1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Sushi, Oct 29, 2016.

1. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

I wouldn't want James to get Galarian Weezing, but I think Ash will wind up catching a Galarian Pokemon or at least I think he should because it was baffling to me that he didn't catch an Alolan form Pokemon in Sun & Moon. I still think he deserved to get Alolan Sandslash...

Kawaii Emolga and maartjeverhoef like this.
  2. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

It was definitely high on my wish list for ash, alongside alolan marowak, which at least was caught by someone.

But most of all I wanted someone to get alolan meowth. It could of had some interesting with the team rocket meowth

MockingJ likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney Fan

I remember the theories about Satoshi possibly capturing Alolan Sand and evolving it into Alolan Sandpan during this saga, but I'm relieved that it didn't happen, because I've always considered the Sand line to be one of the most insipid Pokemon species even after they received a makeover in Gen VII.

MockingJ likes this.
  4. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

James getting Weezing would be a waste, poor guy only gets one capture a region.... I don't want it being a version of something he owns. Plus, Mareanie's treated like a Poison type so... if the TRio Pokemon stay then you can kiss her goodbye as I doubt they'd let him have two Poison types. He didn't have two Grass types for very long either. I'd take Mareanie over a Weezing clone any day.

If anything Butch and Cassidy should own Galar Weezing and Arbok, plus Alola/Galar Meowth. Seeing how Team Yell certainly won't be a threat, how about's bringing these two back and have them cause mischief? Also brings back a rivalry with the TRio that works, I don't care about that Matori 'rivalry' it's more Jessie's than James and Meowth. Butch/Cassidy was a rivalry that was shared among the group

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney Fan

If those two Rocket-dan members ever return after being gone since the DP saga, I wouldn't mind if they own the Galarian versions of Matadogas and Arbok. In a way it would be ironic to see them own the upgraded versions of Musashi and Kojirou's old ace Pokemon from OS, but it would be an intriguing contrast.

6. Zoruagible

Exactly, and you could even have the TRio hesitant to fight them as Weezing and Arbok remind them of their Weezing and Arbok.

MockingJ likes this.
  7. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Well we still kind of got that didn't we? Matori owns the Alolan Meowth that Jessie, James & Meowth met. She just didn't get a chance to really show it off 'cause she hardly ever appears.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney Fan

I think he meant a main character in SM, not just a recurring character like Matori. There was a time when I was actually worried that an Alolan Nyasu would join the Rocket-dan trio, but I'm glad that the Alolan Nyasu that they encountered before didn't stick around for long. I don't think we needed two Nyasu as major characters in the SM saga.

9. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Same here. We lose megas for this? Really?

Anyway, I highly doubt it will happen. I just hope the show does a better job at making it look cool unlike what they did with Z-moves.

Zoruagible and GarchompChain like this.
  10. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

I don't see the problem with it. We lost one gimmick and gained another one. Isn't that the norm whenever a new generation begins?

11. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

The problem is that the new gimmick is lame and senseless.

12. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

Actually, we lost more than one. We also lost Z-Moves, though they don't seem to be as highly regarded as Mega Evolutions were.

13. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney Fan

I don't mind the fact that Mega Evolution and Z-Moves are no longer going to be in the games since I didn't like either concepts much, especially not in the anime. I always disliked Z-Moves in particular since the poses just looked really silly, and my only regret in terms of Mega Evolution in the anime is that Satoshi never Mega Evolved any of his Pokemon even though he could've debuted Mega Lizardon Y before Trova did had the writers brought it back in XY. I wouldn't have minded if Satoshi had used Mega Evolution during SM either if he had used it with Heracross or Jukain when he visited Okido-hakase's lab before.

MockingJ likes this.
  14. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

I never understood why they never gave him a mega, and instead decided to pull ash greninja. Don't get me wrong I love ash's greninja but the whole point of the show is to promote the games and sell merchandise so giving ash a mega made senses from a game promotion standpoint. Even if they thought mega charizard was to Powerful they could of given him a mega for something else like glalie or heracross or even captured something new like beedrilll or mawlie.

That's why I'm not expecting to much from dynamaxing to be honest. Maybe 1 or 2 gym battles, maybe a couple of more times but that's probably it

Leonhart likes this.
  15. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Probably because the only Gen 6 Pokemon that had a mega form was Diancie. Ash always promotes current Pokemon and the mega forms went to older Pokemon

16. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Well I can't argue with that lol.

Since Ash has a Z-Ring I remember thinking that he could easily get a Mega Stone and use Mega Evolution in Sun & Moon with the right kind of Pokemon so it sucks that he never accomplished that. I guess Ash-Greninja in XYZ was the next best thing...

17. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if all the gym battles and good chunk of the battles in Sword and Shield have the trainers using Dynamax or Gigantamax poekmon, because you have to keep in mind one of the big difference when you compare Mega Evolution to Dynamax and Gigantamax and why the latter two will show up a lot more is because of the fact that unlike the case with Mega Evolution where only a few trainers had a Mega Evolution, from what we've seen of Dynamax and Gigantamax it seems like everyone that participates in the Gym Challenge gets band that allows them to Dynamax and Gigantamax their pokemon, and it looks like it's probably going to be a case of all the gym leaders, the current champion, and probably the Elite 4(if it exists) will all have the band.

So basically vast majority of the battles are going to have Dynamax pokemon, although when it comes to Gigantamax that is probably going to wind up being more rare to actually see.

Leonhart and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  18. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

I think that's pretty much the reason. I guess Yajima came to ask them if they were going to give megas for the Kalos starters in a future game, they said no but then they came up with Ash-Greninja and the whole synchro thing as a way to help them.

DuquÊ?, Leonhart and mehmeh1 like this.
  19. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney Fan

I do think that Satoshi-Gekkouga was meant to be a variation of Mega Evolution in the anime, although I didn't think it would stop Satoshi from using a Mega Pokemon in SM. I thought that since promoting Satoshi-Gekkouga was a thing of the past once SM began, that the writers would feel free to have Satoshi use a real Mega Evolution for once.

20. Zoruagible

You mean forcing it into literally battle Ash partakes in? Cause I'd definitely agree. Save the Gigantimax for the final Pokemon of the gym(And nothing else!), let his Pokemon show off their strengths without power boosts

I'd love it if they had the balls to make a rival who didn't use that stuff at all, refused to do so.... make him seem all the more powerful when he takes down a Gigantimaxed Pokemon with a regular old Pokemon