• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't see Litten being set up for a disobedient arc. Ash bonded with Litten when he gave it food and helped defend Stoutland with Litten against an Alolan Persian. Litten has been shown to be a stubborn Pokemon and not fully trusting. I see Litten being set up for an arc where him and Ash cannot achieve a Z-move, because Litten doesn't fully trust Ash, probably from more Human backstory that will be the centerpoint of his capture. I see this playing out if Litten joins Ash's team without a battle. Litten wouldn't join his team and then disobey his commands. If Ash captures Litten via battle, there could be disobedience only further in Litten's evolutionary line.
This is what we were speculating a few pages back, along with Litten perhaps developing a rivalry with Rowlet because it can use Z-Moves despite it being an airheaded goofball whereas Litten is a more aerious, studious battler.

We've already seen the disobedience storyline with Charizard, Mamoswine, Excadrill, and Dragonite, so I really hope they don't do it with Litten as well.

Red and Blue

I wouldn't be surprised if Inciniroar was disobedient at first given its Pokedex entry and the fact it's based on a mean wrestler.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
It's funny how TR have more new Pokemon than Ash

ShadowForce720

Because the staff won't let him catch anything until after he gets litten.

Not necessarily, I mean if you really get down to it since they aren't giving him Litten right away, there wasn't really an episode after episode 4 where Ash had a chance to get a new capture. Sure Litten could be the 2nd capture but that doesn't mean that it's guaranteed to be the second capture, although right now the only pokemon that I could see Ash getting before Litten would be Grubbin, although they could have Litten be the 2nd capture and just have Grubbin be the 3rd capture.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I find it even more hilarious they got 2 of the hardest Pokemon to find in the Sun and Moon games

I groan at the Pokemon choices they're given the last few series.

In X/Y, they had two of my favorites from that generation, and I feel like their Pokemon are wasted on them. Sigh.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The Worf effect will probably happen later but for now, Mimikyu and Mareanie seem pretty competent. We can enjoy that while it lasts, at least.

Hoping we get some new episode titles soon and one of them involves Litten though.

SlimKennedy

I just realized that Team Rocket pretty much has to catch Bewear at this point. They already told Giovanni that they did, and I can't imagine it going over too well if he finds out they lied to him.

ShadowForce720

I just realized that Team Rocket pretty much has to catch Bewear at this point. They already told Giovanni that they did, and I can't imagine it going over too well if he finds out they lied to him.

Also towards the end of episode 12 when they were talking about making Bewear's lair there secret based they also brought up the idea that they should eventually catch Bewear, so yeah I think it's being foreshadowed that they will get it eventually. Now the reason why they don't have Bewear now I think is because of two reasons: 1. It would probably mean ending the gag of Bewear coming and then taking them away which I don't think there ready to end that gag just yet, and

2. Let's face it given from what we've seen in episode 12 of what happened when James got Mareanie where they finally were able to beat Ash I think giving them Bewear right now would make them a bit to overpowered at the moment, especially since Ash doesn't have that many pokemon since he only has Pikachu and Rowlet right now, and I think Bewear presuming that their not planning to depower is a too much for most of the pokemon on the main cast right now to really handle especially since it would mean that they would have to handle Mimikyu and Mareanie at the same time that there handling Bewear.

So I think there going to wait until Ash catches some more pokemon and maybe even some of the pokemon on the main cast evolving before they have Team Rocket finally getting Bewear.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Also towards the end of episode 12 when they were talking about making Bewear's lair there secret based they also brought up the idea that they should eventually catch Bewear, so yeah I think it's being foreshadowed that they will get it eventually. Now the reason why they don't have Bewear now I think is because of two reasons: 1. It would probably mean ending the gag of Bewear coming and then taking them away which I don't think there ready to end that gag just yet, and

2. Let's face it given from what we've seen in episode 12 of what happened when James got Mareanie where they finally were able to beat Ash I think giving them Bewear right now would make them a bit to overpowered at the moment, especially since Ash doesn't have that many pokemon since he only has Pikachu and Rowlet right now, and I think Bewear presuming that their not planning to depower is a too much for most of the pokemon on the main cast right now to really handle especially since it would mean that they would have to handle Mimikyu and Mareanie at the same time that there handling Bewear.

So I think there going to wait until Ash catches some more pokemon and maybe even some of the pokemon on the main cast evolving before they have Team Rocket finally getting Bewear.

Agreed, Bewear is certain to be caught eventually but he's probably going to keep swooping in and swiping Team Rocket away when they win which is way better than Mimikyu and Mareanie getting reduced to being one shot every episode. He needs to catch Litten and get some other team change soon though.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

If they do, James better get it. Jessie already has Mimikyu and Wobbuffet.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

I agree; although it would sadly mean the end of the stalker Bewear gag, I do think Team Rocket will eventually catch Bewear, but it probably won't be until Ash has caught another Pokémon or two. Ash needs to at least have as many Pokémon as Team Rocket does (I'm not counting Meowth or Wobbuffet, since they mostly do jack all).

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Bewear won't get caught until much later in the saga. For some reason, TR are fine with it just giving it delicious food and warm beds. I think the only setback is finding a way of escaping Bewear's grasp.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Nah, I don't think TR is going to catch Bewear. Bewear will just play to role of the blast-off gag in the entire SM anime, I just have a strong feeling about this.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Bewear won't get caught until much later in the saga. For some reason, TR are fine with it just giving it delicious food and warm beds. I think the only setback is finding a way of escaping Bewear's grasp.

Team Rocket will never escape Bewear's grasp. It will stalk them to the ends of the earth. After all, nothing can stop that bear--it can walk on water, apparently swim like Michael Phelps, leap across rooftops like a ninja...

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Bewear is being used for the new unique blast-off gag. I'm not sure how even after this TR has a chance of catching Bewear.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If they do, James better get it. Jessie already has Mimikyu and Wobbuffet.

I'm sure he'll be the one to catch it. And I hope he's the one to do it. If they want to give Jessie something else, it should be a sassy Salandit/Salazzle

ShadowForce720

Bewear is being used for the new unique blast-off gag. I'm not sure how even after this TR has a chance of catching Bewear.

The fact that Jessie and James told Giovanni that Bewear was there pokemon and then towards the end of the episode actually talked about catching Bewear is easily foreshadowing that they will eventually get Bewear regardless of the blast-off gag, otherwise there would be no point in them even talking about Bewear, and also it's not like they could tell Giovanni that they were lieing about catching Bewear, so at this point they have to catch Bewear otherwise they would get in trouble if Giovanni finds out that they lied about Bewear being their pokemon.

It will probably be awhile before they finally catch it, but the way things are going they most likely will catch it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.