• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

If I recall wasn't Incineroar shown with Ash and Mallow in the infamous Chinese Leaks?
I think they're setting him up to be the ace tbh.

nickdt

If I recall wasn't Incineroar shown with Ash and Mallow in the infamous Chinese Leaks?

Yes... but so was Popplio (But no Lana). Thus... if Ash doesn't get Popplio... the leaks say nothing.

desdar300

I mean it was probably a rough draft of whatever scene that was ( ergo the confidential signs ).
Lana could get added in the official airing of that episode or maybe she just won't be in that shot.

nickdt

I mean it was probably a rough draft of whatever scene that was ( ergo the confidential signs ).
Lana could get added in the official airing of that episode or maybe she just won't be in that shot.

Yes... thus it can be a rough draft. Or its changed after that... meaning Ash will not get Popplio and Incineroar (Since Torracat seems to be more popular than it.. since people are tired off seeing a bipedal fully evolved Fire Starter once again).

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I mean May evolved her Blaziken and she's just as much a poke girl as Lana is. None of the girls thus far in SM have taken all the spotlight away anyway.
May evolved her Blaziken??! :eek:

Yeah but I thought it's been confirmed it was a game art sketch. Even when they put this scene into an episode, I'm pretty sure it'll be a wild one. It also doesn't explain why Popplio is there.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Chinese leaks are for the games, not the anime. I wouldn't consider them proof of anything.

I think they're setting up Incineroar to be the ace because they're already setting up this storyline between it and Ash, and typically Ash's aces do something like that.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Brionne isnt so big that it couldnt flap alongside Lana without it looking weird.

I dont know about Primarina, but they could always have it evolve offscreen while Ash is travelling the other islands.

I'd actually really like if they made it that Ash left the island for a bit for whatever reason, and then in the middle of that arc, they could have a non-Ash episode (everyone seems to want those eventually, just not too soon) of the other students training and evolving/catching pokemon.

PAndrews

Not this again. It wasn't a draft for a scene in the slightest

It was a sketch sheet containing multiple expressions, poses and so on, nothing more. It contained a joke sketch of Icineroar being used to boil water which people are taking waaaaay out of proportion (while ignoring the fact that the wrong trainer Pokemon combo is present), not to mention it literally has Incineroar crushing Pikachu in the sketch next to it (making it even clearer its just someone doodling and having fun).

An anime related sketch or idea pitch for a scene would be part of a storyboard or a standalone draft, not a doodle inbetween expression sketches and next to an obvious messing around drawing.

Janovy

Banned
Not this again. It wasn't a draft for a scene in the slightest.
But you don't know that. Nobody knows that for sure.

Stop acting like you have all the answers.

ShadowForce720

true, however it's important to note how early the Chinese leaks that showed that came out, and given that the starters are most likely not going to be fully evolved until sometime in 2018, I highly doubt that the writers would have planned episodes that far in advance especially when at the time they didn't know which of the fine evolutions would be the most popular and how they would compare to their preevolutions. Also before you say that well the writers write the episode months in advance, yeah sure they write episodes months in advance but not 2 years before the episode is going to air.

So the Chinese leaks can't be used as evidence as they could have easily change their minds at this point.

desdar300

Yes... thus it can be a rough draft. Or its changed after that... meaning Ash will not get Popplio and Incineroar (Since Torracat seems to be more popular than it.. since people are tired off seeing a bipedal fully evolved Fire Starter once again).
I'd say Incineroar has way more fans than say Emboar and people seemed to have warmed up to him since his initial leak.
That and from a writing standpoint I feel Incineroar is the starter the staff can do the most with because of how TPC described it and who it's based on.

MattySadler

If Ash catches Litten, I expect both it and Rowlet to evolve all the way.

phanpycross

God-king
God I hope Litten and Rowlet get some good interactions once Litten gets caught. The angry adopted kid and the happy adopted kid.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
God I hope Litten and Rowlet get some good interactions once Litten gets caught. The angry adopted kid and the happy adopted kid.

Bonus points if Litten turns out to be rather studious and gets frustrated and/or annoyed with the airheaded Rowlet. It'd be like the class president vs. the class clown. :p

Janovy

Banned
Bonus points if Litten turns out to be rather studious and gets frustrated and/or annoyed with the airheaded Rowlet. It'd be like the class president vs. the class clown. :p

Well if the sequence that is shown before the episode title is of any indication, we can expect just that. xD

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
And they could be best bros if/when they're fully evolved. :p

Seriously, I would also like this because, as I mentioned earlier, since Z-Moves depend on a Pokemon's bond with its trainer, Litten is probably going to struggle mightily with them. Imagine how frustrating that is going to be for Litten. An airhead like Rowlet can use Z-Moves perfectly fine (despite being winded after using them) while a studious battler like Litten has a hard time with it.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why Litten's capture is being delayed. Maybe the intention is for Rowlet to have a Z-Move mastered first to set up something like this.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Seriously, I would also like this because, as I mentioned earlier, since Z-Moves depend on a Pokemon's bond with its trainer, Litten is probably going to struggle mightily with them. Imagine how frustrating that is going to be for Litten. An airhead like Rowlet can use Z-Moves perfectly fine (despite being winded after using them) while a studious battler like Litten has a hard time with it.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why Litten's capture is being delayed. Maybe the intention is for Rowlet to have a Z-Move mastered first to set up something like this.

That would definitely spice things up. Not only would Ash have to work on strengthening his own relationship with Litten, but he would also have to play the middle man and work on strengthening the relationship between his Pokémon. That's something I would like to see.

PAndrews

Actually I DO know that for sure. I have done work and storyboards for animation teams as part of my job. That is a sketch used to practice character expression for Incineroar with some doodles around it, not an idea pitch but an artist PRACTICING drawing Incineroar.

There is a possibility they might decide to add such a scene at some point but this sketch itself isn't proof of that in the slightest. Its a sketch, not a plan or idea pitch for a scene since idea's ARE NOT pitched as a doodle inbetween practice artwork but as standalone images/storyboards. And even IF they decide to pitch this as an idea, it still needs to get approved first, so either way this doodle is nothing more then a doodle. People really need to stop pulling it out of proportion and pretending its more then it is.

The very fact that Ash is shown with the wrong Pokemon-trainer combo in that scene (not to mention a Incineroar playing WWF with someone and smashing a table on Pikachu) proves its just an artist goofing around BEFORE anything concrete was even planned in terms of who gets what among the classmates for S&M, since otherwise it wouldn't have something that basic incorrect. That would be like having a scene with Ash & Greninja and Brock with Chespin watching.

Ash hasn't even caught Litten yet and people think they are already sketching out Incineroar scenes BEFORE S&M EP01 even aired. Thats beyond grasping

Status
Not open for further replies.