• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah, the dragons being treated terrible thing is why I actually want Jangmo-o. He can be treated right, he has a dual type that would actually be USEFUL and add something NEW to the team unlike poor Noivern.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
The dragons would've been fine if a) they didn't usually come in late, or b) their development is horribly rushed for whatever reason. Both of those screw over a lot of Pokemon, but for some reason Ash's dragon get it the worst (especially you poor Noibat...).

If Jangmo-o is brought in around the second island it should be fine unless they pull a Phanpy or something.

Even if ash is getting jangmo-o, i really doubt he will get it at the second island. I can't see ash getting it before third island.
And that too is not that late for getting development. If writers want, they can give jangmo-o its time and it can evolve once at the end too.
I think this would be enough for proper treatment of dragon as late capture.

nickdt

I hope not that he gets Jangmo-o. Not for the thing that its is a Dragon type, but more for the thing that its a Fighting type. I feel like they have to skip fighting this region, since he has gotten it three regions back-to-back, while Ghost, Psychic, Steel are neglected. They need to focus on him getting those first.

DavidD001

@nickdt You forgot about Fairy in the type listing for Ash that he has not gotten yet.

But I do agree that hopefully Ash will atleast get his first Ghost-type this region via Rowlet evolving all the way into Decidueye though then he would just need a pokemon for the following...

-Psychic type
-Steel type
-Fairy type
-Genderless
-Female only
-Legendary or Mythical
-Has not Mega Evolved any pokemon

nickdt

@nickdt You forgot about Fairy in the type listing for Ash that he has not gotten yet.

But I do agree that hopefully Ash will atleast get his first Ghost-type this region via Rowlet evolving all the way into Decidueye though then he would just need a pokemon for the following...

-Psychic type
-Steel type
-Fairy type
-Genderless
-Female only
-Legendary or Mythical

It was intentional not putting the Fairy in, since its a new typing that exist only for 2 generation now. I feel like they have to focus at least on one of the three i mentioned before focusing on the Fairy typing, although i am not against Fairy happening in the same region that he gets Ghost or one of the other two like in Unova, were he got Rock and Dark.

Legendary and Genderless can be paired i feel, since most legendaries are genderless. But i have always felt and thought Ash would eventually (Last episode of the anime) get the Ho-Oh he first saw on his journey to complete the circle.

I doubt the female only will happen, since that will cause huge controversy (People are now already against feminine looking Pokemon for Ash), but i will not be against it at all.

DavidD001

It was intentional not putting the Fairy in, since its a new typing that exist only for 2 generation now. I feel like they have to focus at least on one of the three i mentioned before focusing on the Fairy typing, although i am not against Fairy happening in the same region that he gets Ghost or one of the other two like in Unova, were he got Rock and Dark.

Legendary and Genderless can be paired i feel, since most legendaries are genderless. But i have always felt and thought Ash would eventually (Last episode of the anime) get the Ho-Oh he first saw on his journey to complete the circle.

I doubt the female only will happen, since that will cause huge controversy (People are now already against feminine looking Pokemon for Ash), but i will not be against it at all.

well if specific gender only pokemon are a huge controversy then what about Ash's 30 Tauros which can only be Male yet no one really says anything about that.
its huge gender discrimination if people are okay with Male only pokemon for Ash but not Female only/feminine pokemon for Ash.
If Ash is allowed 30 Male only pokemon then he should be allowed to have some pokemon that are Female only.
Female pokemon can be just as strong as Male pokemon if not stronger as that was shown during Unova when Ash's FEMALE Unfezant was stronger than Skyla's MALE Unfezant.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

-Psychic type
-Steel type
-Fairy type
-Genderless
-Female only
-Legendary or Mythical

If he hadn't gotten a Rockruff, I'd think Minior would've been a good idea for a genderless Pokemon. He won't be getting one this generation because the only other example is Dhelmise, who has the literal same type as Decidueye. He's not getting female only because Pikachu is male and always part of his team. If they want to add one of the other three types, an Alola Sandshrew/Sandslash may be a good example, and it would be fitting that if he gets an Alolan Pokemon it is the counterpart to Lillie's Vulpix.

nickdt

well if specific gender only pokemon are a huge controversy then what about Ash's 30 Tauros which can only be Male yet no one really says anything about that.
its huge gender discrimination if people are okay with Male only pokemon for Ash but not Female only/feminine pokemon for Ash.
If Ash is allowed 30 Male only pokemon then he should be allowed to have some pokemon that are Female only.
Female pokemon can be just as strong as Male pokemon if not stronger as that was shown during Unova when Ash's FEMALE Unfezant was stronger than Skyla's MALE Unfezant.

True. I don't mind at all.

If he hadn't gotten a Rockruff, I'd think Minior would've been a good idea for a genderless Pokemon. He won't be getting one this generation because the only other example is Dhelmise, who has the literal same type as Decidueye. He's not getting female only because Pikachu is male and always part of his team. If they want to add one of the other three types, an Alola Sandshrew/Sandslash may be a good example, and it would be fitting that if he gets an Alolan Pokemon it is the counterpart to Lillie's Vulpix.

Can you please amplify? I don't understand what you are trying to say.

On Topic: I think Mooland should stay at Kukui's place. Kukui is currently without a (partner)Pokemon and it can guard the house, a thing Iwanko was supposed to be doing.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

On Topic: I think Mooland should stay at Kukui's place. Kukui is currently without a (partner)Pokemon and it can guard the house, a thing Iwanko was supposed to be doing.

I think that would be the best situation!!

TheHumanPokedex

So its been a while since I've been on the forum but let me just say YES! I didn't think they'd actually have Kukui give Ash his Rockruff but they did and I am beyond happy. I have wanted Ash to have a dog pokemon for the longest time. It'll most likely evolve into Lycanroc Midday Form if it evolves at all and I can't wait til that day. Now all we need is Litten and for Ash to Start traveling the rest of Alola.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

This would make sense.. Count me in.. :D

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
They actually let Ash have a fan favourite...

Well, it was, right up until it's stats and movepool were released LOL.

Still glad he caught it. I'm tempted to go and make my own Midnight form now.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
They actually let Ash have a fan favourite...

Well, it was, right up until it's stats and movepool were released LOL.

Still glad he caught it. I'm tempted to go and make my own Midnight form now.

Any particular reason why Midnight?

As for it's stats and movepool, I think it's movepool for the animé is very workable. They made Rock Throw to look how Stone Edge looked back in DP, which I think is a nice touch. I hope it gets the following moves:

- Rock Throw: The non-contact physical STAB. I kinda hoped it would look like it does, so if it learns Stone Edge, I hope it kinda keeps the same feel in this series.
- Accelerock: The contact physical STAB.
- Snarl: The Special-based coverage move.
- Bite -> Fire Fang: The Physical-based coverage move.

As for what I hope Decidueye could get:
- Leaf Blade: Contact physical STAB.
- Energy Ball: Special-based STAB.
- Spirit Shackle: Non-contact secondary STAB.
- Brave Bird/Acrobatics: Physical-based coverage move.

Or, instead of Energy Ball, they could go for Ominous Wind as a Special-based secondary STAB. Or just Shadow Ball, because it's easy to animate.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Any particular reason why Midnight?

As for it's stats and movepool, I think it's movepool for the animé is very workable. They made Rock Throw to look how Stone Edge looked back in DP, which I think is a nice touch. I hope it gets the following moves:

- Rock Throw: The non-contact physical STAB. I kinda hoped it would look like it does, so if it learns Stone Edge, I hope it kinda keeps the same feel in this series.
- Accelerock: The contact physical STAB.
- Snarl: The Special-based coverage move.
- Bite -> Fire Fang: The Physical-based coverage move.

As for what I hope Decidueye could get:
- Leaf Blade: Contact physical STAB.
- Energy Ball: Special-based STAB.
- Spirit Shackle: Non-contact secondary STAB.
- Brave Bird/Acrobatics: Physical-based coverage move.

Or, instead of Energy Ball, they could go for Ominous Wind as a Special-based secondary STAB. Or just Shadow Ball, because it's easy to animate.

Midnight's cooler IMO (and I can have No Guard Stone Edge, well aware Midday is just flat out better usually)

An elemental fang would be cool to see, bringing Egg moves in. Maybe Sucker Punch (since it's a poorly translated from Surprise Attack or something to that effect).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash had a great capture in Rockruff today. It truly is very close to Ash and truly has the drive to become stronger. I'm sure it will become one of Ash's greatest Pokemon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Ash had a great capture in Rockruff today. It truly is very close to Ash and truly has the drive to become stronger. I'm sure it will become one of Ash's greatest Pokemon.

it better be! and it better evolve too! I'm still getting over Kukui not keeping the damn thing. Kukui better get another little buddy now!

TheHumanPokedex

Does anyone think it'll evolve similar to the games where it leaves and comes back evolved, defeating either Team Rocket or the enemy pokemon if the day? Or do you think they will have Ash find it and then it evolves in order to save Ash?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
it better be! and it better evolve too! I'm still getting over Kukui not keeping the damn thing. Kukui better get another little buddy now!

Oh common, Rockruff was always close to Ash, plus it's one of the most popular Pokemon of Gen 7, the main protagonist having it is absolutely perfect! The writers would have done it really poor if they didn't give Ash Rockruff, and I'm so glad that didn't happen!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh common, Rockruff was always close to Ash, plus it's one of the most popular Pokemon of Gen 7, the main protagonist having it is absolutely perfect! The writers would have done it really poor if they didn't give Ash Rockruff, and I'm so glad that didn't happen!

but that doesn't mean Kukui should be left with no pokemon! Kukui is my fav that's basically the main reason I wanted him to keep Rockruff instead of Ash :p now what pokemon shall they give him now?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.