• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'd rather it evolve just so it can have an actual moveset instead of the disgraceful moves it has right now... if it doesn't display Thundershock at minimum soon, I'd fine it awfully hard, even with this dumbed down League cast, for it to be competent in a League setting. 3 moves, that's Snivy level bad.

I'm cool with Meltan getting all the move updates, that's fine. Idk, I just don't get when Melmetal is supposed to even happen at this point.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm almost positive it's not gonna happen at all or if it does, it won't mean a thing... but yeah, Meltan is oddly a cool Pokemon

The only place I can think of would be in the Lillie and Gladion episode since they'll be in the base with the Meltan lol.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I wanted equal starter treatment, since Rowlet wasn't even allowed to evolve once, I'm far from disappointed that Torrecat isn't becoming Incineroar

Thunderbolt isn't happening... that's Pikachu's move, but Thundershock needs to happen otherwise Flash Cannon and Headbutt does not scream League worthy Pokemon... that's actually sadder then Oshawott still having Tackle in the Unova League
thundershock isn't really anything great either, at least F.Cannon is powerful and headbutt is pretty good, though not great. I'm pretty sure it'll evolve and get double iron bash, I mean, the meltan in the base are multiplying, so ash's will most likely be the head and merge

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Guys, maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the possibility of Rowlet to evolve is open already. At the beginning of the episode, Rowlet used Seed Bomb in practise. However, the attack failed, the Everstone he uses bounced back, hitting Rowlet, and we don't see Rowlet recovering the Everstone again.

If Rowlet has lost the stone, then it's possible again for him to evolve in the future.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
Guys, maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the possibility of Rowlet to evolve is open already. At the beginning of the episode, Rowlet used Seed Bomb in practise. However, the attack failed, the Everstone he uses bounced back, hitting Rowlet, and we don't see Rowlet recovering the Everstone again.

If Rowlet has lost the stone, then it's possible again for him to evolve in the future.

My own lack of belief that he'll evolve doesn't stem from the Everstone. That was a factor at one point, but I mainly don't think he'll evolve because he's so marketable in his base stage. That, and I don't like Fukuthrow's design much.

Red and Blue

My own lack of belief that he'll evolve doesn't stem from the Everstone. That was a factor at one point, but I mainly don't think he'll evolve because he's so marketable in his base stage. That, and I don't like Fukuthrow's design much.
Yeah Dartrix is very unappealing. Now that Decidueye is off the table Rowlet is better off as it is

ShadowForce720

Yeah Dartrix is very unappealing. Now that Decidueye is off the table Rowlet is better off as it is

The thing is though if the writers seriously went out of their way to have Ash's Rowlet lose the Everstone and not get it back and we have a case where Rowlet isn't going to have the Everstone with him now, then that seems like a weird thing to do for a pokemon that is supposedly not going to evolve. Because no matter how you try to argue it if Rowlet isn't going to evolve at all the then there is no need for him to get rid of the Everstone.

Because really the only thing that would require Rowlet to get rid of the Everstone first would be if they were planning on evolving Rowlet, because obviously the Everstone prevents evolution so it would need to be gone in order for Rowlet to evolve. Now I would imagine that if Rowlet did get the Everstone back that it will either be shown picking back up in the next episode or will have gotten it off screen and we will see it the next time it tries to use Seed Bomb.

I know some people think that Rowlet won't evolve because it's marketable but let's be honest if Rowlet did lose the Everstone for good what would be the point in doing that if it were just going to stay a Rowlet. Also sure some people here might find Dartrix unappealing but in terms of popularity the funny thing is Dartrix is a lot more popular then Torracat with Torracat being the least popular of the middle stage evolution of the Alolan Starters. So Dartrix might not be as unappealing as you think.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Honestly I don't think they gave Ash Firium Z just so he can use it once and then evolve and it be replaced.

I think Ash's team is fine for now tbh. All we need is Meltan to get the hang of battling with Ash and he should be ready.
How many times have Rowlet used Grassium Z?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
How many times have Rowlet used Grassium Z?

Doesn't matter because Rowlet isn't using any other Z moves. The whole point is that they are setting up his pokemon to each have one z move mostly for themselves.

Pikachu-Electrium Z/Special Move
Rowlet-Grassium Z
Lycanroc-Lycanium Z
Torracat-Firium Z
Meltan-Steelium Z

Yes, they've used others but these are most likely gonna be the main ones they stick to.

Decidueye23

Doesn't matter because Rowlet isn't using any other Z moves. The whole point is that they are setting up his pokemon to each have one z move mostly for themselves.

Pikachu-Electrium Z/Special Move
Rowlet-Grassium Z
Lycanroc-Lycanium Z
Torracat-Firium Z
Meltan-Steelium Z

Yes, they've used others but these are most likely gonna be the main ones they stick to.
this makes me wonder if each of them will get one battle to kinda shine in. Because only one z move per battle can be used.
So ash in the battle royale - meltan
ash vs hau rowlet
ash vs kiawe pikachu
ash vs gladion lycanroc
ash vs kukui torracat.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
this makes me wonder if each of them will get one battle to kinda shine in. Because only one z move per battle can be used.
ash vs hau rowlet
ash vs kiawe pikachu
ash vs gladion lycanroc
ash vs kukui torracat.

I would say that's a fair assumption. Although perhaps one of the more experienced can go first since there's gonna be more pokemon to battle apparently.

TheScentedApple

ash vs hau rowlet
ash vs kiawe pikachu
ash vs gladion lycanroc
ash vs kukui torracat.
I can see this happening, but only because Ash immediately picks Meltan for his first battle to show it off, and then he hears that you can only use one Pokemon he pulls some kind of SuMo face. However during the Battle Royal, when Meltan is backed into a corner, all the other Meltan come running towards it and it evolves in Melmetal and then Ash uses Corkscrew Crash with it

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheScentedApple said:
However during the Battle Royal, when Meltan is backed into a corner, all the other Meltan come running towards it and it evolves in Melmetal and then Ash uses Corkscrew Crash with it

Not that I'm against this happening or anything since I want Meltan to evolve as quickly as possible, but I wonder if that would be considered cheating or at the very least unfair to the other competitors if Meltan's evolution requires outside influence.

nickdt

Not that I'm against this happening or anything since I want Meltan to evolve as quickly as possible, but I wonder if that would be considered cheating or at the very least unfair to the other competitors if Meltan's evolution requires outside influence.

Yes and no. It would technically be the same as a trainer evolving a Stone/Item evolution during the league because he is losing, which can also be considered cheating, since its outside influence.

I still have some hope that Meltan will evolve but it sucks that Torracat didn't evolve this week and that Rowlet probably won't evolve in the near future either unless it coughing up the Everstone was a sign,

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I can see this happening, but only because Ash immediately picks Meltan for his first battle to show it off, and then he hears that you can only use one Pokemon he pulls some kind of SuMo face. However during the Battle Royal, when Meltan is backed into a corner, all the other Meltan come running towards it and it evolves in Melmetal and then Ash uses Corkscrew Crash with it

That is brilliant..... which means it won't happen :/
Otherwise Torracat would have evolved....

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I still have some hope that Meltan will evolve but it sucks that Torracat didn't evolve this week and that Rowlet probably won't evolve in the near future either unless it coughing up the Everstone was a sign,

I think that the Everstone thing was always meant to be a quirky gag and nothing serious, and that Mokuroh's odds of evolving were never really affected by him swallowing the stone. I stopped believing that he'd evolve only around a dozen episodes into SM after seeing how popular he was.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Considering Meltan is confirmed to be in the Galar dex (All of Let's Go connects to Sword and Shield), maybe it will travel Ash. If that were to happen, I hope it doesn't suffer the Aipom fate ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.