• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Charizard's disobedience arc was done after its capture, Similarly, it could've been done in the case of Litten.
I'd rather they do something unique with Litten rather than just rehash Charizard's arc again so no thanks. Not to mention Charizard and Litten are two very different situations altogether.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yea but it's very rare that ash captures a pokemon that doesn't want to go with him.

It would be completely out of character for him to catch Litten the way things are now

Well, the writers could've done something different like Litten was grateful to Ash for his help and it wanted to come with him- but they didn't do it. Anyway, I guess I'll have to be patient for Litten's capture. I have a feeling that it can eventually become one of Ash's greatest Pokemon like Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and Greninja.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Charizard's disobedience arc was done after its capture, Similarly, it could've been done in the case of Litten.
Yeah but Ash already had Charizard way before when it was a Charmander, so they already had a relationship. Litten barely knows Ash atm. I kind of get what you're saying, but these are 2 different circumstances.

ShadowForce720

By that point, he'll have less of a chance of getting it - if he still doesn't by then.

Though, that reminds me. Have openings been wrong about captures before?

In regards to whether an opening has been wrong or misleading about captures before the answer is no, so far when it comes to team changes being revealed in the opening the opening doesn't tend to be misleading about it.

Red and Blue

Well, the writers could've done something different like Litten was grateful to Ash for his help and it wanted to come with him- but they didn't do it. Anyway, I guess I'll have to be patient for Litten's capture. I have a feeling that it can eventually become one of Ash's greatest Pokemon like Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and Greninja.

Even if Litten was grateful towards Ash, he just wasn't going to abandon Stoutland. Before Litten can join his team they have to resolve that particular situation

Dax

Legend
Who cares if he only has 2 pokemon by now? He doesn't need another capture when he hasn't even started his journey. The impatience is quite annoying, especially when Rowlet needs more attention and they're in the middle of introducing the classmates. Is it so hard to wait?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Even if Litten was grateful towards Ash, he just wasn't going to abandon Stoutland. Before Litten can join his team they have to resolve that particular situation

Yes, I wonder how the writers would resolve the Stoutland situation eventually.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Patience is a virtue they say...and the fact that we're only 8 episodes in lol. I noticed you conveniently left Oshawott off the list, such a shame.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
But still, the fact that Litten wasn't shown in the preview except for the clip from SM7 suggests that it's unlikely that Ash will catch Litten soon- sadly.

IMO, that's jumping to conclusions. As I said before, the preview didn't reveal too much aside from Ash earning Normalium-Z and Hala using Hariyama.

Why are you comparing Litten to Charizard? They are two completely different Pokémon with completely different circumstances. Charmander was abandoned by its original Trainer, for starters. Its disobedience as Charmeleon and Charizard stemmed from its lack of respect for Ash, not lack of trust. As far as we know, Litten hasn't been abandoned by anybody. It's a wild Pokémon who wanders Hau'oli City gathering food for the old Stoutland, who appears to be its mentor.

Litten is stated to be a Pokémon whose trust takes time to earn and who has trouble bonding even with its own Trainer. It's clear Litten doesn't quite trust Ash, even after Ash helped save it and Stoutland from Persian (implied by its wary reaction when Ash encountered it again in the marketplace). Gratitude does not automatically lead to trust. Ash is going to have to earn Litten's trust, and he may have to earn that trust before he catches it.

Also, it's quite clear Litten is going nowhere as long as it still has to take care of the old Stoutland (and protect it from Persian). Stoutland is either going to have to die or be taken in by humans before Litten is willing to go anywhere.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Why is it a really poor capture rate. Its a nice change. Not every time Ash needs to catch two Pokemon back-to-back in episodes.

It's a **** change.
He shouldn't have just TWO Pokemon for that long

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It's a **** change.

Yes, I completely agree with you on this.

Anyway, I hope that Rowlet does well in battling Totem Gumshoos and the Yungoos. I have a feeling that Pikachu will most probably carry the bulk of the load, but let's hope Rowlet also plays its part.

ShadowForce720

It's a **** change.

Yes, I completely agree with you on this.

Anyway, I hope that Rowlet does well in battling Totem Gumshoos and the Yungoos. I have a feeling that Pikachu will most probably carry the bulk of the load, but let's hope Rowlet also plays its part.

May I remind you two that we still don't know what's happening in episodes 10-20, would you two stop jumping to conclusions as for all we know he could easily catch something from anywhere from episode 10-20 which would throw your whole argument that it's going to be a while before he gets another capture out the window. I mean geez your making it sound like it's going to take 30+ episodes for Ash to get a 2nd capture when he could easily get a capture in anywhere from episodes 10-20.

Which would still be on a good pace and wouldn't even be that long as it would be only 6-16 episodes. So chances are I do think he is probably going to get a 2nd capture in anywhere from episodes 10-20

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
May I remind you two that we still don't know what's happening in episodes 10-20, would you two stop jumping to conclusions as for all we know he could easily catch something from anywhere from episode 10-20 which would throw your whole argument that it's going to be a while before he gets another capture out the window. I mean geez your making it sound like it's going to take 30+ episodes for Ash to get a 2nd capture when he could easily get a capture in anywhere from episodes 10-20.

Which would still be on a good pace and wouldn't even be that long as it would be only 6-16 episodes. So chances are I do think he is probably going to get a 2nd capture in anywhere from episodes 10-20

It will be nice if he gets a capture soon, I hope so, but it looks a bit unlikely.

Anyway, I think it's high time that Rowlet improves its battling before it gets the Z-move. I hope Rowlet gets a win against Hala, though it is likely that Pikachu will probably get two wins against Hala if Ash is to win.

ShadowForce720

It will be nice if he gets a capture soon, I hope so, but it looks a bit unlikely.

Anyway, I think it's high time that Rowlet improves its battling before it gets the Z-move. I hope Rowlet gets a win against Hala, though it seems that Pikachu will probably get two wins against Hala if Ash is to win.

Looks unlikely? We haven't gotten even gotten that much information on episodes 10 onward so how is it unlikely? because of it not being shown in the future episodes preview, may I remind you that the future episodes preview didn't show everything that is going to be happening in the near future and it showed a lot of scenes from episodes that have already aired and on top of that were getting another preview of future episodes this Tuesday so I think it's a bit too early to say that it's unlikely that Ash will get his 2nd capture soon when we really don't even have that much information on episodes 10 and onward.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Because why make an original plot when we can simply recycle a plot, right?

Janovy

Banned
Because why make an original plot when we can simply recycle a plot, right?
There's no such thing as an original plot. Every plot nowadays is somehow similar to another existing plot.

You can try to introduce differences or go for a concept not used often, but asking for an original plot is unrealistic, especially when it comes to this anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.