1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Sushi, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja Knucklehead Ninja

I honestly can't see Ash with a Drampa. Crabawler in this case could be a possibility, it looks somewhat like a Water type Pokemon and it's pretty much evident that Ash won't get Fightinium-Z.

I actually see this more as a possibility and a gag. Tapu Koko seems to have a real interest in Ash and I won't be surprised it leaves it's island for Ash temporarily.

2. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I want him to lose to both Olivia, and Nanu for that reason.
    Better losing to Kahunas than Totem Pokemon. I don't want Kahunas looking easy, and it'd give those two more episodes. Hapu can be one and done like Hala was though, she's surely to appear beforehand a few times.

3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Alolan Grimer would be a good nod to how Team Rocket in the game has Grimer/Muk as one of their main Pokemon.

4. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Just because Ash has a Pokemon that has one type does not mean that he cannot have another Pokemon of that type. He's doubled and tripled up on types before.

5. Golden_Latias

Golden_Latias #SlayQueenSlay

If you were referring to me saying that Ash can't have both Rowlet and Dhelmise, the only way I can see Dhelmise happening is if Rowlet doesn't evolve all the way. Decidueye and Dhelmise have almost the exact same type combination, so having both of them would be redundant. Doesn't matter if they fight completely differently in the games, either.

6. 345ash-greninja

You mean he previously had multiple Pokemon of the exact same typing in the same region? Please give an example then.

7. Satomine Night

Satomine Night The Power of Z!

...In XY, Ash had three Flying types--Hawlucha (Flying/Fighting), Talonflame (Flying/Fire), and Noivern (Flying/Dragon). Their second type may have been different, but they all used their Flying typing.

8. 345ash-greninja

I said of the exact same typing. Looks like you missed my point xD.

9. Satomine Night

Neither you nor RileyXY1 mentioned anything about exact same type combinations; RileyXY1 mentioned doubling or tripling up on Pokémon types, and since you asked when Ash has done that, I mentioned that he just did that in the previous region. So, my point still stands, based on the argument as you worded it.

That being said...

I do agree with this. I don't think Ash will end up with two or more Pokémon with the same type combination, because that would be redundant. I could see Ash ending up with another Grass type that has a secondary typing other than Ghost, but I kind of don't want that. I would rather see more variety on Ash's team.

10. 345ash-greninja

Here you go. I mentioned 'exact same typing' in my earlier post.
    Anyway, I do believe that two Pokemon of the exact same typing aren't required in a same region, but if they share one typing, it's OK. And that pattern has been followed so far in the Pokemon Anime and I think that it will be no different in this region.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  11. Daniel31

Daniel31 HopingGaryReturns

Ash can still catch another Pokémon of the same exact type and use it later on if they plan on him catching more than 5 Pokemon. He did it in OS where he had Squirtle and later he caught a Krabby. Granted he didn't use Krabby until the Indigo League where it evolved into Kingler, but he still had 2 Water Types.

12. 345ash-greninja

I see. But Krabby was immediately Oaked, so it didn't matter anyway. He is surely not going to Oak a Pokemon in the midst of this series, will he?

13. Daniel31

Daniel31 HopingGaryReturns

Who knows. I was certainly surprised at the amount of Pokémon he caught in BW so quickly and when he caught Sewaddle in episode 18, one was sent out wasn't it..? ;)

14. Golden_Latias

Golden_Latias #SlayQueenSlay

Perhaps, but that's ancient history, and you can't really compare that to the modern anime.

There's also the fact that both Squirtle and Krabby are monotype Pokemon. Decidueye and Dhelmise are not.

15. 345ash-greninja

The capture pacing in SM doesn't seem anywhere nearly as fast as BW though!

16. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Like others have said, he's getting the Waterium Z from the Totem Wishiwashi, unless they go and yet again give him a different Z-crystal. Look I can imagine him getting different Z-Crystals when the Totem Pokémon is a dual type. Totem Kommo-o normally give out the Dragon-type Z-crystal, but they could change that to the Fighting-type.

I think Dewpider can be a great goofy pokémon for Ash to bond with. We just need to see it in animation.

That being said, my favorite team for Ash would be:
    - Pikachu
    - Decidueye
    - Lycanroc
    - Torracat/Incineroar
    - Dewpider
    - Hakamo'o

Lots of types, lots of strengths and a traditional set-up, outside of not having a Toucannon.

It would be horrible if they turn the Island Deity into a gag.. o.0

So, we're excepting that Ash won't use the Fightinium-Z, so he's going to get a Fighting-type so he can use the Waterium-Z? How's that for backward logic? xD

If anything, I hope he would then get the Fightinium-Z from the Totem Kommo-o..

But they don't use it as their main pokémon at all.. in fact, it's probably one of their least used pokémon.

In the whole game, there's only a handful of Rockets that use the Grimer-line. None of them use it in Mt.Moon, there's three that use it (one only, not multiple on the team) in the Rocket Hideout in Celadon, and there's one Rocket that uses a Grimer on the 9th floor of Silph Co. That's four Grimer in the entirety of the game.

Though during the Silph Co. event, there's three Scientists, two of whom use a Grimer and one uses a Muk.. But seeing as these are not considered Rockets, but more or less turncoats from Silph, I don't count them, but if you do, that's still just seven in the entire game.

Edit: In Johto, there's about seven Rocket's that use the Grimer-line:
    - 0 at the Slowpoke Well
    - 1 at the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany, one Grimer.
    - 3 at the Radio Tower in Goldenrod, four Grimer and one Muk
    - 2 at the Goldenrod Underground, two Muk.
    - 1 at the Department Store Basement, one Grimer.

So again, not as much a "main Pokémon" as one should think. GenI and GenII combined it's just thirteen members of that evolutionary line.

Edit2: The Sevii Islands..
    - Island Five: Two rockets, one Grimer, two Muk.
    - Island Six: One rocket, one Muk

Granted, Serebii's pages on the Sevii Islands are lacking some trainer battles.

Lol how that Johto-roundup exactly mirrors the amount of Trials in the Alola Region, it's a sign!!! 0 is for the Aether Paradise you see in the intro.. #JOHTOREMAKESCONFIRMED!!

Yeah, but doubling up on a Grass/Ghost-type combo is very specific, as opposed to having three Flying-types with vastly different battling styles, movesets and primary typings.. -.-

17. Satomine Night

If he catches more than 5 (new) Pokémon in the middle of the series, then yes, one is going to be Oak'd (or Kukui'd?). I don't know if he will catch more than 5 new Pokémon, but he might, since catching more types means being able to show off more Z-moves, so we'll have to wait and see about that.

18. 345ash-greninja

Well, after giving the Kalos Water type starter a powerful ace treatment+a rare transformation+excellent development, the writers might decide to skip the Water type this time. And I think that Hala had Fightinium-Z, so it's pretty much impossible for a Totem to have a Fightinium-Z. Your team prediction isn't that bad, and I won't be too dissatisfied if Ash ends up with this team. I personally have decided not to make any predictions about Ash's final team because I know that I'll most probably be proven wrong(which I don't want xD).

I won't think that it would be a horrible gag, Tapu Koko's personality seems to a bit intriguing to me and he also has an interest in Ash. In this way, Ash can get the right Z-crystals for his Pokemon xD. And the only I think Ash can get a Fightinium-Z now is if Tapu Koko replaces Ash's Z-crystal received from a Kahuna with a Fightinium-Z.

I hope he at least catches the nessecary five Pokemon, if he catches one or two extra Pokemon, I'll be quite happy as Ash will get more options then, but well, I never want him to so many Pokemon like BW, because then, some Pokemon will hardly get any development.

19. Satomine Night

While Tapu Koko's interest in Ash may compel the guardian deity to keep an eye on him throughout his journey, I don't think--and I don't want--it to constantly be switching out Z-Crystals. That gag will become really old really fast, and a guardian deity Pokémon should not be used that way. Tapu Koko is supposed to be fickle, not predictable. IMHO, Tapu Koko switching out Fightinium-Z for Electrium-Z was an exception, in order to give Ash Electrium-Z and enable him and Pikachu to use Gigavolt Havoc early on (otherwise, he would have to wait until Ula'ula Island to get Electrium-Z, and that would be an awfully long wait).

I expect Ash to catch at least five new Pokémon, and I expect some variety of typing on his team, so he can use at least the Z-Crystals earned through the Trials and Grand Trials. I don't want him to catch too many Pokémon, either, because I want each member of his team to get the development it needs and deserves.

20. 345ash-greninja

I won't mind that because in that way, Ash will get the right Z-crystals for his Pokemon which would be nice. And gags are supposed to get old, you know. And though Tapu Koko is a guardian deity, it is fickle minded and it has an interest in Ash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.