• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheScentedApple said:
Is it too much of a stretch to say that the Ultra Guardians will be able to use their Ride Pokémon in the league? I know it’s cheap but it gives the classmates 3 Pokémon which is a lot better than one or two. Ash would either say nope or the Garchomp is Kukuis or something I’m not too sure

What with everyone's teams being incomplete so far, I wouldn't mind the Ride Pokemon being used per se, although it might feel slightly cheap to see some of the weaker cast members do well solely based on their usage of Ride Pokemon. But since we have several Mythicals hanging around, the cheapness factor will already be present at this League, regardless.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I’m just ready for Meltan to evolve solely because it’s current size bothers me so much. I know it’s suppose to be strong, I think but it’s so weird how it’s smaller than Satoshi’s palm yet gonna tango in the Alola League. It’s not even a David and Goliath thing like with Pikachu/Mukuroh/Shaymin/Nagisa it’s just feels ridiculously puny and insignificant that I can’t imagine the writers not going through with Melmetal. That being said will that involve the Meltan all assimilating into Melmetal or just will Meltan evolve into one? Them assimilating into Melmetal gives an excuse for Meltan to leave after the league at least to be studied by the professor further.

ShadowForce720

I’m just ready for Meltan to evolve solely because it’s current size bothers me so much. I know it’s suppose to be strong, I think but it’s so weird how it’s smaller than Satoshi’s palm yet gonna tango in the Alola League. It’s not even a David and Goliath thing like with Pikachu/Mukuroh/Shaymin/Nagisa it’s just feels ridiculously puny and insignificant that I can’t imagine the writers not going through with Melmetal. That being said will that involve the Meltan all assimilating into Melmetal or just will Meltan evolve into one? Them assimilating into Melmetal gives an excuse for Meltan to leave after the league at least to be studied by the professor further.

If your talking about it being released so that Professor Oak can study it, then that would mean that it's not going to get release at all because, no matter how you try to argue it Professor Oak doesn't need Ash to release Meltan/Melmetal to study it as he can just study it when Ash leaves it with his other pokemon at his lab like he normally does when goes to a new region.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It's just a hunch but I have a strange feeling that we might see Poipole again for the Pokemon League, in the same way we saw Goodra at the last second. Probably won't happen but if it does, I wouldn't be surprised if someone just happen to conveniently discover a wormhole back to Poipole's world for "reasons" against all odds. Plus, it'd make sense to bring back lil cute Poipole if lil cute Meltan evolves into big badass Melmetal.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's just a hunch but I have a strange feeling that we might see Poipole again for the Pokemon League, in the same way we saw Goodra at the last second. Probably won't happen but if it does, I wouldn't be surprised if someone just happen to conveniently discover a wormhole back to Poipole's world for "reasons" against all odds. Plus, it'd make sense to bring back lil cute Poipole if lil cute Meltan evolves into big badass Melmetal.
This is what I believe is happening. It's certainly more likely than Ash using Garchomp.

Red and Blue

Plus they still need to showcase the Poisonium Z. If not James or Plumeria then Poipole is the only other canidate

shoz999

Plus they still need to showcase the Poisonium Z. If not James or Plumeria then Poipole is the only other canidate
Oh yeah... yup. I think that lowers Poipole's chances of appearing now that you brought that up. Plumeria's specialty is poison, so she's an obvious number 1 contender for Poisonium Z since she's actually appeared recently whereas Poipole hasn't.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If Poipole isn't coming back then what will Ash fill his 6th slot with? It's unlikely that he will catch any more Pokemon.

Master Pikachu 11

If Poipole isn't coming back then what will Ash fill his 6th slot with? It's unlikely that he will catch any more Pokemon.
Simple, he is not filling that spot or he will use one of his reserves. Poipole served its purpose and if it was going to be used in the league then the writers shouldn’t have released it to begin with.

ShadowForce720

Oh yeah... yup. I think that lowers Poipole's chances of appearing now that you brought that up. Plumeria's specialty is poison, so she's an obvious number 1 contender for Poisonium Z since she's actually appeared recently whereas Poipole hasn't.

Not necessarily, because remember a few people thought it was obvious that Guzma would be the one to use the Buginium-Z and yet Sophocles's got it instead, so while it's not guaranteed that Plumeria won't use it the Poisonium-Z, I wouldn't say that it necessarily lowers Poipol's chances of appearing, where just going to have to wait and see.

shoz999

Not necessarily, because remember a few people thought it was obvious that Guzma would be the one to use the Buginium-Z and yet Sophocles's got it instead, so while it's not guaranteed that Plumeria won't use it the Poisonium-Z, I wouldn't say that it necessarily lowers Poipol's chances of appearing, where just going to have to wait and see.
Fair point.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If your talking about it being released so that Professor Oak can study it, then that would mean that it's not going to get release at all because, no matter how you try to argue it Professor Oak doesn't need Ash to release Meltan/Melmetal to study it as he can just study it when Ash leaves it with his other pokemon at his lab like he normally does when goes to a new region.

Exactly!
I really hope they do that instead of come up with some stupid reason it needs to leave, like Poipole, Goodra and Greninja.....
Plus it ties into Meltan's discovery in the games, Oak wants to research them
I honestly don't understand why they find it so necessary to make him release ****, not like they let him use reserves at the Pokemon Leagues. And if we get another BF-like arc, Ash does have a reason to use powerful Pokemon. You didn't see Totodile(Nothing against him, just the best example from the time) fighting the Frontier Brains, Ash's strongest Pokemon fought for him!
And if what was stated today is to be believed.... we might actually get a BF arc or something in gen 8! I really hope that happens, we don't need a new gen every three years anyways. I'd love to see Ash fight powerful trainers again and actually get to show he's not the joke Red fans make him out to be.

I think Ash is far more likely honestly.
I'd have preferred James but as usual he seems to get the short stick of the two TRio trainers :/
If Poipole comes back, they better give a full focus episode to him. Show what moves he has, has his interact with Ash's squad, battle something(Something not called Team Rocket/Skull preferably), and maybe get the Poison crystal somehow(Maybe have Totem Salazzle appear?)..... he's technically owed a crystal from the Ghost trial so them just giving Ash a crystal isn't anything to be fussed about. Lana practically got Primarina's for free anyways

shoz999

Exactly!
I really hope they do that instead of come up with some stupid reason it needs to leave, like Poipole, Goodra and Greninja.....
Plus it ties into Meltan's discovery in the games, Oak wants to research them
I honestly don't understand why they find it so necessary to make him release ****, not like they let him use reserves at the Pokemon Leagues. And if we get another BF-like arc, Ash does have a reason to use powerful Pokemon. You didn't see Totodile(Nothing against him, just the best example from the time) fighting the Frontier Brains, Ash's strongest Pokemon fought for him!
And if what was stated today is to be believed.... we might actually get a BF arc or something in gen 8! I really hope that happens, we don't need a new gen every three years anyways. I'd love to see Ash fight powerful trainers again and actually get to show he's not the joke Red fans make him out to be.

I think Ash is far more likely honestly.
I'd have preferred James but as usual he seems to get the short stick of the two TRio trainers :/
If Poipole comes back, they better give a full focus episode to him. Show what moves he has, has his interact with Ash's squad, battle something(Something not called Team Rocket/Skull preferably), and maybe get the Poison crystal somehow(Maybe have Totem Salazzle appear?)..... he's technically owed a crystal from the Ghost trial so them just giving Ash a crystal isn't anything to be fussed about. Lana practically got Primarina's for free anyways
Don't a lot of people in the anime get evolutions for free? I mean look at Charizard, his whole theme was that he would never listen to Ash.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Well, look at it this way. One of the most memorable battles in league history was when Ash's runty Krabby lucked into beating an Exeggutor during its first-ever battle, immediately evolved into Kingler and very dominantly swept the rest of the enemy team. From that point on, it became Ash's strongest Water-type until Greninja came along.

We're all caught in the XY mentality that training begets strength, yet Nebby did nothing but cry and evolve a few times to become powerful. Poipole might be the same way - the only game prerequisite to evolving into Naganadel is knowing Dragon Pulse. It might never be strong as a Poipole, but it'll certainly be fearsome as a fully evolved Ultra Beast.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I doubt any member of Team Skull can use Z-Moves, inability to use them or pass the trials is why the group formed in the first place.
You're mostly right. Guzma never uses Z-Moves at all in the games while Plumeria only uses Z-Moves as a Title Defense challenger, and at that point Team Skull had disbanded.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
You're mostly right. Guzma never uses Z-Moves at all in the games while Plumeria only uses Z-Moves as a Title Defense challenger, and at that point Team Skull had disbanded.
Guzma uses a Darknium Z in the Battle Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.