• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Do you think there will be a crisis? I mean Melmetal is a special pokemon...

Are you suggesting that Melmetal might become violent like Zygarde and go on a rampage? It's not something that I'm expecting since nothing so far has suggested that Satoshi's Meltan will lose control of itself if it evolves, but I wouldn't be against some drama per se.

D

Deleted member 384931

Are you suggesting that Melmetal might become violent like Zygarde and go on a rampage? It's not something that I'm expecting since nothing so far has suggested that Satoshi's Meltan will lose control of itself if it evolves, but I wouldn't be against some drama per se.
Anything can happen lol its pokemon

This saga has had some of the most unexpected team changes for Ash that I've ever seen. I never imagined that he'd catch Poipole and then release it so soon, much less that he'd catch a Mythical like Meltan. I just wish that he had six Pokemon at this point. He could've gotten a Mudbray, Sandygast, Dewpider, Crabrawler or any other Pokemon that no one else in the cast has.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
This saga has had some of the most unexpected team changes for Ash that I've ever seen. I never imagined that he'd catch Poipole and then release it so soon, much less that he'd catch a Mythical like Meltan. I just wish that he had six Pokemon at this point. He could've gotten a Mudbray, Sandygast, Dewpider, Crabrawler or any other Pokemon that no one else in the cast has.

I was all in favor of Satoshi getting a Shizukumo during the first year of SM, then I thought that Suiren would get one, although of course that didn't happen either even though she was a better candidate for it. I would've settled for Dorobanko since a lot of people seemed to be in agreement that it was a cute Pokemon that could've suited Satoshi, but again the writers didn't go down that route and decided to just leave a blank space.

I was all in favor of Satoshi getting a Shizukumo during the first year of SM, then I thought that Suiren would get one, although of course that didn't happen either even though she was a better candidate for it. I would've settled for Dorobanko since a lot of people seemed to be in agreement that it was a cute Pokemon that could've suited Satoshi, but again the writers didn't go down that route and decided to just leave a blank space.

I just have to say this: You calling all the characters and Pokemon exclusively by their Japanese names gives me a major headache. Not everybody watches the subbed version; some of us actually wait for the English dub. This is an English forum; we all know the English names of the characters and Pokemon but not all of us know the Japanese. For example, I have no idea what Shizukumo and Dorobanko are.

I just have to say this: You calling all the characters and Pokemon exclusively by their Japanese names gives me a major headache. Not everybody watches the subbed version; some of us actually wait for the English dub. This is an English forum; we all know the English names of the characters and Pokemon but not all of us know the Japanese. For example, I have no idea what Shizukumo and Dorobanko are.
Right? It's impossible to have a discussion with these guys because of that. Maybe the forum should have a rule that makes it obligatory to use one language.

And since this is an English speaking forum...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Rainbowdashtheawesome said:

I'm not going to stop using the Japanese names unless there's a rule about not using them, which I already checked with a moderator a month ago just to be sure. As far as I know, my usage of the original names isn't even a problem in this subforum at least, and I'm not sure why I'm being singled out given that many other people use the Japanese names here as well: the SM episode threads in this section for example all use the Japanese names in their titles and summaries as well, yet no one complains about that. It takes about three seconds to Google the names anyway, something that I've experienced even on a smartphone whenever I have to look up the English names for certain Pokemon that I'm not familiar with.

But for future reference, Shizukumo is "Dewpider" and Dorobanko is "Mudbray".

I'm not going to stop using the Japanese names unless there's a rule about not using them, which I already checked with a moderator a month ago just to be sure. As far as I know, my usage of the original names isn't even a problem in this subforum at least, and I'm not sure why I'm being singled out given that many other people use the Japanese names here as well: the SM episode threads in this section for example all use the Japanese names in their titles and summaries as well, yet no one complains about that. It takes about three seconds to Google the names anyway, something that I've experienced even on a smartphone whenever I have to look up the English names for certain Pokemon that I'm not familiar with.

But for future reference, Shizukumo is "Dewpider" and Dorobanko is "Mudbray".
You're not being singled out, it's a general remark.

It should be a rule and this way you can't have a good discussion with people who only know the English names. I doubt the Japanese even use the latin alphabet anyway, like you're doing.

But you're right, Google is easy. I suggest you take your own advice.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's mainly because his SM team is such a mess that people don't know what to do with it. He got the typical two starters but everything else has been crazy, like it's just promotion stuff. Even Dusk Lyranroc was.

Rockruff was alright, Poipole and Meltan were just blatant promotion through and through!

I hope they don't do this again with his SWSH team, one member of his team is okay but I'd much rather his team consist of Pikachu, one or two starters, two/three wild cards(Depending on how many starters he got), and something else
The other characters should get stuff to promote the new games too, I was okay with Ash getting Poipole since the MC obtains Poipole in the games, but even though I like Meltan I still don't enjoy Ash getting two special Pokemon like that. Especially seeing how rushed Poipole's exit was and how small his involvement was, he didn't even come back... I'd do anything to have seen Poipole stay/evolve and see Meltan given to.... say Sophocles or Lillie instead?
And Nebby not getting caught while another legendary actually did, one who'll be taller I might add still urks me.

Though if the girl ever has a goal like Contests and Showcases again, I'm making an exception to that hope. I just find the use of legends in that case is blatantly unfair as judges and audience will be biased towards the rarer(And sometimes more beautiful) Pokemon. You can beat a legendary in combat if you're skilled/powerful enough, but it's going to be a lot harder to convince me somebody can possibly outdo one in a performance

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Rockruff was alright, Poipole and Meltan were just blatant promotion through and through!

While I've liked all of Satoshi's SM Pokemon to varying degrees, I do admit that the latter two were just used as marketing tools more than anything else. Meltan in particular is basically only on his team to promote the Kanto remakes and their connection to Pokemon GO, but I can tolerate it because Meltan's one of my favorite Pokemon at the moment.

Zariful

Honestly I think you have the right to refer to Pokemon by either name if those are the ones you learned or are used to. If you don't want to google the other language, then you don't have to discuss with that other person. But anyways if Gladion ends up using his father's Zoroark, I feel like he should get another. Also I don't think it's that outlandish to say Ash asked Lusamine to open the ultra wormhole to ask Poipole to fight with him one last time. Gladion and Ash also have the z crystals of Lunala and Solgaleo so that's also an option. But please Rowlet learn another move that's not tackle. You can stay unevolved if you want, but just don't use tackle.

JC317

I don't know if anyone's brought this up, but since Z-moves are gone from Sword and Shield (referring to both the games and probably the anime), if Ash performs Corkscrew Crash with Meltan at any point during the league, then he would be the only person in the world to do a Z-move with the Meltan evolutionary line.

Red and Blue

I don't know if anyone's brought this up, but since Z-moves are gone from Sword and Shield (referring to both the games and probably the anime), if Ash performs Corkscrew Crash with Meltan at any point during the league, then he would be the only person in the world to do a Z-move with the Meltan evolutionary line.
Yup. He is also the only trainer that we know of who owned a Dusk Lycanroc and Ultra Beast

JC317

Yup. He is also the only trainer that we know of who owned a Dusk Lycanroc and Ultra Beast

Well, what you're saying is also true, but when I said the world, I was referring to both his world and the real life world.

As in, if the Pokemon Adventures manga doesn't have someone do a Z-move with Meltan in the current arc, then Ash would probably be literally the only person across all official Pokemon media to perform a Z-move with Meltan.

Since Z-moves aren't in LGPE where Meltan and Melmetal first appeared, and the next mainline games which would probably feature Meltan and Melmetal (SwSh) doesn't include Z-moves either, that means players of the Pokemon games have not done so either. On the other hand, players across the world have definitely owned Dusk Lycanrocs and Ultra Beasts.

As such, Ash could be the first and only person to perform a Z-move with Meltan for quite some time, if he ever does do Corkscrew Crash with Meltan that is.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zariful said:
Also I don't think it's that outlandish to say Ash asked Lusamine to open the ultra wormhole to ask Poipole to fight with him one last time.

It's not outlandish to think that Satoshi might want to reunite with Bevenom, and it could easily happen if an Ultra Wormhole opens up. It's just that from my perspective, the Alola League doesn't seem like it's being set up to include a full six-on-six battle. It seems too laid-back and not quite as intense as past Leagues, so I question if Satoshi would even need a full team.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If Noivern is actually Gladion's, and he gets Zoroark then he and Ash can have a 5 on 5.

I just hope Ash doesn't lose to worst Professor...

Status
Not open for further replies.