• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutiefly suits Mallow or Lillie honestly. I just can't see that as an option for Ash so long as Wimpod is on the table.
Can't see it with James either.

I'm thinking that either won't be with the group at all and be advertised as a side-Pokemon in ep18 while it's evolution is maybe showcased with a character like Mina later, or like you said, either Mallow or Lillie. I'm personally leaning to Lillie in this scenario, since she has a more battle-orientated style of doing things since (at least people claim this) she's been taking a few things from Ash in her way of doing things.

Red and Blue

So what do you guys want for Gladion's team? Do you think it will be identical to his game one?

ShadowForce720

So what do you guys want for Gladion's team? Do you think it will be identical to his game one?

Well if his team did wind up being identical to his in game team then at least we get to see Porygon-Z finally get a debut in the main anime.lol

Now if his team like I'm thinking is going to have pokemon on it that he didn't have from the game then depending on if we get any other rivals for Ash then I think it would be nice to see this as his team:

Gladion's team:
Silvally
Lycanroc(which ever form Ash did not get)
Alolan Persian

then for the 3 remain slots on his team I could see him having some past gen pokemon, or he could have some more gen 7 pokemon. Of course I could see some pokemon that Ash didn't wind up belonging to Gladion or another rival for instance if Ash doesn't get a Jangmo-o then I could see Gladion or another rival having a Kommo-o. hmm I think chances are though that Gladion probably will have a past gen mon or two on his team and that some gen 7 pokemon that Ash and Gladion don't use wind up on another rivals team.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

If he has Sneasel, Lucario, and Sivally, I'll be happy.
Lucario mostly to spite the species haters, even though it's my overall favorite Pokemon.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
And how is that?
If you can't comprehend that there's more Bug Pokemon this generation then Pokemon left for Ash to capture then I dunno what to tell you. If Ash capture's Grubbin or Minior (both acceptable Pokemon for Ash) then he's already gonna overlap. Mubray or Crawbrawler are the only Pokemon left that could prevent any form of overlap unless Ash doesn't get a Water type (aka the only Water Pokemon suitable for Land left are both Bug types). Unless you're of the belief that Rowlet won't evolve into Decidueye and Ash captures Sandygast or if you believe Ash will capture Drampa. But if the Kalos region made any form of pinpoint about small dexes, Ash is almost always assured to capture Pokemon with high base Speed or Pokemon with the capability to bend reality can fool us into thinking it's fast (aka Vikavolt since its flies).

2 way street here, I have to stretch just as much as you do, only I have some semblance of making sense while you have to make jumps : )

DavidD001

The second preview for the next episode is making me feel pretty uneasy. Its looking like Litten might go with Team Rocket.
It seems that Meowth is giving Litten a choice of either join Team Rocket or let his friends get hurt.
I hope that Litten doesn't go to Team Rocket as Litten turns its head towards Rowlet & Popplio who have shaking eyes as they are looking at Litten after Meowth gives Litten the choices.
I'm hoping it is a trick that Litten is going to do by making sure his new friends get away safely before running away.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The second preview for the next episode is making me feel pretty uneasy. Its looking like Litten might go with Team Rocket.
It seems that Meowth is giving Litten a choice of either join Team Rocket or let his friends get hurt.
I hope that Litten doesn't go to Team Rocket as Litten turns its head towards Rowlet & Popplio who have shaking eyes as they are looking at Litten after Meowth gives Litten the choices.
I'm hoping it is a trick that Litten is going to do by making sure his new friends get away safely before running away.

Team Rocket getting a starter is pretty much impossible. The starters are only distributed between the main cast, and judging from SM007, it's pretty much evident that the writers a setting up between Ash and Litten- Ash interacted with Litten a lot in that episode. Rowlet and Litten interacting with Litten is a further implication that Litten will go to the main cast. It doesn't seem at all that Litten will go to TR.

DavidD001

Team Rocket getting a starter is pretty much impossible. The starters are only distributed between the main cast, and judging from SM007, it's pretty much evident that the writers a setting up between Ash and Litten- Ash interacted with Litten a lot in that episode. Rowlet and Litten interacting with Litten is a further implication that Litten will go to the main cast. It doesn't seem at all that Litten will go to TR.

Well go watch the 2nd preview for the next episode then say something.
here is the new preview...
Litten going to Team Rocket?

I know that the starters traditionally go to Ash & his friends but since everyone talks about patterns breaking then Team Rocket getting a starter in the region they are in would prove that very thing.
I am hoping that Litten is going to trick Team Rocket as I do not want Litten going to Team Rocket.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I know that the starters traditionally go to Ash & his friends but since everyone talks about patterns breaking then Team Rocket getting a starter in the region they are in would prove that very thing.
I am hoping that Litten is going to trick Team Rocket as I do not want Litten going to Team Rocket.

I watched it. There's nothing to suggest that Litten is going to TR. TR might be persuading it, but that doesn't mean anyway that Litten will join them. And even if does, happen somehow, I believe that it will be just temporary.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
They're baiting you to think that it's going with Team Rocket. They pull this kind of stuff all the time, especially with Team Rocket leaving for good and such.

DavidD001

Well I'm just hoping that Litten tricks Team Rocket before it joins Ash as it would work extremely well with him and wanting to get very strong.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
If you can't comprehend that there's more Bug Pokemon this generation then Pokemon left for Ash to capture then I dunno what to tell you. If Ash capture's Grubbin or Minior (both acceptable Pokemon for Ash) then he's already gonna overlap. Mubray or Crawbrawler are the only Pokemon left that could prevent any form of overlap unless Ash doesn't get a Water type (aka the only Water Pokemon suitable for Land left are both Bug types). Unless you're of the belief that Rowlet won't evolve into Decidueye and Ash captures Sandygast or if you believe Ash will capture Drampa. But if the Kalos region made any form of pinpoint about small dexes, Ash is almost always assured to capture Pokemon with high base Speed or Pokemon with the capability to bend reality can fool us into thinking it's fast (aka Vikavolt since its flies).

2 way street here, I have to stretch just as much as you do, only I have some semblance of making sense while you have to make jumps : )

I am not saying that ash cannot get overlapped types. In fact, he is having overlapping types since DP. What i want to say is that even if you ignore alolan form pokemon, there are still few possible ways which could avoid the overlapping. We cannot just assume that ash is bound to get overlapped types.

It seems that you are deliberately narrowing the list of available pokemon which can be caught by ash. Ash already has three pokemon in his team and considering litten, it just leaves us with two empty slots. And out of the two remaining slots, one can possibly be taken by a water type pokemon. Agreed, the only water type suitable for ash are also part bug type pokemon, but we still have many pokemon left for the last slot which are not bug or any other type which can cause overlapping. Like crabrawler, mudbray, jangmo-o. Don't forget oranguru.

If we assume that just like kalos, ash fully evolves all his pokemon, then even a pikipek could avoid type overlapping since decidueye is not flying type. And why are you trying to rule out drampa? If he can catch a goodra in kalos, why can't he get a drampa in alola. I don't want to see ash with drampa, however.

If you are stretching unnecessary, ruling out the possible captures, then such stretching doesn't makes sense. : )

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

I don't think it's going to happen. We've seen Litten show its more cunning side before, back when it tricked Ash and stole his sandwich. I assume it's just playing along to save Rowlet and Popplio and get away from TR.

Also, don't forget that Litten is still with Ash in the opening. Not TR. If TR were to get Litten in spite of it being with Ash in the opening, well... that would be misleading. Even moreso than Grubbin.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I am not saying that ash cannot get overlapped types. In fact, he is having overlapping types since DP. What i want to say is that even if you ignore alolan form pokemon, there are still few possible ways which could avoid the overlapping. We cannot just assume that ash is bound to get overlapped types.

It seems that you are deliberately narrowing the list of available pokemon which can be caught by ash. Ash already has three pokemon in his team and considering litten, it just leaves us with two empty slots. And out of the two remaining slots, one can possibly be taken by a water type pokemon. Agreed, the only water type suitable for ash are also part bug type pokemon, but we still have many pokemon left for the last slot which are not bug or any other type which can cause overlapping. Like crabrawler, mudbray, jangmo-o. Don't forget oranguru.

If we assume that just like kalos, ash fully evolves all his pokemon, then even a pikipek could avoid type overlapping since decidueye is not flying type. And why are you trying to rule out drampa? If he can catch a goodra in kalos, why can't he get a drampa in alola. I don't want to see ash with drampa, however.

If you are stretching unnecessary, ruling out the possible captures, then such stretching doesn't makes sense. : )
Because unless you believe Mallow, Lana, Sopholces, and Kiawe all will only end up having 1 Pokemon each, they too need to have Pokemon to capture and assuming Ash isn't allowed to capture Pokemon used by Team Skull, like usual with most villainous teams bar Corphish during the Hoenn region, then that cuts the list down even further. And assuming Ash has any form of rival, that also puts a strong hindrance on available Pokemon unless they want doubles roaming around. I'm pretty much inclined to believe Mudbray is going the way of Skiddo did in Kalos, especially since Happu's main Pokemon is Mudsdale, like Gogoat was Ramos. Crawbrawler is up for debate, but Hala's left much to be desired and it doesn't even resemble much of a mobile Pokemon in the slightest which Ash has almost no true success with.

Overlapping isn't an issue, suggesting it will probably happen might be going to far, but presenting the possibly that it could happen isn't. An Alolan form could cure that, but there is a small chance that could also lead to an overlap. Then again, maybe this is the second time Ash goes through a region with less then 6 Pokemon.

The last episode has left a bad taste in my mouth about Lugarugan. Hopefully there is one more form as rumored.

Apart from that I am also hoping for Ash to get Alolan-Sandshrew aka Aloshrew. It can be a nice addition to the team and Aloslash using Icicle Crash with the spikes on its back would be fun to watch. It might be a little slow but it does bring steel type to the table.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Because unless you believe Mallow, Lana, Sopholces, and Kiawe all will only end up having 1 Pokemon each, they too need to have Pokemon to capture and assuming Ash isn't allowed to capture Pokemon used by Team Skull, like usual with most villainous teams bar Corphish during the Hoenn region, then that cuts the list down even further. And assuming Ash has any form of rival, that also puts a strong hindrance on available Pokemon unless they want doubles roaming around. I'm pretty much inclined to believe Mudbray is going the way of Skiddo did in Kalos, especially since Happu's main Pokemon is Mudsdale, like Gogoat was Ramos. Crawbrawler is up for debate, but Hala's left much to be desired and it doesn't even resemble much of a mobile Pokemon in the slightest which Ash has almost no true success with.

Overlapping isn't an issue, suggesting it will probably happen might be going to far, but presenting the possibly that it could happen isn't. An Alolan form could cure that, but there is a small chance that could also lead to an overlap. Then again, maybe this is the second time Ash goes through a region with less then 6 Pokemon.

I think companions are not an issue. They could get other pokemon which ash hasn't. Like cutiefly, grubbin, minior etc.
They could even get pokemon from previous generations.

But still, the number of pokemon introduced in alola is very less, that too include legendaries and ultra beasts. I don't think ash will catch any ultra beast either. So, even if ash gets any alolan form pokemon, i don't think he would get more than 5 pokemon excluding pikachu.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think companions are not an issue. They could get other pokemon which ash hasn't. Like cutiefly, grubbin, minior etc.
They could even get pokemon from previous generations.
Yeah, it's definitely possible that they can get Pokemon from previous generations, that has happened before. But one thing I'd like to say that with a huge cast(the primary reason) and some non-Pokemon oriented goals, I can't see them getting too many Pokemon. At best, I can see them getting one more Pokemon each, that's it.

But still, the number of pokemon introduced in alola is very less, that too include legendaries and ultra beasts. I don't think ash will catch any ultra beast either. So, even if ash gets any alolan form pokemon, i don't think he would get more than 5 pokemon excluding pikachu.
I also have a feeling that Ash probably won't catch more than 5 Pokemon in Alola but I really hope that he gets one or two extra Pokemon- in my opinion, that'll give him more options.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Yeah, it's definitely possible that they can get Pokemon from previous generations, that has happened before. But one thing I'd like to say that with a huge cast(the primary reason) and some non-Pokemon oriented goals, I can't see them getting too many Pokemon. At best, I can see them getting one more Pokemon each, that's it.

I also have a feeling that Ash probably won't catch more than 5 Pokemon in Alola but I really hope that he gets one or two extra Pokemon- in my opinion, that'll give him more options.

I would like to see at least one on screen capture by each of the companions. Whether that pokemon is new or alolan form or from previous generation doesn't matter. Additionally, characters like kiawe, we could expect him to have at least one pokemon already as reserve which he reveals later, much like iris revealed her excadrill.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I would like to see at least one on screen capture by each of the companions. Whether that pokemon is new or alolan form or from previous generation doesn't matter. Additionally, characters like kiawe, we could expect him to have at least one pokemon already as reserve which he reveals later, much like iris revealed her excadrill.

I hope they don't do that, I hate it when they reveal that they already have a second pokemon yet they haven't used them for a while, I mean it wouldn't be so bad here, since the pokemon could easily be left at his house (but then Ash should have met it when he visited), but when it came to Iris for example, all those times they sat down together and fed the groups pokemon, and they didn't show Excadrill, so that poor pokemon is rotting inside the pokeball without being fed, whilst all of the others would have been. Poor creature.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I would like to see at least one on screen capture by each of the companions. Whether that pokemon is new or alolan form or from previous generation doesn't matter.
I'm not quite sure that every one of Ash's classmates will catch a new Pokemon, but yes, that can definitely happen, with some of Ash's classmates getting previous generation Pokemon. But one thing I'd like to say here that since Alolan forms are the regional variants of previous Gen Pokemon, I think it's likely that the writers would rather give them Alolan forms than giving them previous Gen Pokemon- like Lillie got Alolan Vulpix.
Additionally, characters like kiawe, we could expect him to have at least one pokemon already as reserve which he reveals later, much like iris revealed her excadrill.
Oh yes, Iris revealed Excadrill later on. So.......maybe Kiawe has an Alolan Marowak and he will reveal it later on?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.