1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Sushi, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I think the shortage of major battles in SM in general is the main reason why he only has three Pokemon. It would've been rather pointless if the writers had given him more Pokemon if he wasn't going to have that many chances in which to use them.

BTS_fan likes this.
  2. Ilikepiex7

Ilikepiex7 Well-Known Member

It was sad in Unova when Trip was the only rival to shown having a full team before the league and he ended up just losing a 1v1 against Pikachu. His frillish lampent and vanillite only appeared in 1 episode and were never seen again.

BTS_fan and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  3. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Nobody cared about Trip.

DuquÊ? and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

That was a disappointment, but in Gladio's case, I don't see him as being a particularly good rival anyway. He's been portrayed as stronger than Satoshi and I think his Pokemon are generally better battlers than any of Satoshi's SM Pokemon, but then again that's not exactly impressive given the SM saga's rather laid back approach to battles.

BTS_fan likes this.
  5. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

I don't see why people care. Tierno's Hitmontop/Politoed didn't get any appearance in the Kalos league either.

Decidueye23 likes this.
  6. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Even though Torracat is most likely not evolving, at least it can actually use a Z-Move now.

7. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

I could honestly see a symbolic passing of the torch for Ash's Torrcat when/if it beats Masked Royal's Incineroar. Unless they troll us for a second series in a row and Torracat doesn't end up beating Incineroar. And the Masked Royal gives Ash the Incinium as a symbol of respect. I'm honestly kind of baffled they didn't want Ash to use either of the starters unique z moves. Also I will point out that Morrison's Beldum and Ash's Krabby have evolved during the league. So it's not unreasonable to possibly hope for a league evolution. The Meltan multiplying isn't a coincidence. If Meltan doesn't use thundershock, it could be that it'll learn its fourth move upon evolution. Ash's Corphish used Harden very well.

Ignition likes this.
  8. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Blackpink

Ironically really late in the region just as Z-Moves are about to become obsolete. It's like adding insult to injury.

9. KenzeyEevee

KenzeyEevee The Realistic male Eevee

Speaking about Z-Moves. Lol Ash and Pikachu's unique Z-Move is used so less that I think the writers firget about it. Will we get a proper explication?

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  10. Hanto

Hanto Water Addiction

I did actually. He was quite a promising rival before meeting with Alder

11. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

He's still better than the original rivals created after him. He didn't become Ash's friend right out the gate like Sawyer and the Stu

Yep...... :(
    Meanwhile the starter that didn't deserve evolutions went all the way, while the two that deserved to fully evolve didn't. Really insulting.... Rowlet never stood a chance admitting but Torracat....

Decidueye23 likes this.
  12. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I'm still a little stunned at how Ashimari turned out. When SM began I wasn't expecting it to be anything more than this saga's Kibago or Pochama at most since it seemed like a mascot and Suiren didn't do much with it at first, but then it gradually began outshining most of the other Pokemon in the cast, and then of course it went and evolved twice. I'm not sure whether to be upset that Ashimari ended up progressing more than Mokuroh and Nyabby, or happy that it exceeded my expectations.

BTS_fan likes this.
  13. Decidueye23

Decidueye23 Well-Known Member

I agree with the meltan bit, but ash getting the incinium-z, when we know that neither z-crystals or torracat/Incineroar will be carried into galar seems pointless. I'd rather torracat doesnt get the z-crystal especially when he cant use it in a significant battle.

14. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

It's already been explained quite well to me to be honest. It's a bit subtle instead of explicit, but it is reasonably obvious. It's essentially just Ash-Greninja but in Z-Move form. What's there not to get? And I'm sure we'll get to see 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt again at the league.

15. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

So, um, yeah. There's 60 Meltan now.

https://i.imgur.com/ikMjNNJ.png

I'm absolutely sure the increase in the number of Meltan means ABSOLUTELY nothing. Right?

16. KenzeyEevee

God is so obvious lol

17. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

You need 400 Meltan candies to evolve to Melmetal right? They should multiply to that exact number before merging to evolve. Or 399 if you count Ash's

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  18. KenzeyEevee

Maybe different in the anime?

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  19. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Given how they are treating the series so far, I won't be surprised if they debut Melmetal with THOSE Meltan rather than involving Ash's Meltan.

Granted I do agree it would be WEIRD to have Ash with just Meltan, but I don't think it matters ultimately for them.

Ash gets Melmetal, fine, if not, oh well.

20. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I knew that they were bound to multiply again, but I wasn't sure if we'd see that again this soon. It's great that this seems like an actual plot point now in order to eventually evolve Meltan, although I wish that the number was larger than just sixty since Meltan might not evolve until there's four hundred as a reference to the games, and it'll probably take a while for that number to be reached.