• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

What I want to know is if it will stay a Vulpix or will Lillie evolve it to a Ninetales?

nickdt

The fact that the egg is from Mt. Lanakila basically confirms that it's Alolan Vulpix.

Actually it does not, since it can be Alolan Sandshrew hehehe. Something else does confirm it is Alolan Vulpix: It was seen next to Lillie in the poster, while Alolan Sandshrew was not.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yeah, Alolan Vulpix is basically confirmed without the actual hatching scene shown yet. But the dots are all connected. Maybe the Vulpix won't stick completely in the background with Lillie like it's shown in the latest poster. I'm sure it'll protect Queen Lillie when push comes to shove. It's probably the only Pokémon she'll be comfortable around until her big role expands. I'll be more scared when the episode comes of Vulpix's mother coming back for revenge since Principal Samson stole her egg...

J D Sheppard

I really hate when yall discuss things that are extremely obvious.

Alolan Vulpix is happening. We've know for months.

Theres still a lot to be discussed about it though. Will she officially catch it? Or will it just follow her? Will it battle? Either under lillies command or maybe just to protect her

Ominous Wind

If Lillie is afraid of Pokemon, what makes you think she will battle? I say she needs to bond with Vulpix first and learn how to not be afraid of it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So Rowlet will get a Z-move even before Litten is captured. A little unfair for Litten in my opinion, but that will also mean that Rowlet will improve his battling- which is really nice.

Last edited:

J D Sheppard

So Rowlet will get a Z-move even before Litten is captured. A little unfair for Litten in my opinion, but that wilso mean that Rowlet will improve his battling- which is really nice.

How the heck is that unfair? There will be plenty of time for Ashs potential Litten to get focus.

Besides if Litten become his ace like people are predicting then it's good for rowlett to get stuff now, before it gets shafted

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
How the heck is that unfair? There will be plenty of time for Ashs potential Litten to get focus.

Besides if Litten become his ace like people are predicting then it's good for rowlett to get stuff now, before it gets shafted

Well I also told that Rowlet improving its battling is nice. The reason I told that's a bit unfair is because when Litten will eventually join Ash's team(most probably), then it will be a lot behind the other two members of Ash's team.

J D Sheppard

Well I also told that Rowlet improving its battling is nice. The reason I told that's a bit unfair is because when Litten will eventually join Ash's team(most probably), then it will be a lot behind the other two members of Ash's team.

How do you figure that? Ash has normalim z by that point so as long as Litten has a normal move (which is likely for its starting moveset) then it's got a z move

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I doubt that. That Litten looks like it knows Scratch, so it can use Breakneck Blitz too. Plus, it has that Stoutland as sort of a mentor figure for it. Unlike Rowlet, Litten actually has some battle experience, just not under Ash. I don't think it will be that far behind when it's captured.

Don't forget: we don't know whether or not that Z-Move Rowlet is using in the preview is Bloom Doom. I highly doubt it is personally.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
How do you figure that? Ash has normalim z by that point so as long as Litten has a normal move (which is likely for its starting moveset) then it's got a z move
Well, ok then, I have no problem if Litten also instantly gets a Z-move.
I doubt that. That Litten looks like it knows Scratch, so it can use Breakneck Blitz too. Plus, it has that Stoutland as sort of a mentor figure for it. Unlike Rowlet, Litten actually has some battle experience, just not under Ash. I don't think it will be that far behind when it's captured.

Don't forget: we don't know whether or not that Z-Move Rowlet is using in the preview is Bloom Doom. I highly doubt it is personally.

I don't think Rowlet is using Bloom Doom. How will Ash get Grassium-Z so soon?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
My apologies. The way you said "Rowlet is getting its own Z-Move" made me think you were assuming it was Bloom Doom. Since it's the only one on Ash's team that could use Bloom Doom.

I think it's probably Breakneck Blitz myself.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So is it known that Ash will catch Litten, or is it just heavily implied/speculated?

It's heavily implied apparently as Ash bonded with the Litten in SM7. It seems that the writers are setting up an character development arc for Litten before Ash captures it(most probably).

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The episode "Camping It Up" of Sinnoh clearly proved that Ash can perfectly have a Raichu alongside his eternal Pikachu. So, as much as you want to deny it, I believe Ash capturing an Alolan Raichu is not an impossibility.

Besides, by the look of it, I would say Alolan Raichu is way more fitten to Ash's style than Regular Raichu. Just compare how Raichus has been usually saw in the anime until now:
+ Regular Raichu tend to turn aggresive and violent, as Ash's Pikachu has faced several Raichus that act as bullies (not just Lt Surge's one). Alolan Raichu, however, seems to be way more friendly than regular Raichu.
+ After evolving, Raichu sacrifies part of his speed for strength, as it seems his superior muscle mass makes him not so fast as a Pikachu. (I guess it could be like a cheetah vs a lion). Alolan Raichu, however, seems to keep both speed and strength thank to his new ability. His speed even increases more with Electric Terrain.

There's no point of him having Raichu and Pikachu.Also, that Raichu was temporary Pokemon, he didn't catch it just used it in school. I am pretty sure Ash's won't be catching any Raichus, since he has PIkachu

So is it known that Ash will catch Litten, or is it just heavily implied/speculated?
Heavily implied. I think he will catch him pretty soon.I hope he catches one more( after Litten) before he leaves Melemele.

Ominous Wind

If Ash were to capture a water-type, either Wishiwashi or Dewpider would be my picks for him. Maybe if the writers want to do something bold they'll give him Wimpod or Pyukumuku.

J D Sheppard

If Ash were to capture a water-type, either Wishiwashi or Dewpider would be my picks for him. Maybe if the writers want to do something bold they'll give him Wimpod or Pyukumuku.

He's not gonna get wishiwashi. The things to limited to be part of the main cast. Just like mistys goldeen

Status
Not open for further replies.