• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

The problem is that Greninja doesn't quite fit SM's roster and tone. Ash doesn't have Waterium Z (though he could use Normalium Z) and, unless they regressed him to his Froakie personality or something, Greninja doesn't really fit the comical laid back tone of this series. We have a team of quirky pets and then this giant super serious and stoic humanoid frog.

Plus people really want his Alola lot to get more battle time, adding an earlier powerhouse just exacerbates that.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The problem is that Greninja doesn't quite fit SM's roster and tone. Ash doesn't have Waterium Z (though he could use Normalium Z) and, unless they regressed him to his Froakie personality or something, Greninja doesn't really fit the comical laid back tone of this series. We have a team of quirky pets and then this giant super serious and stoic humanoid frog.

Plus people really want his Alola lot to get more battle time, adding an earlier powerhouse just exacerbates that.
You're right. In this very light hearted comedic focused series Greninja would be very out of place. Greninja is more suitable for a more battle-oriented series.

p96822

Evolve me please
I disagree with that wouldn't fit the theme of Pokemon Sun and Moon. It really depends on how the writers do Greninja's interaction with the other Pokemon. Even though I find Lycanroc and Torracat are really bland and Rowlet and Meltan are the only one that has any character among them.

199.jpg

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Greninja's certainly better than bringing back one of the Kanto Pokemon, just because.
Besides it'll be nice to see some actual continuity with the previous saga, after BW it basically stopped apart from the specials. We most likely aren't going to see Serena or Clemont appear in SM, Greninja's the best candidate for the job.
And he should be at Oak's in the first place...... be nice for him to actually go there with Incineroar, Rowlet, and Lycanroc. And Melmetal but I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm expecting a release there.

And there's no take away from his team. None of them are Water types.
Now if Charizard and Bulbasaur appeared.... yeah, it would take away. Charizard and Bulbasaur easily outshine Incineroar and Rowlet.

Also, I heavily doubt he'd be sent out before the final rounds. Not like he'll be sent out against Sophocles lol

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
We're almost certainly going to see Clemont in Alola at some point, since he's Rotom's Dad. Whether or not it's a cameo or an appearance in an end-of-series special, I have no clue.

I'm curious if we'll ever see the Z-Rotom Power. Multiple Z-Move uses, while OP, would make for more entertaining battles as there's no longer an obligation to telegraph the Z-Move as the "finisher".
It's never been confirmed exactly who created the Rotom Dex. I highly doubt Clemont is showing up except in a post-saga special where he interacts with Soph.

dman_dustin

Either this week or next since 125 is the last listed episode

Assuming Torracat evolves, I think it would be obvious if the next episode involves training Incineroar (which would be a spoiler) that they probably want to wait as much as possible. Especially since VA list of the following episode (if not one after Kartana), could have Incineroar on it.

I know they don't care about spoilers, but I feel like they want to wait as much as possible before potentially revealing that "Oh yeah, Torracat does evolve in the episode after Kartana"

If that's what will happen.

As for what I expect the next episodes to be about. I'm really expecting some Lillie and Magearna stuff, that's the only thing that needs to be touched upon before the league begins, I'm expecting post movie July or August to be when the league begins, since I'm sure......oh wait, crap, since Pokemon is on Sunday's now, will there actually be a movie break during that time, or will they continue on with episodes or at least maybe provide a courtesy break. Or at the very least my point is (Post July 12th) is when I expect the league to start.

Red and Blue

Assuming Torracat evolves, I think it would be obvious if the next episode involves training Incineroar (which would be a spoiler) that they probably want to wait as much as possible. Especially since VA list of the following episode (if not one after Kartana), could have Incineroar on it.

I know they don't care about spoilers, but I feel like they want to wait as much as possible before potentially revealing that "Oh yeah, Torracat does evolve in the episode after Kartana"

As for what I expect the next episodes to be about. I'm really expecting some Lillie and Magearna stuff, that's the only thing that needs to be touched upon before the league begins, I'm expecting post movie July or August to be when the league begins, since I'm sure......oh wait, crap, since Pokemon is on Sunday's now, will there actually be a movie break during that time, or will they continue on with episodes or at least maybe provide a courtesy break. Or at the very least my point is (Post July 12th) is when I expect the league to start.
Even if Torracat does evolve they don't need to give it away in episode 126. Especially if Incineroar mastering it's Z move isn't the main focus

Zoruagible

Oh right, I forgot about the movie breaks... hope the League doesn't start until after that. It'll just make it worse if we get yet another interruption episode where no battles happen

Alternatively, the wait on titles could be because it says something like "Poipole returns". I don't see them caring much on evolution spoilers this saga

Leonhart

Imagineer
I have to wonder if Bevenom's theoretical return would even receive much fanfare. I remember Numelgon's comeback receiving little attention compared to the advent of the Kalos League itself, so I feel like history might repeat itself and Bevenom possibly returning won't be hyped up too much.

Zoruagible

I have to wonder if Bevenom's theoretical return would even receive much fanfare. I remember Numelgon's comeback receiving little attention compared to the advent of the Kalos League itself, so I feel like history might repeat itself and Bevenom possibly returning won't be hyped up too much.

Well Poipole practically has to have an episode revolved around his return, Ash can't exactly just ask the Ultra Recon Squad to bring him back seeing as they (unfortunately) don't exist

I'd hate if they just threw his return into the same episode that Mohn returns, and Magearna awakens too. Poipole's barely received any focus at all, he needs the time to show off any moves he may have learned while away. Wouldn't be great for him to just be fighting against Kiawe and Gladion without any issues seeing how he had no battle experience at all. If people don't count Team Rocket, Team Skull can't count. They're the same thing

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
btw, reminder that not only will the new ep titles be revealed any day now, but also that iwane will most likely animate either sm126 or sm127, as he tends to animate every 5-7 eps

Status
Not open for further replies.