• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
Jangmo-o would allow Ash to use both Dragon and Fighting type Z-crystal, but I really want Ash with Passimian or Crabrawler.

DavidD001

Alright, nice to see that Rockruff is finally confirmed for Ash. I'm so happy to see that!

So right now he's got:

Pikachu
Rowlet
Rockruff
Litten (which he'll most likely get in the future)

At least 2 more pokemon left. At this point, I'm hoping for the Jangmo-o line. Maybe he could still get the Grubbin line but if not, I actually think an Alolan Sandslash would be cool.

Woah wait a sec....where is this confirmed? I would really love to know where and see it for myself as well.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Woah wait a sec....where is this confirmed? I would really love to know where and see it for myself as well.

In the summary of SM 19

DavidD001

can you give me the Link please?

Janovy

Banned

DavidD001

Awesome.
Finally Ash gets a new pokemon which is going to be his 2nd Rock-type.
So as of SM019...
Ash's team will be....

-Pikachu
-Rowlet
-Rockruff

and going by the scans now this also basically says that Ash is getting Rockruff either in SM015 or SM019....thats a gap of 11 to 15 episodes between captures so far.
I'm okay with the gap in that it was used to help train up Rowlet and now I'm very curious on the strategies that Ash & Rockruff with come up with together.
Also its pretty much a given that Rockruff will become Midday Lycanroc since its the speedy evolution.

And on another note....Rowlet is very likely going to evolve all the way into Decidueye which will finally give Ash his first official Ghost-type....and its a cool looking pokemon.

And after Rockruff....Litten is the next one up to be gotten by Ash.

esquilo09

O-m-g! Ikaiaiai! Ash caught Rockruff! His 1st canine-like Pokémon. Now I'm 100% never gonna doubt a canine-like or a feline-like capture for Ash ever again.

DavidD001

I'm getting excited for the future captures.

Ash's team so far:
-Pikachu
-Rowlet

-Rockruff is going to be captured soon
-Litten is next up after Rockruff.

So far going by their typings at base then going into their final forms....

-Electric
-Grass/Flying -> Grass/Flying -> Grass/Ghost
-Rock -> Rock
-Fire -> Fire -> Fire/Dark

I wonder what other pokemon Ash will get next.
Personally I'm hoping for maybe a Mudbray or a Dewpider.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm getting excited for the future captures.

Ash's team so far:
-Pikachu
-Rowlet

-Rockruff is going to be captured soon
-Litten is next up after Rockruff.

So far going by their typings at base then going into their final forms....

-Electric
-Grass/Flying -> Grass/Flying -> Grass/Ghost
-Rock -> Rock
-Fire -> Fire -> Fire/Dark

I wonder what other pokemon Ash will get next.
Personally I'm hoping for maybe a Mudbray or a Dewpider.
Well a Mudbray already appeared in SM011 plus it's confirmed that Ash will battle a Mudbray belonging to another trainer in SM019, so I think that Ash catching Mudbray is very unlikely at this point.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Dewpider would be nice.

Then an Alolan form just to show them off would be good enough for me.

I'm loving his team (projected teams) so far. The clumsy and sleepy owl, affectionate dog, DGAF cat...they all have different personalities (and in my opinion, sort of mirror their real life counterparts).

nickdt

Awesome.
Finally Ash gets a new pokemon which is going to be his 2nd Rock-type.
So as of SM019...
Ash's team will be....

-Pikachu
-Rowlet
-Rockruff

and going by the scans now this also basically says that Ash is getting Rockruff either in SM015 or SM019....thats a gap of 11 to 15 episodes between captures so far.
I'm okay with the gap in that it was used to help train up Rowlet and now I'm very curious on the strategies that Ash & Rockruff with come up with together.
Also its pretty much a given that Rockruff will become Midday Lycanroc since its the speedy evolution.

And on another note....Rowlet is very likely going to evolve all the way into Decidueye which will finally give Ash his first official Ghost-type....and its a cool looking pokemon.

And after Rockruff....Litten is the next one up to be gotten by Ash.

I doubt Ash is getting Litten at this point. No mention of Litten was made (Which means Ash doesn't get it at all or its a very late capture).

What if they have decided: If Ash gets Rockruff, Kukui gets Litten to still somewhat mimic the games.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I want Rowlet, Litten and Rockruff to have a sort of rivalry, Litten chasing Rowlet like Sylvester and Tweetie Pie, whilst Litten doesn't get on with Rockruff since its based on a dog. Would be a unique pokemon dynamic and making use of the species they are based off.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I doubt Ash is getting Litten at this point. No mention of Litten was made (Which means Ash doesn't get it at all or its a very late capture).

What if they have decided: If Ash gets Rockruff, Kukui gets Litten to still somewhat mimic the games.

Ash is the only one who has interacted with Litten so far. Judging from Litten's interactions with Ash in SM, it is evident that a character arc is being set up between Ash and Litten. Plus, the three starters are always distributed between the main cast. So, Ash catching Litten is pretty much evident.

nickdt

Ash is the only one who has interacted with Litten so far. Judging from Litten's interactions with Ash in SM, it is evident that a character arc is being set up between Ash and Litten. Plus, the three starters are always distributed between the main cast. So, Ash catching Litten is pretty much evident.

Doesn't say a lot does it: Meloetta rings a bell.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Meloetta is a Legendary while Litten is a starter(who are always distributed between the main cast). You can't compare them.

Tuoko

Meloetta isn't even that comparable to Litten as it's a Legendary.

Litten's a starter, and they're setting up the relationship between it and Ash, so of course it'll be going to him.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm loving his team (projected teams) so far. The clumsy and sleepy owl, affectionate dog, DGAF cat...they all have different personalities (and in my opinion, sort of mirror their real life counterparts).

I just realized you're right--Rowlet, Rockruff, and Litten do mirror their real-life counterparts, lol! Oh, the potential for hilarious interactions!

JD

I'm starting to think Ash won't catch Litten after all, so I think his final team will look something like this.

Pikachu
Rowlet-Decidueye
Rockruff-Lycanroc(Midday)
Dewpider-Araquanid
Passimian
Alolan Sandshrew-Sandlash
Jangmo-o-Hakamo-o

They could have Kukui take in Litten or a character down the line could catch it Hau maybe.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
so ash is going to have an electric type, a grass/flying type, a rock type, and hopefully a fire type. this team is already pretty diverse. now the big question is: will this be the first region where he DOESN'T get a water type?

Status
Not open for further replies.