• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Which is impossible, since Greninja is released.

So was Goodra yet it still came back for the Kalos league. It doesn't have to be permanent, it can return to Kalos after Aether and possibly the league

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
For Water types I think Golisopod is another possibility.

I thank determining what a potential "Ash" Pokemon is a combination of marketability, mobility (meaning how a Pokemon moves around, NOT speed), and movepool. Of course, there have been exceptions (Muk being notable, but that may be a case of Early Installment Weirdness, so don't even consider it), but that's pretty much been the case consistently. And Golisopod is pretty much the only Gen 7 Water type that fulfills all 3 of these requirements. It's popular, it's easily capable of moving around outside water, and it has a large movepool.

Popplio is probably the next best option after Golisopod however since it fulfills 2 of the 3 requirements. The only issue with Primarina is that it just doesn't look like something that can move around outside of water very well.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Greninja can stay in Kalos. He is not needed.

Well... Writers can bring Greninja back if they want to. It is so popular.
In Best Wishes, they brought Charizard back because of it's popularity.

Zygarde might come back, because we haven't seen Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves in the anime. Greninja is with Zygarde.

Last edited:

Everything12

Well... Writers can bring Greninja back if they want to. It is so popular.
In Best Wishes, they brought Charizard back because of it's popularity.

Zygarde might come back, because we haven't seen Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves in the anime. Greninja is with Zygarde.

Greninja is with the Red and Blue Cores yes and from what we have seen in the games Zygarde might appear, but I think it would be the Orange, White, or Cyan Cores will be the ones to appear because like the moves you mentioned they haven't been seen yet, and Greninja isn't with them so he wouldn't appear.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Greninja can certainly return to the cast due to it's popularity, however it should take the back seat and let the Alolan captures take priority in the spotlight. It can star in maybe one battle, but other than that don't give it any special treatment.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What if Lillie catches Poppolio? Primarina would really fit her along with Alolan Vulpix

She better when Lana's no longer around. I don't want Ash stuck with the girly evolutions. He needs Goliosod or Toxapex

Soniman

Break the Limit
I just want to see how Ash Greninja's whole Synchro shtick would be translated in the new animation style, it'd be funny to see SM try and make those intense faces

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Greninja is with the Red and Blue Cores yes and from what we have seen in the games Zygarde might appear, but I think it would be the Orange, White, or Cyan Cores will be the ones to appear because like the moves you mentioned they haven't been seen yet, and Greninja isn't with them so he wouldn't appear.

What if Red and Blue Cores will appear to visit/help other cores?

In the game, Dexio and Sina said that Zygarde came from Kalos to Alola, for reason. They don't know why it came.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Honestly, I hope Primarina debuts under the control of a future rival. At least then, we know it wouldbe a competent battler and maybe we'll get to see Oceanic Spirit Bomb Operetta. Which I agree needs to be in the anime at some point.

Seriously, all you Decidueye and Incineroar fans are afraid your favorite starter get shafted in favor of the other. My favorite SM starter is Primarina and she may very well get the Chesnaught treatment for all we know. At least Decidueye and Incineroar are practically guaranteed screentime. Primarina is not.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I don't understand all this speculation on the Popplio line being owned by other characters when we already have someone with owning one and can also easily evolve under there care too.

johno1995

Seriously, all you Decidueye and Incineroar fans are afraid your favorite starter get shafted in favor of the other. My favorite SM starter is Primarina and she may very well get the Chesnaught treatment for all we know. At least Decidueye and Incineroar are practically guaranteed screentime. Primarina is not.

Seriously. My favorite starter 2 gens in a row gets shafted (potentially, in Popplio's case--but being a sidekick's Pokemon does not usually fare well for the starters... looking at Mudkip and Chespin) in the anime. Figures lol. Poor Chesnaught. Let's hope Primarina gets better treatment!

I'd love to see a rival showcase a powerful one. I think it'd be hilarious to have a powerful male Primarina who likes to hit on female Pokemon and frequently gets mistaken for a female himself for his appearance. Just a cute little sight gag but still retaining his powerful battling skills. Just a way to poke fun at the design and what people always perceive to being "extremely feminine".

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'd especially like it if Ash met a female rival with a Primarina since it would be his first female rival aside from Bianca (who wasn't even the main rival of BW anyway). Even better if something similar to that gag happens.

Ash-Greninja4life

Strictly speaking if you look at the first episode of SM when it does the flashback, Ash gives professer oak 5 poke balls I believe, Noivern, Hawlucha, Talonflame and the two 'released' Pokemon. Ash still has Goodra and Greninja's poke balls. I doubt the writers would permenantly remove Greninja based on the bond it had with Ash. It's like Charizard, Squirtle etc. Not at Oaks but still his Pokemon

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I only want a rival getting Primarina if it's a girl. I don't want Gladion or Hau owning that thing. Sivally is Gladion's main, and Hau should have Decidueye at the end.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I only want a rival getting Primarina if it's a girl. I don't want Gladion or Hau owning that thing. Sivally is Gladion's main, and Hau should have Decidueye at the end.

Wouldn't Alolan Raichu end up being Hau's main instead of Decidueye.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think he's assuming it'll be like the games, and Incineroar will be Ash's ace. Ash technically isn't picking a starter in Alola, but having Incineroar be Ash's ace is the closest equivalent of that. Since Hau picks the starter weak to your starter, that means he would have Decidueye.

If that's what he's assuming, then wouldn't the one with Primarina be...

Kukui?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

I actually would really like to see a recurring rival whose main is Alolan Raichu. It would mean that Ash's rival has a Pokémon who can serve as Pikachu's rival. Alolan Raichu is featured in the opening credits, so perhaps it's associated with an important character?

If that's what he's assuming, then wouldn't the one with Primarina be...

Kukui?

Now that would be awesome! That macho character commanding a feminine sea lion mermaid to rain death by opera bubbles on their opponents. :p Writers, make this happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.