• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Power

Finally. I was wondering when this thread would be up. Here's my predictions.
Ash:
Pikachu - Isn't it obvious.
Litten->Torracat->Incineroar - Basically, the new Charizard. A tough one to befriend, but it's a challenge Ash can deal with.
Pikipek - He always gets the regional bird Pokemon, no doubt it will be in it's final evolved form by the time the next generation starts.
Morelull - Ash didn't catch a Grass-type in Kalos, but that doesn't mean he can't catch one in Alola.
Wimpod - Needs a water-type too. Chose Wimpod because it would bring another challenge for Ash.
Alolan Rattata->Alolan Raticate - Figured Ash needed to catch an Alolan forme since they're getting a lot of buzz.

Jessie:
Wobbuffet - Already confirmed and has always stuck with her since Johto (except Unova).
Salandit - She always has a creepy looking Pokemon with her.

James:
Bewear - They seem to be implying it. Plus it would be a unique revival of that old running gag, where one of his Pokemon would attack him with affection before fighting.

Until I know whether the four Trial Captains are traveling with Ash or not, I'll wait to do predictions of their teams.

Captain America X

It's hard to say how many Pokemon the trial captains and Lillie are gonna get considering that the main characters this time have 6 characters that are capable of having Pokemon.I'm gonna assume 2-3 with Kiawe having possibly up to 6 assuming he ends up as rival to Ash.I'll just guess the 1st stage and not whether said pokemon would actually evolve

Ash : Pikachu, Rowlet, Litten, Pikipek, Wimpod, Crabrawler

Lillie : Alolan Vulpix, Cosmog

Mallow : Bounsweet, Fomantis, Cutiefly

Lana : Popplio, Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku

Sophocles : Togedemaru, Grubbin

Kiawe : Turtonator, Alolan Marowak, Salandit,

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I don't think he'll get a full team.

I don't really like it, but Litten seems kinda likely.

Wimpod would be really cool because well... that final evo is well.. yeah.

Red and Blue

Why won't he get a full team? He will still be battling despite no gyms

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I am also sharing the opinion that he won't catch a full team of Pokemon as he won't travel much and compete in a League. I personally don't think he will catch more than three Pokemon. He will have the Rotomdex along with his adventures and will ride the Pokeride Sharpedo very often.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I think the only way he doesn't get a full team is if he rotates with his Oak'd mon, especially for if he creates the league in Alola.

Captain America X

I am also sharing the opinion that he won't catch a full team of Pokemon as he won't travel much and compete in a League. I personally don't think he will catch more that he will catch more than three Pokemon. He will have the Rotomdex along with his adventures and will ride the Pokeride Sharpedo very often.

I somehow doubt that Ash will spend more than two years without catching new Pokemon.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I am also sharing the opinion that he won't catch a full team of Pokemon as he won't travel much and compete in a League. I personally don't think he will catch more that he will catch more than three Pokemon. He will have the Rotomdex along with his adventures and will ride the Pokeride Sharpedo very often.
The latest Sun and Moon (game) trailer talks about a League being built in Alola, so...

Not to mention, Ash is still going to travel. You really think they'll just keep him on that one island?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The latest Sun and Moon (game) trailer talks about a League being built in Alola, so...

Not to mention, Ash is still going to travel. You really think they'll just keep him on that one island?

I wonder how a League will fit the school anime.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
I wonder how a League will fit the school anime.

Ash learns stuff, Ash goes around and builds a League with his new school knowledge! New Alola League! Now time for the awesome creator to use his powerful Pokemon to become the first Champion of Alola!

And then he loses his own League.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Ash learns stuff, Ash goes around and builds a League with his new school knowledge! New Alola League! Now time for the awesome creator to use his powerful Pokemon to become the first Champion of Alola!

And then he loses his own League.

After an extremely tactical and prolonged battle losing to a Charizard so his journey comes full circle and a gag.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
After an extremely tactical and prolonged battle losing to a Charizard so his journey comes full circle and a gag.

inb4 Greninja came back to help Ash win and this happened we've really come full circle haha funny look an old gag plz laugh

*ahem*

If Ash ends up making the League the League arc better be good.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
What Skittlebox said, or since it'll be the first League tournament in Alola all the students are invited to compete.

Maybe. Actually I really want a League, as I personally feel a series without a League will be poor.

At this point, I just want to see Ash get Rowlet (which hopefully the first poster is telling of that) and all I want of Rowlet is for it to eventually evolve into Decidueye and become a powerhouse. A) It's about time for a grass starter to shine, especially since the last starters to be Ash's aces were Blazenape and Ash-Greninja, B) just out of personal reasons...that Ghost typing though.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
At this point, I just want to see Ash get Rowlet (which hopefully the first poster is telling of that) and all I want of Rowlet is for it to eventually evolve into Decidueye and become a powerhouse. A) It's about time for a grass starter to shine, especially since the last starters to be Ash's aces were Blazenape and Ash-Greninja, B) just out of personal reasons...that Ghost typing though.

And add the fact that Ash hasn't caught a Ghost Type Pokemon yet. I really want to see him get all the types he hasn't gotten yet this series.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok people need to calm down with this school stuff. Ash isn't gonna just sit at a school for two years. They are gonna be going out and seeing Kalos and Ash is most likely gonna take on the Alolan Trial which he's not gonna do from the school and he needs pokemon for that cuz he's still gonna have to battle the Kahuna's and the Totem Pokemon.

He needs at least three considering that's what the Kahuna's have but even then they are all gonna have different pokemon so he's gonna need a diverse team.

I think for the first 20 to 30 episodes though he'll only have like 3 or 4 pokemon to start including Pikachu. Pikachu, Rowlet, Rockruff, and maybe Litten. Later on he can get Whimpod and something like Mudbray since it seems like they are going full steam ahead with the riding pokemon in the anime and a Mudsdale would be awesome for him.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
i mean pikachu has an exclusive z-move so he might use that later down the road

Obviously Pikachu will use it's exclusive z-move in the future but I'm talking about other Pokemon with exclusive z-moves being potential captures no matter what Gen. their from.

I think the only way he doesn't get a full team is if he rotates with his Oak'd mon, especially for if he creates the league in Alola.

I'm not sure evening that would get Oak'd mons to be rotated in Alola unless that they can showcase something related to this Gen. like z-moves.

What about Sceptile?

Ok people need to calm down with this school stuff. Ash isn't gonna just sit at a school for two years. They are gonna be going out and seeing Kalos and Ash is most likely gonna take on the Alolan Trial which he's not gonna do from the school and he needs pokemon for that cuz he's still gonna have to battle the Kahuna's and the Totem Pokemon.

He needs at least three considering that's what the Kahuna's have but even then they are all gonna have different pokemon so he's gonna need a diverse team.

I think for the first 20 to 30 episodes though he'll only have like 3 or 4 pokemon to start including Pikachu. Pikachu, Rowlet, Rockruff, and maybe Litten. Later on he can get Whimpod and something like Mudbray since it seems like they are going full steam ahead with the riding pokemon in the anime and a Mudsdale would be awesome for him.

But riding Pokemon are supposed to be separate from on hand party so that won't factor in Mudbray's capture.

togenaught18

Will rotom dex be a membet of ash team or no? Anyway i expected and the end of the series "releases" this dex. I cant wait for this :p
Also i hope rowlet be the powerhouse of the region, too. i expect a alola mon for ash, but there arent many options.Diglet,vulpix, sandsdrew for example, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.