• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I highly doubt Ash is getting Popplio. It's a Lana Pokemon.

Was there anyone who thought Ash would even get one? Or that Lana would give up hers?

MattySadler

Was there anyone who thought Ash would even get one? Or that Lana would give up hers?

Yeah I kinda thought Ash might get one. Like most things that crop up in these speculation threads, it was based on absolutely no facts or evidence whatsoever, just an inkling I had.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Could somebody link me to these Chinese leaks please?
http://66.media.tumblr.com/0250e03bd66ab9ca99dc62e78ecf5d7b/tumblr_o8adnyxaSF1qhkgqso1_1280.jpg

I don't think Ash is getting Popplio and definitely not Lana's. She and Popplio seem very close, so it would take a very good reason for her to just give it up. Plus, Brionme and Primarina are definitely not "Ash" Pokemon both because of their feminine designs and the fact that they just don't look like they'd be very mobile outside water.

MattySadler

http://66.media.tumblr.com/0250e03bd66ab9ca99dc62e78ecf5d7b/tumblr_o8adnyxaSF1qhkgqso1_1280.jpg

I don't think Ash is getting Popplio and definitely not Lana's. She and Popplio seem very close, so it would take a very good reason for her to just give it up. Plus, Brionme and Primarina are definitely not "Ash" Pokemon both because of their feminine designs and the fact that they just don't look like they'd be very mobile outside water.

Thanks.

No, if Ash did get a Popplio I'd assume it would remain unevolved. You're right, Brionne and Primarina are most definitely not "Ash Pokemon".

MattySadler

It'd be cute though if Lana ends up quickly evolving her Primarina and she gives Ash an egg :D

That would be nice but unless they rushed it I imagine Ash wouldn't be getting his egg until near the end of his Alola journey.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
What if Incineroar is Masked Royal's? :p

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
That would be nice but unless they rushed it I imagine Ash wouldn't be getting his egg until near the end of his Alola journey.

Unless he gets it as a gift midway through his journey (similar to how the player receives the egg in the games). That would allow for the Pokémon in the egg to develop both as a character and as a battler. However, it would have to be a ways down the road, or else it will seem a little too soon after Lillie's Alolan Vulpix hatches.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yes. That leaked image is not proof that Litten will fully evolve, Ash will get Popplio, Rowlet and Popplio will remain unevolved, and that Mallow will travel with Ash as his only companion. It's not proof of anything.
Ash isn't getting Popplio anytime soon when we already have a main character with one to showcase it with. Also, don't forget Lillie being a traveling companion. No sense in keeping her stuck in a mansion reading books when she'll have a bigger role in the future. I hope Litten stays as a Torracat when Ash catches it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Lillie should just get the Popplio line, no sense keeping her stuck with just Vulpix and temporarily Nebby the whole region. When Lana's no longer around obviously, one Popplio is enough I don't want to see two of that thing unless one is a Brionne.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lillie should just get the Popplio line, no sense keeping her stuck with just Vulpix and temporarily Nebby the whole region. When Lana's no longer around obviously, one Popplio is enough I don't want to see two of that thing unless one is a Brionne.

Lana is probably going to be in the entire series.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
You guys are assuming Ash is going to leave Melemele and travel the other islands. Given that he traveled to Akala pretty casually in the last episode, I really don't think he will be. I think the school is going to be the main setting for the main series.

Meaning Lana will be present throughout the entire series and there's no need to give the Popplio line to anybody else in the main cast. I could see them giving Brionme and Primarina to a future rival because I really don't see Lana's Popplio evolving (at least, not all the way) and better that than having both of them be relegated to filler episodes (especially given Primarina's popularity). But that's all, regarding the Popplio line.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You guys are assuming Ash is going to leave Melemele and travel the other islands. Given that he traveled to Akala pretty casually in the last episode, I really don't think he will be. I think the school is going to be the main setting for the main series.

Meaning Lana will be present throughout the entire series and there's no need to give the Popplio line to anybody else in the main cast. I could see them giving Brionme and Primarina to a future rival because I really don't see Lana's Popplio evolving (at least, not all the way) and better that than having both of them be relegated to filler episodes (especially given Primarina's popularity). But that's all, regarding the Popplio line.

A rival owning Primarina would be cool and all, but unless they're finally giving Ash a competent female rival I don't want that to happen. A dude having Primarina as his main would just look weird.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

That's what I'm thinking, as well; and frankly, I have no problem with the school being the main setting for most of, if not the rest of, the series. I can see Ash leaving Melemele Island for a few days at a time to challenge a trial or trials on another island, and then returning to get in some schoolwork and battle training before leaving again.

While I would love to see Lana's Popplio fully evolve, I have a feeling it probably won't. I'm not even sure it will evolve into Brionne, although I may change my mind if it or Lana ever shows interest in battling or doing anything that would earn a Pokémon the necessary experience (however the anime wants to define that) to evolve. Which is a shame, because I would love to see a Primarina on the main cast; it's just so elegant, and it would suit Lana.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
A rival owning Primarina would be cool and all, but unless they're finally giving Ash a competent female rival I don't want that to happen. A dude having Primarina as his main would just look weird.
I personally don't care if a male rival owns a Primarina. There have been male characters with feminine Pokemon as their main Pokemon in the past before (Drew, Juan, Wallace, Nandu, arguably Trip since a lot of people consider Serperior a feminine Pokemon).

I'd rather see a competent female rival moreso because it hasn't been done yet. I would say Katie from the Hoenn League is the closest we've seen. Somebody like that would be great.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I personally don't care if a male rival owns a Primarina. There have been male characters with feminine Pokemon as their main Pokemon in the past before (Drew, Juan, Wallace, Nandu, arguably Trip since a lot of people consider Serperior a feminine Pokemon).

I'd rather see a competent female rival moreso because it hasn't been done yet. I would say Katie from the Hoenn League is the closest we've seen. Somebody like that would be great.

Well, Bianca says hello. And Dawn had competent female rivals in Zoey and Ursula.

I doubt there will be a female rival in SM, though. There are already three female companions.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, Bianca says hello. And Dawn had competent female rivals in Zoey and Ursula.

I doubt there will be a female rival in SM, though. There are already three female companions.
I meant a competent main rival for Ash. Bianca wasn't Ash's main rival in BW. Trip was. And as you said, Zoey and Ursula were Dawn's rivals.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I meant a competent main rival for Ash. Bianca wasn't Ash's main rival in BW. Trip was. And as you said, Zoey and Ursula were Dawn's rivals.

Well, I doubt Ash will ever have a main female rival. Generally the main female characters have main female rivals.

But yes, I believe that Primarina will probably get the Chesnaught treatment and probably showcased by other characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.