• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 16 were:

1. Ash vs Faba- Ash won
2. Hau vs Oak- Hau won
3. Guzma vs Ilima- Guzma won
4. Lana vs Mallow- Lana won
5. Sophocles vs Mina- Probably Sophocles
6. Jessie vs James- probably James
7. Kiawe vs Acerola- Kiawe will win
8. Gladion vs Lillie- Gladion will win

Now winner of battles 1 and 2 are confirmed to battle each other in Top 8. If this is a pattern that winner of 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8 will battle each other, then top 8 will be as follows:

1. Ash vs Hau
2. Lana vs Guzma
3. Sophocles vs James
4. Kiawe vs Gladion

If the trend continues, semi finals can be:

1. Ash vs Guzma
2. James vs Gladion (james using bewear)

And Finals will be between Ash and Gladion. I know it may not happen, but I want at least the final battle to be 6vs6. Winner will then take on Kukui!!
But Hau was in the third match...

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The matches are randomized, like they usually are in the leagues. If it was bracket based then Ash would face Guzma in the second round, not Hau.

D

Deleted member 384931

We all can agree that people who participate in the Kalos League are strong trainers, right? Ilima participated in the Kalos League (which place we dont know) and found a Kanghaskanite (a Mega that isnt available in Kalos if I remember). His tactics arent that great in the battle with Guzma. I think it is a shame that he relays on pure luck

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
We all can agree that people who participate in the Kalos League are strong trainers, right? Ilima participated in the Kalos League (which place we dont know) and found a Kanghaskanite (a Mega that isnt available in Kalos if I remember). His tactics arent that great in the battle with Guzma. I think it is a shame that he relays on pure luck
Kangaskhan is a Mega introduced in Kalos/XY. He did have a strategy: Power Up Punch which gave his Pokèmon +2 Attack due to Mega Kangaskhan’s Parental Bond. It was actually the most common set people ran on it in real life. He wasn’t relying on luck

Red and Blue

Any ideas for other Bug types Guzma could own? I think Masquerian would be a good opponent for Sophocles or Mina and Volcarona for Kiawe

wellwellwells

What a dynamic duo, lurantis and Tsareena would've made. always thought mallow would atleast get a fomantis. i mean lush jungle was perfect, but no lets not give anything to the others till we reach a hundred episodes!.

Yeah, so many missed opportunities.

Ideally I’d have:

Lana (Water & Primarina)
  • Popplio > Brionne (would have evolved sooner) > Primarina
  • Dewpider > Araquanid
  • Nagisa > Vaporeon (show he was travelling to evolve, make it Vaporeon)
Lillie (Ice & Fairy Crystals)
  • Shiron (as it won’t evolve, have an episode in which they travel to the mountains and by chance meet her mother. After they bond, it considers staying, but when Lillie and the group get in trouble with a ____, it comes to Lillie’s aid with the Moonblast her mother taught her).
  • Alolan Sandshrew: Make the Sandslash already be there, but needs Lillie’s help because it is injured and the Sandshrews are too weak. One of them decides to join her to become stronger and one day lead the pack. Uses the stone instead of Shiron.
  • Clefable (make the Lusamine arc happen later, stays with her afterwards. Arc about how she does what she wants and Lillie needs to show her she has grown and to trust her judgment).
Mallow (Grass & Psychic crystals)
  • Bonsweet > Steenee > Tsareena
  • Fomantis (caught in Lush Jungle) > Lurantis
  • Oranguru (joins to work in her café)

Sophocles (Bug & Steel Crystals)
  • Togedemaru
  • Grubbing > Charjabug > Vikavolt
  • Alolan Graveller (caught in that Ultra Guardians mission)

Kiawe (Fire & Flying Crystals)
  • Tortunator
  • Alolan Marowak
  • Charizard

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Any ideas for other Bug types Guzma could own? I think Masquerian would be a good opponent for Sophocles or Mina and Volcarona for Kiawe
Well the latest PokèProblem showed Pinsir, Golisipod, Scizor, and Masquerain, all of which are Pokèmon he owns in game so he probably owns all of them. As for the last 2, Ariados and a wildcard like Heracross or Crustle

Red and Blue

Well the latest PokèProblem showed Pinsir, Golisipod, Scizor, and Masquerain, all of which are Pokèmon he owns in game so he probably owns all of them. As for the last 2, Ariados and a wildcard like Heracross or Crustle
Oh sweet. I think Pinsir would be a good counter to Charizard since it can learn a bunch of Rock moves.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I actually don't think we'll see Ariados. Scizor seemed to take his role as the Johto Pokemon...
I could see him with Pinsir, Masquerin, and Scolipede though, but even then I'm extremely doubtful he'll use more than 3 Pokemon. Most characters don't have more than two, even Kahunas!

Top 16 were:

1. Ash vs Faba- Ash won
2. Hau vs Oak- Hau won
3. Guzma vs Ilima- Guzma won
4. Lana vs Mallow- Lana won
5. Sophocles vs Mina- Probably Sophocles
6. Jessie vs James- probably James
7. Kiawe vs Acerola- Kiawe will win
8. Gladion vs Lillie- Gladion will win

Now winner of battles 1 and 2 are confirmed to battle each other in Top 8. If this is a pattern that winner of 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8 will battle each other, then top 8 will be as follows:

1. Ash vs Hau
2. Lana vs Guzma
3. Sophocles vs James
4. Kiawe vs Gladion

If the trend continues, semi finals can be:

1. Ash vs Guzma
2. James vs Gladion (james using bewear)

And Finals will be between Ash and Gladion. I know it may not happen, but I want at least the final battle to be 6vs6. Winner will then take on Kukui!!

Hm? If James used Bewear he'd win, not even a fair contest
I would love it if they let James legitimately eliminate Soph or Lana though, prove his superiority

Zariful

If James won and the following match was 2 v 2, he’d probably borrow Jessie’s Wobbufett. If Mimikyu actually listened to anybody, I’d be surprised. If there’s any progression to these battles and 2 v 2s are up next, everyone is set to go. Although if Sophocles lost, they could shoehorn in a way to do 3 v 3s in the top 8. Lana could briefly use Lapras. Although I doubt it(already pointed it out doesn’t need to be reiterated). I think the only way a six v six makes sense is in the finals. We know Gladion has at least 4. One way a six v six could go down is have Ash and Gladion in the finals with them using Solgaleo and Lunala. But Gladion and Ash also already have legends of their own. Mythicals are a subset of legends, so you know what I mean. Then there’s grab Poipole, which is not as hard as y’all are making it out to be and have Gladion/Guzma reveal the remainder of their party.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Kojirou would only have one Pokemon to use in the next round [assuming that he manages to defeat Musashi] irks me since it just further proves my previous points about him deserving a second Pokemon ages ago. I don't understand why the writers didn't just give him a Karikiri, which could've easily become the new Muskippa by being another overly affectionate Grass-type. I know that we have a lot of visual gags in this saga already, but another one wouldn't have hurt.

Decidueye23

The fact that Kojirou would only have one Pokemon to use in the next round [assuming that he manages to defeat Musashi] irks me since it just further proves my previous points about him deserving a second Pokemon ages ago. I don't understand why the writers didn't just give him a Karikiri, which could've easily become the new Muskippa by being another overly affectionate Grass-type. I know that we have a lot of visual gags in this saga already, but another one wouldn't have hurt.
i do agree that he should ve gotten a second one ages ago, or atleast mareanie should have evolved by now, but the attached grasstype gag is already fulfilled by mareanie. it would be redundant to include one with a same gag.

Zariful

It feels like the obvious answer here is that Jessie will win, but honestly since wobbufett can only do mirror coat and counter, I'd feel cheated. They could take liberties with Baneful Bunker if Mareanie/Hiode evolved.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm in camp James. Sure, Wobbuffet hasn't done anything worthwhile in ages, but Jessie has and James hasn't had anything. Mareanie evolves, puts Poison status on Wobbuffet and that's the deal. Jessie will be fuming, James will apologize, Toxapex gets annoyed by James' whining (she's actually jealous) until eventually Wobbuffet does faint.

Toxapex and Bewear vs. Zoroark and Psychic-Memory Silvally.

Red and Blue

I'm in camp James. Sure, Wobbuffet hasn't done anything worthwhile in ages, but Jessie has and James hasn't had anything. Mareanie evolves, puts Poison status on Wobbuffet and that's the deal. Jessie will be fuming, James will apologize, Toxapex gets annoyed by James' whining (she's actually jealous) until eventually Wobbuffet does faint.

Toxapex and Bewear vs. Zoroark and Psychic-Memory Silvally.
Be way funnier if James ropes Meowth in somehow as his second Pokemon.

Zariful

Don't really think Bewear should be in the league. She soloed the Pheromosa that gave the entire ultra guardians and team rocket a run for their money. Just have Meowth or have him borrow one of Jessie's Pokemon.

DatsRight

He could maybe use a reserve. It's unlikely but I wouldn't mind seeing Inkay again.

Meowth I guess could work but would likely only be a formality unless he learned a new move to use Darkium Z. Meowth was the non-battlers' favourite jobber, I doubt they'll let him perform better than they did.

p96822

Evolve me please
He could maybe use a reserve. It's unlikely but I wouldn't mind seeing Inkay again.

Meowth I guess could work but would likely only be a formality unless he learned a new move to use Darkium Z. Meowth was the non-battlers' favourite jobber, I doubt they'll let him perform better than they did.

Can you stop having fate for Meowth doing anything

Status
Not open for further replies.