• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I won't mind that because in that way, Ash will get the right Z-crystals for his Pokemon which would be nice. And gags are supposed to get old, you know. And though Tapu Koko is a guardian deity, it is fickle minded and it has an interest in Ash.

Tapu Koko doesn't need to intervene in order for Ash to get the right Z-Crystals for his Pokémon from the Trials.

Pikachu - Electrium-Z
Rockruff - Rockium-Z
Decidueye (if Rowlet fully evolves) - Grassium-Z; Ghostium-Z
Incineroar (if Litten fully evolves) - Firium-Z; Darkinium-Z

Everyone can use Normalium-Z, so that just leaves Groundium-Z, Dragonium-Z, and Waterium-Z (since Fightinium-Z is already out); and Ash can easily catch Pokémon who can use those Z-Crystals. The only question left is if and/or how Ash will get the Z-Crystals that are not earned through the Trials.

(There's also the question of what Z-Crystal will replace Electrium-Z when Ash completes the Hokulani Observatory Trial, but I have a feeling he will probably meet Molayne and end up with the Steelium-Z.)

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I wonder if Ash will ever have access to Pikashunium Z,Decidium Z and Incinium Z judging how he already owns Electrium Z; for Decidium Z and Incinium Z in case he fully evolves his regional starters ofc.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I wonder if Ash will ever have access to Pikashunium Z,Decidium Z and Incinium Z judging how he already owns Electrium Z; for Decidium Z and Incinium Z in case he fully evolves his regional starters ofc.

I will be floored if Ash does not somehow get Pikashunium-Z or Pikanium-Z (the writers would be nuts not to show off one, if not both, of Pikachu's exclusive Z-moves), and I will be really surprised if he does not the exclusive Z-Crystal(s) for whichever of his starters fully evolves.

Now, how he gets those Z-Crystals is a different matter. I kind of expect Tapu Koko to gift Ash with Pikanium-Z or Pikashunium-Z (it kind of makes more sense than receiving it from a random Pikachu fanatic, the way you do in the games). As for the other two...

Perhaps he will receive Decidium-Z and/or Incinium-Z from Professor Kukui, as you do in the games, once Rowlet and/or Litten fully evolves.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Tapu Koko doesn't need to intervene in order for Ash to get the right Z-Crystals for his Pokémon from the Trials.
Why? In that way, Ash can get the right Z-crystals for his Pokemon. For example, if Ash got Fightinium-Z from Haka, then it would have been useless at that point. But as Tapu Koko replaced that with Electrium-Z, Ash can use it at the moment. Similarly, if Ash get a Z-crystal from a Totem/Kahuna which his Pokemon can't use, Tapu Koko can replace it with a Z-crystal that Ash's Pokemon can use. In this way, Ash's problems will be solved. What's wrong with Tapu Koko helping Ash out?
Pikachu - Electrium-Z
Rockruff - Rockium-Z
Decidueye (if Rowlet fully evolves) - Grassium-Z; Ghostium-Z
Incineroar (if Litten fully evolves) - Firium-Z; Darkinium-Z
I don't think that Ash will have all the Z-crystals of the 18 types but most of them, that's what I'll say in this regard.

I will be floored if Ash does not somehow get Pikashunium-Z or Pikanium-Z (the writers would be nuts not to show off one, if not both, of Pikachu's exclusive Z-moves), and I will be really surprised if he does not the exclusive Z-Crystal(s) for whichever of his starters fully evolves.[
I think that Tapu Koko would give Ash those exclusive crystals.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Why? In that way, Ash can get the right Z-crystals for his Pokemon. For example, if Ash got Fightinium-Z from Haka, then it would have been useless at that point. But as Tapu Koko replaced that with Electrium-Z, Ash can use it at the moment. Similarly, if Ash get a Z-crystal from a Totem/Kahuna which his Pokemon can't use, Tapu Koko can replace it with a Z-crystal that Ash's Pokemon can use. In this way, Ash's problems will be solved. What's wrong with Tapu Koko helping Ash out?

I already explained why Tapu Koko does not need to intervene in order for Ash to get the right Z-Crystals for his Pokémon. I even detailed which of Ash's Pokémon so far (both confirmed and nearly confirmed) would be able to use which Z-Crystals, and all of the Z-Crystals I mentioned are earned from Trials or Grand Trials. Also, I was specifically talking about the Trials and Grand Trials moving forward, not the two that have already happened.

345ash-greninja said:
I don't think that Ash will have all the Z-crystals of the 18 types but most of them, that's what I'll say in this regard.

I never said Ash would end up with all 18 Z-Crystals (nor did I insinuate that he would).

World Turtle

I'm going with a "Team Household Pet" theory for what Ash's captures will be. His team already consists of a mouse, a bird, a cat, and a dog. Beetles (Grubbin) are popular pets in Japan, Wimpod is based on an isopod (which is related to pill bugs AKA rollie-pollies), pet spiders (Dewpider) are also a thing. Though I only see him getting 1 of the water bugs.

Though we already have Pikachu for the mouse. Type wise Sandshrew (also known as the mouse pokemon) as an Ice Type would fit better with the Fire Cat, Rock Dog, and Grass Bird.

The Pet Theory aside I am nonetheless partial to Ash getting Sandyghast.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm going with a "Team Household Pet" theory for what Ash's captures will be. His team already consists of a mouse, a bird, a cat, and a dog. Beetles (Grubbin) are popular pets in Japan, Wimpod is based on an isopod (which is related to pill bugs AKA rollie-pollies), pet spiders (Dewpider) are also a thing. Though I only see him getting 1 of the water bugs.

Though we already have Pikachu for the mouse. Type wise Sandshrew (also known as the mouse pokemon) as an Ice Type would fit better with the Fire Cat, Rock Dog, and Grass Bird.

The Pet Theory aside I am nonetheless partial to Ash getting Sandyghast.

That theory is good.... only Jangmo-o and Passimian would kill that. And I find those two more likely to join Ash over the crab, which some people have as pets
....People own isopods?

And Sandyghast would be cool.... only it'd be sharing Ghost with Rowlet if he evolves. And Ground's not that different from Rock. And honestly, getting a Ghost type for the very first time wouldn't feel special if he got TWO of them in the same region.

johno1995

And Ground's not that different from Rock. And honestly, getting a Ghost type for the very first time wouldn't feel special if he got TWO of them in the same region.

To be fair, that is what they did with the Dark-type in Unova :p Though I do agree!

As much as I don't care for the Jangmo-o line, I acknowledge that I think it's very likely we will see Ash with one. I feel with the layout of Z-Crystals in-game it is likely he will get a Dragon-type. And the Jangmo-o line seems the most viable as I can't really see Ash with a Drampa... it'll be interesting to see this team progress and build, that's for sure.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Look at Ash catching dog Pokémon and soon to be cat Pokémon.

[img139]https://media.tenor.co/images/e717a6a0c6a0ddd7465b4155342bd633/tenor.gif[/img139]

There's no rush I guess. With Ash being stationed in Melemele Island, they can make him do the Akala trials in any episode when they fly him over. So they can focus on building up Rowlet and Rockruff up a bit first.

Rowlet doesn't need as much focus as Rockruff does IMO. Rowlet seems like he'll cruise along and remain as a gimmicky "cute" Pokemon, but who will also be just competent enough to give Ash some wins and not become Oshawott 3.0.

I think it'd be great to see Ash with this team:

- Pikachu
- Decidueye
- Lycanroc (Midday)
- Incineroar
- Kommo-o
- Alolan Sandslash

He'll have a fully evolved team sans Pikachu, all of his pokemon will be of different types (both primary and secondary), and they're all in various shapes and sizes and battling styles. That'll be ideal for me.

Otherwise, I could also see Crabominable (as Ash has had experience with crab-like pokemon so the writers could always go back to that route) and if he does catch Grubbin, eventually Vikavolt (which would be nice to see Ash with another electric type besides Pikachu). Guess time will tell. It'll definitely be awhile before we see Ash's next two captures as he hasn't even caught Litten yet.

World Turtle

That theory is good.... only Jangmo-o and Passimian would kill that. And I find those two more likely to join Ash over the crab, which some people have as pets
....People own isopods?

And Sandyghast would be cool.... only it'd be sharing Ghost with Rowlet if he evolves. And Ground's not that different from Rock. And honestly, getting a Ghost type for the very first time wouldn't feel special if he got TWO of them in the same region.

Well he got Krookodile and Scraggy together in Unova as his first Dark Types. So Ghost can double up as well.

kickachu

Momentai!
Here is my prediction in quite a while
Ash
1.Pikachu-done
2.Rowlet-Dartrix-Decidueye- Hope it evolves
3.Rockruff- Lycanroc- can see it evolving
4.Torracat-Incineroar- I believe before Litten gets caught it'll evolve and after it fully trusts ash he'll catch it and fully evolve which would make it the first starter he caught that didn't evolve under his command
5.Alonlan Sandslash- since ash catches a pokemon type which he never caught it's be his first steel type
6.Organuru- as a wild card

During the ultra beast saga I think Greninja will return due to near the end of each series some of ash's pokemon return by his side for example Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbsaur, Tauros, Heracross , Snorlax for the Johto league. Phanpy returned to ash before his first frontier battle and evolved same as Heracross, tauros, Bulbsaur , Charizard , and Squirtle for his frontier battle. Also for the sinnoh league cyndaquil evolved before it began and other pokemon got to battle such as Noctowl, Sceptile, Torkoal, heracross, Swellow. During the N arc charizard returned as a member of ash's unova team and in the end it joined oak's lab, finally kalos Goodra returned and even though it went back to the swamp it will be back someday "don't know when don't know where but I know Ash and Goodra will meet again some sunny day". Also since Greninja was in the games before the actual game was even out there is a good chance it could and if it goes to the lab after alola it'll be the first released pokemon to join the lab. what you guys think?

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Here is my prediction in quite a while
Ash
1.Pikachu-done
2.Rowlet-Dartrix-Decidueye- Hope it evolves
3.Rockruff- Lycanroc- can see it evolving
4.Torracat-Incineroar- I believe before Litten gets caught it'll evolve and after it fully trusts ash he'll catch it and fully evolve which would make it the first starter he caught that didn't evolve under his command
5.Alonlan Sandslash- since ash catches a pokemon type which he never caught it's be his first steel type
6.Organuru- as a wild card

During the ultra beast saga I think Greninja will return due to near the end of each series some of ash's pokemon return by his side for example Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbsaur, Tauros, Heracross , Snorlax for the Johto league. Phanpy returned to ash before his first frontier battle and evolved same as Heracross, tauros, Bulbsaur , Charizard , and Squirtle for his frontier battle. Also for the sinnoh league cyndaquil evolved before it began and other pokemon got to battle such as Noctowl, Sceptile, Torkoal, heracross, Swellow. During the N arc charizard returned as a member of ash's unova team and in the end it joined oak's lab, finally kalos Goodra returned and even though it went back to the swamp it will be back someday "don't know when don't know where but I know Ash and Goodra will meet again some sunny day". Also since Greninja was in the games before the actual game was even out there is a good chance it could and if it goes to the lab after alola it'll be the first released pokemon to join the lab. what you guys think?

Although anything can happen in anime, but i can't really see ash with oranguru. It will be a good addition to his team however. It can be snorlax 2.0.
But unlike some of other peoples, i don't think ash will skip the water type pokemon this time. So i will modify your prediction with dewpider in instead of oranguru.
It will be cherry on cake if he catches both.

World Turtle

I think Ash will get Pikachu + 6 Pokemon (one for each slot on the Z-Crystal). I think since Ash is staying at Kukui's and going to the school he can have all his Pokemon on hand or we'll at least see them at the house. He'll probably have to leave someone when he goes to take a trial though.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Based off what I'd prefer and what I expect? Ash will get Pikachu, Decidueye, Incineroar, Lycanroc, Araquanid and Kommo-o

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Based off what I'd prefer and what I expect? Ash will get Pikachu, Decidueye, Incineroar, Lycanroc, Araquanid and Kommo-o

If patterns are to be followed, i don't think he will get jangmo-o line this time. Ash has been given pseudo-legendary, whether temporary or permanently, in generations 2, 4 & 6, i.e. he hasn't yet got pseudo two generations in a row. So maybe he gets another pseudo in generation 8 only. However, writers can break the pattern any time.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I really don't want Ash to get another dragon tbh. They aren't handled well and most of the time ended up getting neglected :/....

Illusio

No words, only rage
The dragons would've been fine if a) they didn't usually come in late, or b) their development is horribly rushed for whatever reason. Both of those screw over a lot of Pokemon, but for some reason Ash's dragon get it the worst (especially you poor Noibat...).

If Jangmo-o is brought in around the second island it should be fine unless they pull a Phanpy or something.

Spyro39

Goodra did end up being fleshed out for character development during its time with Ash. It just got poorly treated during the Kalos League and Team Flare arc. Noibat/Noivern on the other hand, was sadly taking a backseat for the character development of Ash's Greninja.

If Ash ever did catch Jangmo-o, let's hope that it isn't taking a backseat to one of Ash's more prominent Alola Pokemon (I'm predicting Rowlet or Litten...).

Status
Not open for further replies.