Poipole in the league though.

dman_dustin

TBH they could easily have a few more bonding episodes between Ash and Garchomp and there you go, Garchomp is in the league. I mean really it could be half an episode with how SM goes but maybe my expectations are just lower for this league. I'll admit I'd much rather have Poipole in the league though.

I'd honestly would rather Ash use his Gible, and maybe evolve it into Gabite if he has to use a Pokemon like this.

It's the very reason why I would think Ash is the least likely to use his ride Pokemon, not because he would refuse, but because I feel it would be redundant (from the writer's perspective), why use a Garchomp when we could just evolve his Gible, at least into Gabite.

Plot Twist: It's actually Ash's Garchomp this whole time, and we get flashbacks to it evolving into Gabite and then into Garchomp.

Zariful

I'd honestly would rather Ash use his Gible, and maybe evolve it into Gabite if he has to use a Pokemon like this.

It's the very reason why I would think Ash is the least likely to use his ride Pokemon, not because he would refuse, but because I feel it would be redundant (from the writer's perspective), why use a Garchomp when we could just evolve his Gible, at least into Gabite.

Plot Twist: It's actually Ash's Garchomp this whole time, and we get flashbacks to it evolving into Gabite and then into Garchomp.
His ride Garchomp could even potentially mentor Ash's Gible

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

Plot Twist #2: Garchomp and Ash make Ash-Garchomp and destroy the league

In all realness though, Poipole needs to come back ASAP and train with Ash before the league. We're getting to the point of all the last minute power ups which I really prefer to see happen gradually, and since Poipole's personality came off so young and amateur, I'd really prefer to see good strides made with it between at least 3 episodes before the league. 3 Episodes doesn't seem like much but I have no idea what the upcoming timeline is.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

Yeah. I find it more likely that Ash would bring back Poipole than him using ride Garchomp.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

If that happen, I'd forgive SM for all its faults lol

Plot Twist #2: Garchomp and Ash make Ash-Garchomp and destroy the league

Don't even joke with that. If that were ever to happen, Ash wouldn't destroy the league but conquer the world as well. The world just can't handle such epicness.

Status
Not open for further replies.