• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I find Meowth far more useful as a talking Pokemon than a battling Pokemon
No one expects Meowth to win. If James picks him he will just get taken out early as a gag

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
No one expects Meowth to win. If James picks him he will just get taken out early as a gag
I don’t understand the expectations of Nyasu doing anything, it’s been established he’s more human-ish than a Pokemon. He gets some cool ninja moments here and there like evading Mukuroh’s and slashing the birb to hell and back but that was just to add tension while demonstrating Meltan’s strength, he and Nyabby had a stand off and he was fodderized easily in the “Scratch / Fury Swipes” fight. I just don’t think he should be held to the same standards as Hidoide or Mimikyu.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DatsRight said:
He could maybe use a reserve. It's unlikely but I wouldn't mind seeing Inkay again.

Meowth I guess could work but would likely only be a formality unless he learned a new move to use Darkium Z. Meowth was the non-battlers' favourite jobber, I doubt they'll let him perform better than they did.

Nyasu does tend to be rather weak despite how long he's been around, and the only reason why I'd want him to battle during the remainder of the Alola League is simply for the chance to see him showcase a new move like Night Slash, but that seems like something that'll never happen at this rate since he's a total pushover most of the time.

fukamaru

Top 16 were:

1. Ash vs Faba- Ash won
2. Hau vs Oak- Hau won
3. Guzma vs Ilima- Guzma won
4. Lana vs Mallow- Lana won
5. Sophocles vs Mina- Probably Sophocles
6. Jessie vs James- probably James
7. Kiawe vs Acerola- Kiawe will win
8. Gladion vs Lillie- Gladion will win

Now winner of battles 1 and 2 are confirmed to battle each other in Top 8. If this is a pattern that winner of 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8 will battle each other, then top 8 will be as follows:

1. Ash vs Hau
2. Lana vs Guzma
3. Sophocles vs James
4. Kiawe vs Gladion

If the trend continues, semi finals can be:

1. Ash vs Guzma
2. James vs Gladion (james using bewear)

And Finals will be between Ash and Gladion. I know it may not happen, but I want at least the final battle to be 6vs6. Winner will then take on Kukui!!
James at top 2 haha ha. Are u seriously? My prediction was not so good but yours is never happen. James going to top 2 at league after so many years being useless trainer. Lol

P.S sophocles at top 8, lol stupid. Its so weird when you think that mina and acerola are weaker than those two boys lol

And u guys must see some things about Guzma's role at the league. He can't lose to some boy cause of revenge battle thing with kukui. Open your eyes lol

ShadowForce720

James at top 2 haha ha. Are u seriously? My prediction was not so good but yours is never happen. James going to top 2 at league after so many years being useless trainer. Lol

P.S sophocles at top 8, lol stupid. Its so weird when you think that mina and acerola are weaker than those two boys lol

And u guys must see some things about Guzma's role at the league. He can't lose to some boy cause of revenge battle thing with kukui. Open your eyes lol

Not really, as it is quite possible that Sophocles and Kiawe could make it, look just because you like Mina or Acerola doesn't mean that they are that much stronger then Kiawe or Sophocles, heck we have barely seen anything from Acerola and Mina battle wise so I don't know where your getting this whole idea that there some how out of Kiawe and Sophocles's league.

Also as for Guzma may I remind you that if he wins the league that he will accomplish his goal which is to destroy by becoming it's champion and then as champion making sure that Kukui is never able to hold another league again. So yes it is possible that Guzma could lose to Ash, since Ash already has a reason to battle Kukui/Masked Royal, and also you have to think that if Guzma wins it means that the first Alolan Champion is someone who wants to destroy the league and is the leader of an evil team and an antagonist.

Also don't insult people just because they have a different opinion then you.

DatsRight

Nyasu does tend to be rather weak despite how long he's been around, and the only reason why I'd want him to battle during the remainder of the Alola League is simply for the chance to see him showcase a new move like Night Slash, but that seems like something that'll never happen at this rate since he's a total pushover most of the time.

I wouldn't mind Meowth finally learning a new move for another change in status quo and just so he could get to use a Z Move, but yeah, even with that I don't see him suddenly being a threat. If SM wanted to build up a level grind for Meowth at last they wasted that opportunity long ago.

Concerning Acerola and Mina they haven't really shown their battle skills yet, so it wouldn't contradict anything to have them competent in the league. Plus SM likes its underdogs, a chirpy ghost lover and a stoner girl? Perfect as easy to underestimate opponents.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Ash vs Guzma can go either way, they both have a score to settle with kukui

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Kind of wish Satoshi would have kept Ride Pelliper and Suiren, Lapalace over Gablias and Hakuryu. Those are two Pokemon that could have used the screentime and also functioned as permanent members of their parties but yeah Ultra Guardians...must have big threatening Pokemon for Ultra Beasts cases. I guess Royal Mask could maybe use Pelliper, it wouldn’t be too suspicious.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Something I've been thinking about is how the Aether Foundation, who is sponsoring this league, will handle an Ultra Beast appearance during the league itself. If a league match is already underway, does it get postponed? The easy way out is for the Ultra Wormhole to spawn before the battle actually begins. The Pokemon League isn't going to keep Ultra Wormholes away and since the Ultra Guardians are participating, they will be slower to mobilise against the threat.

This would be a grand way to reintroduce Poipole, but as a fully evolved Naganadel. The Ultra Guardians wouldn't recognise Poipole and he might be berserk from the ultra aura. Since Naganadel has not yet been dexed or named this would be a good time to grant him one. Naganadel would stay just for the league and be released into the Ultra Wilds afterward.

Now, I don't like this, but it would serve to parallel Goodra's return while also solving multiple problems:

-Naganadel's dex entry and being properly named in-universe
-Disclosure that Ultra Beasts can evolve
-Ash's incomplete Alola team

I hope there isn't an UB apocalypse immediately after the league, though. It would be very distasteful for this anime to simply copy Kalos formula without recognition of why Kalos was written toward the Team Flare finale.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Except James and Jessie aren't terrible trainers. They're actually quite good and talented, they just have utter terrible luck and suck at being bad in general. When they're not cheating, they do quite well.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

Can you read the post carefully? I have said James can reach semi finals, not top 2, there's a difference between that. I hope you understand that semi finals have 4 participants, and it's the finals that have 2 participants, and if James uses Bewear, he can very well reach there!!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
If Poipole comes back, I could see Plumeria giving Ash Poisonium Z as a sign of respect for giving Guzma a reality check/change of heart which is somewhat similar to how you obtain it in SM (she gives it to you after she gets a reality check after realizing you’re trying to save Guzma).

Master Pikachu 11

Something I've been thinking about is how the Aether Foundation, who is sponsoring this league, will handle an Ultra Beast appearance during the league itself. If a league match is already underway, does it get postponed? The easy way out is for the Ultra Wormhole to spawn before the battle actually begins. The Pokemon League isn't going to keep Ultra Wormholes away and since the Ultra Guardians are participating, they will be slower to mobilise against the threat.

This would be a grand way to reintroduce Poipole, but as a fully evolved Naganadel. The Ultra Guardians wouldn't recognise Poipole and he might be berserk from the ultra aura. Since Naganadel has not yet been dexed or named this would be a good time to grant him one. Naganadel would stay just for the league and be released into the Ultra Wilds afterward.

Now, I don't like this, but it would serve to parallel Goodra's return while also solving multiple problems:

-Naganadel's dex entry and being properly named in-universe
-Disclosure that Ultra Beasts can evolve
-Ash's incomplete Alola team

I hope there isn't an UB apocalypse immediately after the league, though. It would be very distasteful for this anime to simply copy Kalos formula without recognition of why Kalos was written toward the Team Flare finale.
At this point there is really no reason for Poipole to come back, they already went to its home and it decided to stay with its family. Naganadel is probably not going to get a dex entry because they didn’t give Guzzlord an entry either so it won’t be the only one that doesn’t get an entry. Plus Rotom already talked about Naganadel at the end of episode 89 during the poke problem. At this point I don’t think league will have a 6 on 6 battle as the most that it could have would either be 3 v 3 or 4 v 4. Plus it would be considered hand gifted to give him a fully evolved UB, when he as a trainer hasn’t done anything with Poipole when he owned it. I think you would more likely see Meltan evolve then Poipole return.

Red and Blue

As long as the Poisonium Z goes without a user Poipole's return is still on the table

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Like ME, the anime doesn’t have to show all the Z moves especially since Raichu’s Z move, Kommo-o z move have also not been shown along with ghostium, etc.

Species moves are one thing, I mean it was pretty much a given we wouldn't see Mew's
But all the types should be shown, it'd just be bizarre having literally everything but Poison showcased

ShadowForce720

Like ME, the anime doesn’t have to show all the Z moves especially since Raichu’s Z move, Kommo-o z move have also not been shown along with ghostium, etc.

Honestly while I can understand some of the Pokemon specific Z-crystals I do think the more general type Specific Z-moves will be shown off at some point or another, especially considering that we've already seen a vast majority of them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
fukamaru said:

In his defense, Kojirou has shown impressive skill during some occasions in the past when it comes to forming strategy. He's only shown as weak when it comes to battling Satoshi and his friends since he's a villain and needs to lose because of the plot, but I think that him possibly defeating Musashi isn't impossible. I don't think he'll make it to the finals though, but that's mostly because his only Pokemon is Hidoide and I can't imagine it being strong enough to make it past some of the other competitors' Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.