1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Sushi, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satomine Night

Satomine Night The Power of Z!

It might not be until the very end of the series, but I do have a feeling Team Rocket is eventually going to catch Bewear. Either that, or Bewear is going to start acting like their Pokémon--showing up to battle for them, even obey them as if they were its Trainers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lana, Mallow, and Sophocles catch one more Pokémon each, but I can't see any of them with more than two Pokémon (including the ones they already have). I have no idea what they would catch, though. Kiawe I can see with three Pokémon (including his Ride Charizard) just because he is a battler, and I would like to see him with an Alolan Marowak, since he is so associated with the Pokémon in the games.

2. Golden_Latias

Golden_Latias #SlayQueenSlay

Yeah, I'm not certain about TR or any of Ash's classmates having more than two Pokemon each, given the large cast and small number of new Pokemon.

Also, when you say "look at the merchandise," what do you mean?

YES!

3. Can't say whether they will catch another pokemon or not. But i think may be one of them already owns some other pokemon which they will reveal to the gang when the situation is perfect for it, just like iris revealed her excadrill when she needed to battle georgia. I think it will lana who reveals her pokemon later on which she already owns. She could have caught any water type pokemon before ash visited alola. Maybe wailord..

But i really want each of the main cast to own at least two pokemon...

4. Although writers want to show new pokemon, but they can give main cast (other than ash) pokemon from previous generations as well. They will not do this first time. We have seen clemont with luxray, iris with dragonite. So this time too, some characters might have older pokemon and their is nothing wrong about it.

5. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja Knucklehead Ninja

Catching Bewear at the very end of the series might be a possibility, but Bewear just seems too extraordinary for TR. The trio can just give Giovanni an excuse that they had to release Bewear for some reason (they tend to tell a lot of lies to Giovanni).

Because of the goals of Lana, Mallow and Sophocles(he probably doesn't have any goal), I doubt that they catch any new Pokemon. At best, I can see them catching one more Pokemon each(though I think it's unlikely). Alolan Marowak really suits Kiawe, so I hope that he gets one. That would be the best way to showcase Alolan Marowak.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  6. Golden_Latias

That is also possible. I even predicted Lana catching Chinchou, since she has one in the games, and I think Lanturn looks good with her. :p

We've been over this already. Not having a goal related to battling doesn't mean they won't get more Pokemon, and it's always been like that. Brock not having a goal in OS didn't stop him from catching Zubat, Vulpix, and Pineco in Johto (and said Pineco and Zubat evolved, as well). Cilan's Pokemon Connoisseur goal has absolutely nothing to do with battling, and that didn't stop him from catching Dwebble or Stunfisk (or stop his Dwebble from evolving). Clemont not having a goal didn't stop him from catching Chespin or Luxio (or stop his Luxio from evolving).

7. Satomine Night

Perhaps by the time we get to the near end of the series, Ash's team is so outstanding that Bewear will no longer seem like too extraordinary a capture for Team Rocket. You never know. :)

Are we really going through this again? Their goals have nothing to do with whether or not they catch new Pokémon. Mallow wanting to be a master chef (if that's indeed her goal) doesn't stop her from befriending and catching another Pokémon. Lana wanting to create giant bubbles with Popplio doesn't stop her from fishing a Pokémon out of the ocean (which is what she was doing when she first met Ash, remember). Sophocles wanting to...do whatever he wants to do doesn't stop him from catching another Pokémon, maybe one who assists Togedemaru in doing...whatever she does.

Previous companions have caught new Pokémon despite their goals not "requiring" the need for new Pokémon. A character's goal is clearly not a good basis to judge whether or not he/she will catch new Pokémon.

8. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Farewell N...

I can see Lillie getting from 4-6 Pokemon since she's a trainer now and Mallow with 3. I think the rest will end up with one more each.

9. Satomine Night

Honestly, I think 4-6 Pokémon is too many for someone who has a fear of touching Pokémon, even if she is a Trainer now. I'd rather see Lillie further develop her relationship with Shiron and gradually learn to conquer her fear before she starts adding more Pokémon to her team.

10. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that for Bewear, no one has actually tried battling it yet. Sure it's damn well powerful, but Ash has fought plenty of powerhouses before.

I get the feeling that if Bewear DOES end up with TR (likely rather late into the series) it will be a good trump card, though will likely be defeated in time or know when to fold 'em, keeping up it's running gag. Sun/Moon is already playing with TR having the upper hand Ash has to actually improve against, see Mimikyu.

They could keep up the running gag anyway, since Bewear's cave would likely still be their secret base. Likely be a comical version of BW's jetpacks.

I do hope at the very least they do something with TR this series, rather than just keeping them static with no level grinding so they end up curb stomped all the time by the final season. XY was horrendous for this, they had to dumb them down AND forget about Wobbuffet just so the equally undeveloped twerps could have a punching bag. They had TWO battling Pokemon.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  11. I don't think she will get 4-6 pokemon. She might be able to touch vulpix but she still has fear of other pokemon. Even after she overcomes her fear, i don't think she will get more than 3 pokemon. 3 pokemon for lillie too, is debatable.

Bewear will be powerful than other TR pokemon. But it doesn't mean ash can't defeat it now. Ash has defeated Hala. He can defeat bewear too.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  12. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

That seems a bit too much, especially since she's still not used to them just yet, plus there's a large cast, I can see her just having Vulpix and Cosmog. And everyone else in the cast having 2 pokemon, except Mallow who will have 3 since she's everywhere.

13. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

More or less. Bewear is likely defeat able, but Ash would likely not be able to curb stomp it with a couple of hits.

Another series where TR are actually a challenge for the twerps would be welcome, heaven knows they'll need the boost with Ash's battle cred and FIVE companions.

14. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Farewell N...

I'm hoping for a "post league" arc like the battle frontier where Lillie can actually start challenging gyms and enter a league where Ash does some kind of new battling quest.

15. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

Considering that midnight lycanroc is Olivia's signature Pokémon, midday seems more likely for Ash...unless rockruff doesn't evolve before battling Olivia...

16. Golden_Latias

There are other options for that. They could just change Bolivia's ace to Midday Lycanroc or Probopass or something just like they changed Hala's ace from Crabrawler to Hariyama.

17. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Pokemon Master!

Any word on when the english dub will begin in USA?

18. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Or they could just give Olivia a shiny blue sonic the hedgehog

19. Golden_Latias

No. And if Disney XD plans on airing every episode of XY and XYZ before SM, then the dub won't begin until the latter half of the year (although I doubt they're going to wait that long to start airing it).

I'd just watch the subs TBH. I don't think it's worth waiting for the dub.

That, too, yes.

20. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Not if they gang up with Mareani and Mimikyu as well. The former is fairly competent and the latter is bloodlust for Pikachu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.