• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zariful

Pikachu lost volt tackle, Golisopod forgot first impression, Turtonator forgot shell trap. This is rather unfortunate

kickachu

Momentai!

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Not quite. If Torracat evolved, it wouldn't be so bad.
He still has Rowlet and Poipole

Ofcourse i would have liked torracat to evolve as well. I was saying his SM team is definitely better than BW and johto team. Is there any slight chance for torracat to evolve vs masked royal, a incineroar showdown would be much better.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
After last episode and today magazine scene kinda lead me believe the past rumor about ash winning and te interruption become true

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Turtonator's natural ability is Shell Armour.

I suppose they might likely still play on it's explosive spikes. They might simply have Kiawe yell 'turn around' rather than call the attack or something, though I'm not sure whether they'd consider that a 'cheat' or not. Then again Togedemaru rolls around without needing Rollout.
It's definitely iffy to get rid of that of all moves, but we're so far in now Turtonator probably wouldn't even have another big chance to use it anyway. Even if it has to come out to fight team rocket/skull or something I could see it just launching focus blast/a z move as its contribution.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Poipole was released. And Rowlet is pretty strong for a unevolved starter if you ask me.

Well it has to be. The only way they can justify ash having an unevolved pokemon after so long is to make it powerful.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Poipole was released. And Rowlet is pretty strong for a unevolved starter if you ask me.

Exactly my point on Poipole, Ash's team is still pretty freaking pathetic. Incineroar would have at least made it more bearable

Lightning Bolt

Well it has to be. The only way they can justify ash having an unevolved pokemon after so long is to make it powerful.
Tell that to Snivy and Oshawott.
Exactly my point on Poipole, Ash's team is still pretty freaking pathetic. Incineroar would have at least made it more bearable
I agree that Ash's team could've been so much better, but i'm not sure... I love Torracat design, so Incineroar is a big slap on my face. I can see it with Masked Royal since they fit each other pretty well. But for Ash... The fact that he's a Dark type doesn't help either. Ash didn't got the Dark Z-Crystal and we all know how the writers treat his dark Pokémon.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I'm curious how the Rowlet and Melmetal relationship will be like now. I guess instead of Rowlet picking Meltan up, it might be perched on one of its shoulders. It'd be a weird dynamic due to their size difference, but it'll be interesting to see.

DatsRight

They tend to be going for an underdog status for Ash this series, giving him quirky or unevolved Pokemon to make him easy to underestimate.

For Torracat, I can see them wanting to maintain this, keeping it unevolved to maintain its scrappy underdog status against Incineroar. The fact Kukui's is a recurring character and even got a couple episodes to itself also feels like the writers were trying to make up for it and still give the audience some Incineroar exposure of some kind.

Plus Torracat is among the few Pokemon with some noticeable potential strengths over its evolved brethren due to Incineroar's huge speed nerf. It might still evolve in the end, but I dunno. Torracat gets a lot of its personality from being an actual cat.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Tell that to Snivy and Oshawott.

Leavanny and palpitoad were a thing. They weren't exactly the strongest of ash's unova team but they were strong enough to make up for the unevolved starters.

But they didn't have reserves this gen so they had to make rowlett like they did

DatsRight

Lycanroc fits the role of the Alola 'ace' well enough. Plus the show has emphasised evolution isn't everything many times now. Tsareena went down in the second round and Primarina got thrashed by Golisopod while Torracat is actually putting up a solid fight against it.

Only Vikavolt fits as garnering full strength only after evolving and that's only really because Sophocles didn't really learn to battle with it as a Charjabug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.