• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Does anyone think it'll evolve similar to the games where it leaves and comes back evolved, defeating either Team Rocket or the enemy pokemon if the day? Or do you think they will have Ash find it and then it evolves in order to save Ash?

I've been predicting for awhile that Rockruff would evolve in a manner similar to the games, where it leaves overnight and comes back evolved. I predict it will happen one evening after Ash and Rockruff had an argument (perhaps by that point, Rockruff has started to become rebellious). Ash spends most of the night searching in vain for Rockruff, and is completely distraught over it. The next morning, Ash and his friends are attacked, and a Lycanroc pops out of nowhere to knock away the attackers, and Ash realizes his Rockruff evolved.

Everything12

Which form does everyone think Rockruff will evolve into and why.

I personally think it will be Midday: One unlike Midnight it has an exclusive move in Accelerock to show off, two it's Moon Pokedex entry is
When properly raised from a young age, it will become a trustworthy partner that will absolutely never betray its Trainer.
and this fits how Ash treats his Pokemon with respect and his Pokemon give it in return, and three Midnight's Pokedex entry's paints it as a bloodthirsty Pokemon I don't see Ash having.
Sun: The more intimidating the opponent it faces, the more this Pokémon's blood boils. It will attack with no regard for its own safety. Moon: It goads its enemies into attacking, withstands the hits, and in return, delivers a headbutt, crushing their bones with its rocky mane.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I personally think it will be Midday: One unlike Midnight it has an exclusive move in Accelerock to show off, two it's Moon Pokedex entry is and this fits how Ash treats his Pokemon with respect and his Pokemon give it in return, and three Midnight's Pokedex entry's paints it as a bloodthirsty Pokemon I don't see Ash having.

This. Exactly this are the reasons I think that Ash's Rockruff will evolve into Midday Lysanroc. It's Pokedex entries exactly fits Ash's bond with his Pokemon.

gliscor&yanmega

I personally think it will be Midday: One unlike Midnight it has an exclusive move in Accelerock to show off, two it's Moon Pokedex entry is and this fits how Ash treats his Pokemon with respect and his Pokemon give it in return, and three Midnight's Pokedex entry's paints it as a bloodthirsty Pokemon I don't see Ash having.

I imagine it would be Midday as well(Mainly because of Olivia). I'm fine with whichever he gets(Although I would prefer Midnight due to it's evil look) if Rockruff evolves(Which I imagine it will). Glad he got it regardless, believe it's his second Rock type after Boldore, so that's nice. Plus it's my favorite of Gen 7.

I imagine they may hold off on Ash getting Litten now, especially since it would be the episode right after and there's no real indication he has it in any following episodes. Wouldn't mind a Sandile type deal where Ash catches it as a Torracat, although it should show up more as a Litten in that case.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Midday for the reasons you stated, although either form is fine with me. I like both Lycanroc forms about equally. :)

I have a question, as well. Specifically what episode do you think Ash will catch Litten?

Maybe I'll record these, just to see who's right.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Midday for the reasons you stated, although either form is fine with me. I like both Lycanroc forms about equally. :)

I have a question, as well. Specifically what episode do you think Ash will catch Litten?

Maybe I'll record these, just to see who's right.

I think that depends on whether ash and litten interact in SM 16 or not. If they interact in this episode, i think litten will most probably be caught in its next focus episode which will be around SM 24-25. However, if they don't interact in this episode, then its gonna take two more episodes of litten to get captured.

ShadowForce720

I think that depends on whether ash and litten interact in SM 16 or not. If they interact in this episode, i think litten will most probably be caught in its next focus episode which will be around SM 24-25. However, if they don't interact in this episode, then its gonna take two more episodes of litten to get captured.

I think it also depends on how long the writers want to drag the whole Litten development before it's capture thing out, if they don't want to drag it out for much longer then I could see Ash getting Litten episode wise in the 20's or 30's now on the other hand if they really want to drag it out and I know some people here will hate this but it is possible that Litten might not even get caught until the 50's or 60's episode wise and if that's the case then I wouldn't be that surprised if Ash gets a pokemon before Litten as a 3rd capture.

MattySadler

I've never really been a big fan of Ash getting pet-based Pokemon. One such example is Growlithe, I've seen people say "Growlithe suits Ash" and "Ash should've caught a Growlithe", and I've completely disagreed. I don't think Growlithe suits Ash at all, personally, same with Houndour, etc. I've always put this down to people just liking Growlithe and Houndour, as opposed to genuinely thinking that they suit Ash.

However... I'm really happy with Rockruff. I was unsure with Rockruff at first, but I really enjoyed its capture episode and thought it was great. I'm not sure which of its two evolutions I'd actually prefer, but I'm really interested to see where they go with it. As well as this, since its anime debut, I've been won around by Litten, and I never thought I'd find myself saying that in the beginning. When the three starters were first revealed I absolutely hated Litten as a "Starter Pokemon", although I quite liked its final form (second form isn't bad, but nothing special). Since seeing it in the anime I really like the story surrounding it, and like Rockruff I think it has potential to be very interesting. I'm all for Ash catching Litten now, if it happens.

I had grown a little disinterested in this series already, which was a worry, but the capture of Rockruff has, for want of a better term, "captured" my interest again! I'm looking forward to seeing who Ash gets next, though, as some may recall me saying before though, I'm stumped as to what else Ash could catch.

I think the ship has probably sailed on the Pikipek and Grubbin lines now. I don't think Mareanie, Mudbray, Dewpider, Oranguru, Wimpod or Minior suit Ash. I quite like Crabrawler, Passimian and Jangmo-o. I like Sandygast as well but I'm not confident about Ash getting one, likewise Alolan Sandshrew. I'm reserving judgement on Drampa until I've seen it animated.

ShadowForce720

I've never really been a big fan of Ash getting pet-based Pokemon. One such example is Growlithe, I've seen people say "Growlithe suits Ash" and "Ash should've caught a Growlithe", and I've completely disagreed. I don't think Growlithe suits Ash at all, personally, same with Houndour, etc. I've always put this down to people just liking Growlithe and Houndour, as opposed to genuinely thinking that they suit Ash.

However... I'm really happy with Rockruff. I was unsure with Rockruff at first, but I really enjoyed its capture episode and thought it was great. I'm not sure which of its two evolutions I'd actually prefer, but I'm really interested to see where they go with it. As well as this, since its anime debut, I've been won around by Litten, and I never thought I'd find myself saying that in the beginning. When the three starters were first revealed I absolutely hated Litten as a "Starter Pokemon", although I quite liked its final form (second form isn't bad, but nothing special). Since seeing it in the anime I really like the story surrounding it, and like Rockruff I think it has potential to be very interesting. I'm all for Ash catching Litten now, if it happens.

I had grown a little disinterested in this series already, which was a worry, but the capture of Rockruff has, for want of a better term, "captured" my interest again! I'm looking forward to seeing who Ash gets next, though, as some may recall me saying before though, I'm stumped as to what else Ash could catch.

I think the ship has probably sailed on the Pikipek and Grubbin lines now. I don't think Mareanie, Mudbray, Dewpider, Oranguru, Wimpod or Minior suit Ash. I quite like Crabrawler, Passimian and Jangmo-o. I like Sandygast as well but I'm not confident about Ash getting one, likewise Alolan Sandshrew. I'm reserving judgement on Drampa until I've seen it animated.

Pikipek, given Rowlet's back story yeah that ship has probably sailed, however it is too soon to try to rule out Grubbin, considering Litten hasn't even been caught yet, it would be one thing if Ash had Rowlet, Rockruff and Litten right now and then caught something that wasn't Grubbin and that wasn't hinted at then if you want to say the ship for Grubbin has sailed then, okay, however Ash hasn't even gotten Litten yet, nor has he yet to capture a pokemon that hasn't been hinted at yet, so no the ship hasn't sailed for Grubbin yet, it is still possible that Ash could get a Grubbin.

Look just because Grubbin wasn't Ash's 2nd capture doesn't mean that Ash can't get it, it could still be his 3rd or 4th capture, now if the 4th capture isn't Grubbin and Ash still doesn't have Grubbin by then okay, then at that point I would agree that he probably won't get it, however Ash hasn't even got Litten yet, and so far all of his captures have been pokemon that have been hinted at that might wind up joining Ash's team, so no Grubbin can't be ruled out yet.

Last edited:

DatsRight

I can see them holding off Litten for a while after getting Rockruff, especially since, like Rowlet, Rockruff was another easier counterpart, it's a wild Pokemon that just by reflex became loyal to Ash.

A dog fits Ash quite well (though that's not saying much, a cute dog would fit James, pretty much any trainer whose Pokemon team are defined by affection and loyalty). One that actually suffers a personality crisis later on also makes it interesting since it will hopefully show how prevailing Ash is as a trainer. It's obvious why it took now for Kukui to decide Rockruff suited him, he was loyal to his Pokemon even more so than vice versa.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I have literally never seen anyone say that Growlithe or Houndour suit Ash...

I don't think they do personally probably necauae i always associate Growlithe more with Officer Jenny. And Houndour looks too evil IMO.

Grey Wind

I'm leaning towards midday, because I feel like it's more marketable and more of a traditional Ash Pokemon. Midnight seems a bit evil or something.

I'd prefer midday personally though, so maybe I'm just biased.

http://www.ezimba.com/work/170224C/ezimba19853778864600.png

If this is anything to go by Grubbin could still be a possibility
Why? Grubbin and Pikipek look like random choices they included, I don't think it points towards anything.

Janovy

Banned
It's far from random given how Pikipek represents the typical regional bird Ash always gets (and people expected Ash to get) and Grubbin is caught by Ash in the opening and Ash already tried to catch it once (and some still think Ash will get it).

I don't think he will get either of those, but the choice of these Pokemon is far from random. If it were random, they would have put something like Gumshoos and Raticate.

MattySadler

Pikipek, given Rowlet's back story yeah that ship has probably sailed, however it is too soon to try to rule out Grubbin, considering Litten hasn't even been caught yet, it would be one thing if Ash had Rowlet, Rockruff and Litten right now and then caught something that wasn't Grubbin and that wasn't hinted at then if you want to say the ship for Grubbin has sailed then, okay, however Ash hasn't even gotten Litten yet, nor has he yet to capture a pokemon that hasn't been hinted at yet, so no the ship hasn't sailed for Grubbin yet, it is still possible that Ash could get a Grubbin.

Look just because Grubbin wasn't Ash's 2nd capture doesn't mean that Ash can't get it, it could still be his 3rd or 4th capture, now if the 4th capture isn't Grubbin and Ash still doesn't have Grubbin by then okay, then at that point I would agree that he probably won't get it, however Ash hasn't even got Litten yet, and so far all of his captures have been pokemon that have been hinted at that might wind up joining Ash's team, so no Grubbin can't be ruled out yet.

Do you think Ash will get Grubbin, yes/no?

I have literally never seen anyone say that Growlithe or Houndour suit Ash...

I don't think they do personally probably necauae i always associate Growlithe more with Officer Jenny. And Houndour looks too evil IMO.

Well if the all-seeing, all-knowing Golden_Latias hasn't seen it, then it can't possibly be true...

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The fact that Litten was one of the choices suggests it wasn't random. They were probably chosen based on people's expectations. I don't think they're really hinting at anything, though.

MattySadler said:
Well if the all-seeing, all-knowing Golden_Latias hasn't seen it, then it can't possibly be true...
That was uncalled for. I never said I don't believe you, just that I've never seen anyone say that. Jeez...

MattySadler

The fact that Litten was one of the choices suggests it wasn't random. They were probably chosen based on people's expectations. I don't think they're really hinting at anything, though.

That was uncalled for. I never said I don't believe you, just that I've never seen anyone say that. Jeez...

I apologise.

Check the first few pages of the "If You Were In Charge Of The Anime" thread though, and you'll see multiple people suggesting Growlithe4Ash.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I apologise.

Check the first few pages of the "If You Were In Charge Of The Anime" thread though, and you'll see multiple people suggesting Growlithe4Ash.

Are they delusional? The chances of Ash getting a Growlithe were always near zero. Nearly every Officer Jenny has one, Gary has his Arcanine, and the twerps never share Pokemon with Team Rocket (Wurmple notwithstanding because it branches).

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Are they delusional? The chances of Ash getting a Growlithe were always near zero. Nearly every Officer Jenny has one, Gary has his Arcanine, and the twerps never share Pokemon with Team Rocket (Wurmple notwithstanding because it branches).
Not to mention the fact that Ash already had Charmander as a Fire type.

I apologise.

Don't worry about it. :) Stuff on the Internet often comes across the wrong way. I should be apologizing, if anything.

I do agree that anyone who wanted Growlithe for Ash probably only wanted it because they like Arcanine. That's natural. We all want our favorite Pokemon well-represented in the anime hence my insistence that we see Primarina owned by an anime-only rival . But yeah, there has to be a fine line between that and being realistic.

Also, wow, a lot of those sound like bad fanfiction lol.

DavidD001

If he hadn't gotten a Rockruff, I'd think Minior would've been a good idea for a genderless Pokemon. He won't be getting one this generation because the only other example is Dhelmise, who has the literal same type as Decidueye. He's not getting female only because Pikachu is male and always part of his team. If they want to add one of the other three types, an Alola Sandshrew/Sandslash may be a good example, and it would be fitting that if he gets an Alolan Pokemon it is the counterpart to Lillie's Vulpix.

what does a Female only pokemon have to do with Pikachu?
there are males & females of the Pikachu line.
Decidueye is the best way we're gonna see Ash with a Ghost-type.
I don't see Ash getting any of the 7th Gen Alolan Form versions of Gen 1 pokemon.

Going by the pokemon that are Female only that were brought into Gen 7...
-Bounsweet line....taken by Mallow due to obvious reason
-Salazzle...it is a Female only evolution from a species that has a 1 in 8 chance of finding a Female

the Bounsweet line & Salazzle are the only lines that are either full female or has a Female only evolution that was added in.

Status
Not open for further replies.