• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm wondering, how do you think the UB's will make their anime debut? I want something memorable that ties Ash's quest to be a master with the main Alola plot itself. Something like this:

Ash and his opponent (likely either Kukui or Gladion) are facing off in the newly-created Alola Pokemon League. This is the last round of the league, and will decide who will be the first Alola champion champion. Ash and the opponent throw out their Pokemon, leading to a long and dramatic battle. Eventually, they are down to their ace Pokemon. After another big battle, the two start charging their most powerful moves (as a callback to the Kalos league), as the skies dramatically darken and they are illuminated in a blue spotlight. However, just as they are about to release the attacks, they suddenly misdirect both, leaving Ash and his opponent confused. However, they then realize that the dark skies and blue light are not just mood lighting; they're actually happening. And everyone evacuates the league as a strange jellyfish emerges from a rift in the sky. Ash and his opponent try battling it, but it swats both their Pokemon away like flies. Both Ash and his opponent then flee the League, as Nihilego soars off into the horizon, thus abruptly ending the league and directly seguing into the main story.

My hopes is that a Nihilego ends up falling into the main universe and is damaged. Ash tries to look after it and try to understand it, since it is really alien. Then he learns of more Nihilego and the plot thickens

ShadowForce720

not sure what thread this goes in, but if I remember correctly pokefan does that thing where they will usually have double pages for a major event in the anime like a capture, or gym, or something else. So I wondering do you think if there is any thing that it winds up being double pages do you think it will focus on an upcoming capture or do you think it will focus on an upcoming trail?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
not sure what thread this goes in, but if I remember correctly pokefan does that thing where they will usually have double pages for a major event in the anime like a capture, or gym, or something else. So I wondering do you think if there is any thing that it winds up being double pages do you think it will focus on an upcoming capture or do you think it will focus on an upcoming trail?
Based on absolutely nothing, Litten's capture would be my guess. Awhile back, I looked up when Ash fought his secand Gym Battles in the past to gouge when I think his second Trial. There were some outliers (OS and BW were really early, DP was a bit late), but based on that and other stuff I think will happen before his second Trial (Mallow focus, Litten's capture, and introductions to Gladion and Olivia), my guess for his second Trial is ~SM25-30, maybe a bit later but no earlier than that. That world fall in line with May at the earliest. They won't preview the Trial that early, most likely.

However, I'm not expecting double pages at all.

When does PokeFan usually leak btw?

ShadowForce720

Based on absolutely nothing, Litten's capture would be my guess. Awhile back, I looked up when Ash fought his secand Gym Battles in the past to gouge when I think his second Trial. There were some outliers (OS and BW were really early, DP was a bit late), but based on that and other stuff I think will happen before his second Trial (Mallow focus, Litten's capture, and introductions to Gladion and Olivia), my guess for his second Trial is ~SM25-30, maybe a bit later but no earlier than that. That world fall in line with May at the earliest. They won't preview the Trial that early, most likely.

It comes out on the 21st if I recall but usually it starts leaking earlier like anywhere from the 17th-21st.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It comes out on the 21st if I recall but usually it starts leaking earlier like anywhere from the 17th-21st.
So if it's anything like CoroCoro, I'll expect leaks either tomorrow or Sunday.

My hopes is that a Nihilego ends up falling into the main universe and is damaged. Ash tries to look after it and try to understand it, since it is really alien. Then he learns of more Nihilego and the plot thickens

I can't see Ash looking after an injured jellyfish blob which would inevitably poison his mind and fuse with him. Expecislly if it was injured - it's fusing abilities are a defence mechanism. If anything, it's gonna be Nebby that will be the injured Pokemon the group (and by that I mean Lillie) will look after.

kickachu

Momentai!
Have you noticed in the opening there's an alolan dugtrio think it will be wild or go to the cast

Navin

MALDREAD
Yeah, Litten is clearly going to be the powerhouse and ace.
Hopefully next saga, we can get another Krookidile-like Pokemon being the ace. A non-starter...... a starter being his regional ace almost every saga is getting boring. Water finally got the title, so starters don't need the title at all anymore. Especially the Grass and Fire ones, they can fully evolve under Ash, it's just tiring for one of either to end up his ace. A Rock, Dragon, Poison, Ice, Psychic, Ghost, or Steel ace would be welcome. (Left out Bug and Normal as some consider Snorlax and Heracross aces. When a Fairy that suits Ash comes out, I'll welcome a Fairy ace)

I'm still gunning for Rockruff -> Midday Lycanroc to be the powerhouse. It's about time there is a true quadruped regional ace. I want that quadrupedal rivalry between Lycanroc and Silvally.

Soniman

Break the Limit
So now we have two starters (Litten is basically his) and a rockruff, hope they get more interesting with the last two slots

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
I'm still gunning for Rockruff -> Midday Lycanroc to be the powerhouse. It's about time there is a true quadruped regional ace. I want that quadrupedal rivalry between Lycanroc and Silvally.

What i think should happen is every pokemon on Ash's team should have rivalry with some or other pokemon of different recurring characters.
In XY, only greninja was having rivalry rith two pokemon. Other pokemon got shafted for that and got less chance to shine.

Navin

MALDREAD
So now we have two starters (Litten is basically his) and a rockruff, hope they get more interesting with the last two slots

You should be happy fam. Shaping up to be DP 2.0.

Pikachu = Pikachu
Decidueye = Torterra + Staraptor
Incineroar = Infernape
Lycanroc = Gliscor (?)
[SPEC] Crabrawler/Alola Sandshrew = Buizel
[SPEC] Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o = Gible

What i think should happen is every pokemon on Ash's team should have rivalry with some or other pokemon of different recurring characters.
In XY, only greninja was having rivalry rith two pokemon. Other pokemon got shafted for that and got less chance to shine.

I'd be cool with that too.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Little off there - looks like it was two pages after all, Rockruff was the focus rather than Litten.

Ah well, not complaining. Now the debate is going to be (assuming Rockruff evolves) will it be Midday or Midnight Lycanroc.

Red and Blue

Wonder who's going to be the jobber? Let's face it, one of Ash's Pokemon is going to get the shaft.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Wonder who's going to be the jobber? Let's face it, one of Ash's Pokemon is going to get the shaft.

Sad to say this, but Rowlet might get the fall guy treatment for some time as Rockruff will get some good treatment first.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I feel that Ash should have at least one Pokemon who's ability plays an major part of said Pokemon's strategy, because that would make battles more interesting. If you agree with me which Pokemon do you think would fit this; Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku, Mimikyu or Minior(those are the most prominent)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yay!! Ash is getting all my faves this region lol.

Pikachu
Rowlet
Rockruff
Litten
Grubbin/Whimpod
Mudbray.

Ilikepiex7

I feel that Ash should have at least one Pokemon who's ability plays an major part of said Pokemon's strategy, because that would make battles more interesting. If you agree with me which Pokemon do you think would fit this; Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku, Mimikyu or Minior(those are the most prominent)

Mimikyu Jessie has it, Wishiwashi looks useless on land so that's out, Minior less likely now that Ash has his rock type and flyer, and I can't see Ash with a pokemon with no attacking moves so pyukumuku is out.

Minior was the most likely of the four but it's likelihood is very slim

Alright, nice to see that Rockruff is finally confirmed for Ash. I'm so happy to see that!

So right now he's got:

Pikachu
Rowlet
Rockruff
Litten (which he'll most likely get in the future)

At least 2 more pokemon left. At this point, I'm hoping for the Jangmo-o line. Maybe he could still get the Grubbin line but if not, I actually think an Alolan Sandslash would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.