• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Considering Meltan is confirmed to be in the Galar dex (All of Let's Go connects to Sword and Shield), maybe it will travel Ash. If that were to happen, I hope it doesn't suffer the Aipom fate ^^;
I don't think that Meltan will have any significance in the games, so I don't think that Meltan is coming back in Galar. It would cause a massive problem if Ash got all 3 starters.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Considering Meltan is confirmed to be in the Galar dex (All of Let's Go connects to Sword and Shield), maybe it will travel Ash. If that were to happen, I hope it doesn't suffer the Aipom fate ^^;
That's not confirmed at all. Only the pokémon from Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee that are in the Galar dex can transfer over from Let's Go to Sword and Shield. Nowhere was it confirmed that everything from Kanto is in the Galar dex. Everything that isn't will simply be stuck in Let's Go Pikachu or Let's Go Eevee, and that might very well include Meltan.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wouldn't really see the benefit of Meltan following Satoshi to Galar other than the chance for it to get more development, although I think that once SM ends Meltan and its evolved form will be considered old news anyway, so their development probably wouldn't matter at that point.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
So, only one of Ash's Pokemon can evolve during the league either Torracat or Rowlet( Meltan needs more Meltan so he's out). Rowlet is not evolving into Decidueye, that's pretty much given. I think Torracact should evolve because, I'd rather have one final evo and first stage evo than two middle stages evo.

BTW; So there won't be full battles? Ash doesn't have full team and he probably won't use reserves.
So, Top 16 is 1 v 1?
Top 8 is 3 vs 3
Top 3 vs 3
and maybe finale is 5 vs 5? Lol

Leonhart

Imagineer
CMButch said:
So, only one of Ash's Pokemon can evolve during the league either Torracat or Rowlet( Meltan needs more Meltan so he's out).

Isn't it still plausible that the Meltan from the Ultra Guardian base might show up at the League and merge with Satoshi's Meltan to evolve it that way? Stranger things have happened. The fact that they've multiplied implies that we're going to be seeing them do something important soon from my perspective.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Isn't it still plausible that the Meltan from the Ultra Guardian base might show up at the League and merge with Satoshi's Meltan to evolve it that way? The fact that they've multiplied implies that we're going to be seeing them do something important soon from my perspective.
Although, that might end up getting Ash disqualified from the league for cheating.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Although, that might end up getting Ash disqualified from the league for cheating.

Alain flat out got away with actually cheating. X was supercharged with stolen energy

Meltan evolving is fair game, unlike that
It's common knowledge some Pokemon evolve by combining, cause Magnemite's pretty much everywhere

Red and Blue

Alain flat out got away with actually cheating. X was supercharged with stolen energy

It's common knowledge some Pokemon evolve by combining, cause Magnemite's pretty much everywhere
Not this again.

Now people are going to claim that whoever beats Ash in the Alolan League cheated as well

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Dude, that theory died back in 2016

Zariful

The lack of 6 v 6 could explain why they never bothered to give Gladion other Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zariful said:
The lack of 6 v 6 could explain why they never bothered to give Gladion other Pokemon.

I think the shortage of major battles in SM in general is the main reason why he only has three Pokemon. It would've been rather pointless if the writers had given him more Pokemon if he wasn't going to have that many chances in which to use them.

Ilikepiex7

I think the shortage of major battles in SM in general is the main reason why he only has three Pokemon. It would've been rather pointless if the writers had given him more Pokemon if he wasn't going to have that many chances in which to use them.

It was sad in Unova when Trip was the only rival to shown having a full team before the league and he ended up just losing a 1v1 against Pikachu. His frillish lampent and vanillite only appeared in 1 episode and were never seen again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ilikepiex7 said:
It was sad in Unova when Trip was the only rival to shown having a full team before the league and he ended up just losing a 1v1 against Pikachu. His frillish lampent and vanillite only appeared in 1 episode and were never seen again.

That was a disappointment, but in Gladio's case, I don't see him as being a particularly good rival anyway. He's been portrayed as stronger than Satoshi and I think his Pokemon are generally better battlers than any of Satoshi's SM Pokemon, but then again that's not exactly impressive given the SM saga's rather laid back approach to battles.

Zariful

I could honestly see a symbolic passing of the torch for Ash's Torrcat when/if it beats Masked Royal's Incineroar. Unless they troll us for a second series in a row and Torracat doesn't end up beating Incineroar. And the Masked Royal gives Ash the Incinium as a symbol of respect. I'm honestly kind of baffled they didn't want Ash to use either of the starters unique z moves. Also I will point out that Morrison's Beldum and Ash's Krabby have evolved during the league. So it's not unreasonable to possibly hope for a league evolution. The Meltan multiplying isn't a coincidence. If Meltan doesn't use thundershock, it could be that it'll learn its fourth move upon evolution. Ash's Corphish used Harden very well.

D

Deleted member 384931

Speaking about Z-Moves. Lol Ash and Pikachu's unique Z-Move is used so less that I think the writers firget about it. Will we get a proper explication?

Status
Not open for further replies.