• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

So if Hau didnt exist in the anime Ash could have had a fully evolved team again right after XY. Oh well maybe next time

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I liked how they hide the torracat's evolution, for many this was a shocker.

IcySealeo

Getting closer into the end, I am a bit disappointed that there are some Gen VII Pokemon that got barely no focus, or just showed up for one episode:
Araquanid
Bruxish
Crabominable
Dartrix
Dewpider
Dhelmise
Fomantis
Hakamo-o
Jangmo-o
Kommo-o
Lurantis
Minior
Palossand
Passimian
Pyukumuku
Toxapex (we haven't actually seen a regular one)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
This series could have been much better if torracat/litten was more involved rather than being underused, come to think of it some of the best episodes of SM were based on torracat.

Zariful

I liked how they hide the torracat's evolution, for many this was a shocker.
I’m genuinely surprised they didn’t spoil Torracat’s evolution like they did with Ash’s winning the league and Poipole coming back evolved. Also Ash got 3 evolutions in the span of like 7 episodes. At this point I wouldn’t even be surprised if Rowlet just spit out the ever Stone and evolved twice. This battle has been immensely unpredictable. Melmetal and Naganadel got victories that Noivern and Goodra couldn’t manage to get.

Master Pikachu 11

That was by far the most epic battle I have seen, what an absolute great performance Torracat and to evolve after that just made me even more excited. Can’t wait to see 10 million volt thunderbolt again next episode!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I’m genuinely surprised they didn’t spoil Torracat’s evolution like they did with Ash’s winning the league and Poipole coming back evolved. Also Ash got 3 evolutions in the span of like 7 episodes. At this point I wouldn’t even be surprised if Rowlet just spit out the ever Stone and evolved twice. This battle has been immensely unpredictable. Melmetal and Naganadel got victories that Noivern and Goodra couldn’t manage to get.

Rowlet's better off happening in a later saga. I mean, it'd be quite frustrating to see Ash finally obtain a Ghost type... and not get to see it in action until who knows when!

Master Pikachu 11

I think that Ash's Torracat evolving was a waste and should have been done earlier.
Torracat evolving was considered symbolic, it didn’t evolve because it wanted to show that it could beat its rival without needing the evolution boost, once Kukui’s Incineroar went down and he finally won, he evolved to finally bring his struggle and arc full circle. I’m sure we can see it battle again before the series ends but it was still a great battle. Plus Torracat evolving now gives Ash three fully evolved fire types instead of another Pignite, Quilava situation.

johno1995

It's a waste and never should of happened.

The only way it's not a waste is if it means ash actually gets his first dark type

Torracat’s evolution does feel late, but the more I’ve thought about it, it actually feels earned and makes sense from a character development standpoint. Its evolution was symbolic of Torracat taking the champion belt from Kukui’s fallen Incineroar & feels like a proper end to its character arc.

And whose to say we won’t see Ash’s Incineroar return for Alolan adventures in the new series?

Zariful

Torracat’s evolution does feel late, but the more I’ve thought about it, it actually feels earned and makes sense from a character development standpoint. Its evolution was symbolic of Torracat taking the champion belt from Kukui’s fallen Incineroar & feels like a proper end to its character arc.

And whose to say we won’t see Ash’s Incineroar return for Alolan adventures in the new series?
I could also see Ash's Rowlet evolving if that happens because it no longer needs to the focus of marketing.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Torracat evolving was considered symbolic, it didn’t evolve because it wanted to show that it could beat its rival without needing the evolution boost, once Kukui’s Incineroar went down and he finally won, he evolved to finally bring his struggle and arc full circle. I’m sure we can see it battle again before the series ends but it was still a great battle. Plus Torracat evolving now gives Ash three fully evolved fire types instead of another Pignite, Quilava situation.

Exactly! I never got people's logic.... he had just as many middle stage Fire types as he had fully evolved ones. Quilava, Pignite; Charizard, Infernape. What's the big deal? Aside from a hate boner for Fire types....
Torracat was the complete opposite of "REEEEE Fire types hog spotlight" too.

Torracat evolving made him feel complete, there was always something missing. His evolving saved him from ending up like Quilava or Pignite...

I want a Fire tournament! Maybe set on Cinnabar and hosted by Blaine? Kiawe enters due to his being in Kanto and is the main competition for Ash, giving us the Ash vs Kiawe battle we were cheated of.

Incineroar, Quilava, Pignite, and Torkoal all compete. Allowing for a full battle against Kiawe's Turtonator, Marowak, Charizard, and Kanto capture/Fluffy doggo Arcanine.

And Go can enter too, cause Scorbunny... but he'd lose lol

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
IMHO, screw Delia, she could move herself a little and get her own house pets, instead use her son's ones. I wanted torracat evolving exactly to frustrate her, but since she pretty much haven't no reaction...

She's trying to hold it together just so she won't interrupt Ash's fierce match. But I bet she is broken down inside and after the match will probably burst into tears thinking about what could have been....

I could also see Ash's Rowlet evolving if that happens because it no longer needs to the focus of marketing.

The series ending doesn't mean that Rowlett won't be able sell plushies anymore. Specially with the new series taking place in all regions and all starters being used in the first teaser.

Ash-Greninja4life

Well i as well as many others were right about Torracat’s evolution. Now with a fully evolved starter, a special lycanroc, an OP Pikachu, an Ultra Beast and a Mythical, this has to be ash’s best team. I do wonder if he’ll win the battle against Tapu Koko, but then again Pikachu has defeated a Latios before so who knows

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I can’t wait to see Lycanroc’s reaction to Litten/Torracat’s evolution finally being bigger than it

Revolver Furious Dragon

So think we're done with team changes now?

There's only a few episodes left so I can't really think of anything except maybe for Lillie. I can see her officially getting magerna before the start of galar. Whether in a sm episode or a special

ShadowForce720

So think we're done with team changes now?

There's only a few episodes left so I can't really think of anything except maybe for Lillie. I can see her officially getting magerna before the start of galar. Whether in a sm episode or a special

It would be easy to say yes, however I think it's important to point out that not to long ago some people were positive that Ash's Poipole evolving into Naganadel would be the last team change and that Ash's Torracat definitely wouldn't evolve, and yet flash-forward to now with episode 143 having just aired and it turning out that Ash's Poipole evolving into Naganadel isn't the last team change that Ash's Torracat did evolve into Incineroar.

So who really knows, it's possible that the only team changes that happen in the remaining episodes will be Lillie get a Magearna and her Alolan Vulpix evolving into Alolan Ninetales, but it is also possible that the writers could throw a curve ball and give us a team change we weren't expecting.

Revolver Furious Dragon

It would be easy to say yes, however I think it's important to point out that not to long ago some people were positive that Ash's Poipole evolving into Naganadel would be the last team change and that Ash's Torracat definitely wouldn't evolve, and yet flash-forward to now with episode 143 having just aired and it turning out that Ash's Poipole evolving into Naganadel isn't the last team change that Ash's Torracat did evolve into Incineroar.

So who really knows, it's possible that the only team changes that happen in the remaining episodes will be Lillie get a Magearna and her Alolan Vulpix evolving into Alolan Ninetales, but it is also possible that the writers could throw a curve ball and give us a team change we weren't expecting.

Your right. They could definitely throw a curve ball at us.

But I think Lillie is definitely most likely to get a team change.

Although if we're talking losing members then ash and gladion are likely candidates as well

Status
Not open for further replies.