• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So Ash and Litten are going to have a battle and Litten knows Fire Fang as well. So Pikachu will probably defeat Litten for Ash to catch it.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Quite surprised that no one, including myself, guessed it would be Tapu Lele that Ash and Pikachu see floating in the sky. Although floating and butterfly... how did we miss it.

I wonder if this treasure island is near Akala then if Tapu Lele is coming to check it out. I bet it's interested after Tapu Koko's battle with Ash. Not sure if it was confirmed, but can't the Tapu's basically share information telepathically?

satobato

Pokemon master
Yes it is likely to happen:surfpika:;156;;146;Very happy!!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So Ash and Litten are going to have a battle and Litten knows Fire Fang as well. So Pikachu will probably defeat Litten for Ash to catch it.

I wonder if they're just training. Unless Litten challenges Ash to a battle where it confirms it wants to be captured when it loses, they could just be training or Pikachu could be calming Litten down from whatever happened with Stoutland.
With Ash saying he doesnt want to capture Litten unless it wants to come with him and then Litten's personality, I 100% think Ash will wait until Litten tells Ash to capture it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I wonder if they're just training. Unless Litten challenges Ash to a battle where it confirms it wants to be captured when it loses, they could just be training or Pikachu could be calming Litten down from whatever happened with Stoutland.
With Ash saying he doesnt want to capture Litten unless it wants to come with him and then Litten's personality, I 100% think Ash will wait until Litten tells Ash to capture it.

Litten has an aggressive side, so it probably want's Ash to capture it by defeating it in a battle, just like Bulbasaur.

DatsRight

Litten has an aggressive side, so it probably want's Ash to capture it by defeating it in a battle, just like Bulbasaur.

Hah, he even has annoyance with Rowlet's goofiness in the intro, just like Bulbasaur with Squirtle.

It's a shame they've stopped doing the Pikachu shorts, this series could really have made good use of them.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Hah, he even has annoyance with Rowlet's goofiness in the intro, just like Bulbasaur with Squirtle.

It's a shame they've stopped doing the Pikachu shorts, this series could really have made good use of them.

They might bring 'em back for the next movie. M20 just seems to have a rather odd disconnect.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I found someone suggesting that Soph was going to give Togedemaru to Ash. I doubt this.

TheWanderingMist

I found someone suggesting that Soph was going to give Togedemaru to Ash. I doubt this.

Yeah, whoever said that was just spouting random theories that didn't even make sense.

DavidD001

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Alright, so Ash getting Litten goes from 99% likely to 99.998%. Question is whether it will evolve or not

TheWanderingMist

Hopefully it won't evolve. I want it to be like Snivy or Bulbasaur.
The only fire starter that didn't evolve during its run at all was Cyndaquil and even it evolved eventually. I want it to evolve all the way though because Litten is a bomb, Torracat is the bomb right after exploding, and Incineroar is the explosion itself.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Alright, so Ash getting Litten goes from 99% likely to 99.998%. Question is whether it will evolve or not

It's the only starter evolution that gains traits they can work with. He better evolve. It'll be more fun seeing it in the cast than Decidueye and Primarina. There's nothing about Litten that gives him reason to stay Litten.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
here is the preview for the next two episodes....
Ash & Pikachu with Tapu Lele then Ash & Pikachu with Litten

Litten wants to go with Ash finally which is why they battle to make Ash earn it.
Don't assume that. Unless that is what is being said in the preview, the reason why Pikachu and Litten are fighting is unknown.

I think Litten will fully evolve. Its interactions with Ash scream "ace" to me, and it wouldn't make sense for Ash's Alolan ace to stay unevolved.

TBH, I'm starting to have some doubts about Rowlet and Popplio evolving at all. Rowlet may be too marketable to evolve, and as much as I like Lana, it's starting to feel like she's pretty much only there to market Popplio, so it wouldn't make sense to evolve it in that case. :/ I'm still pretty convinced they will both evolve at least once, just a lot of the recent discussion regarding evolution has sowed some doubt in my mind.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
It's the only starter evolution that gains traits they can work with. He better evolve. It'll be more fun seeing it in the cast than Decidueye and Primarina. There's nothing about Litten that gives him reason to stay Litten.

inb4 we find out it has a backstory of being abused by torracats and incineroars, thus strengthening its resolve to stay as a litten.

desdar300

In order to understand Litten's character and line you need to know about Tiger Mask.
Tiger Mask is actually a really popular wrestling phenomenon in Japan. The original Tiger Mask is a character in a manga of the same name (later adapted into an anime series), a Japanese professional wrestler who became a fearsome 'heel' in the United States, but changed his ways and turned into a 'face' after returning to Japan. The reason for this heel-face-turn? A young orphan boy said that he wanted to be a villain like Tiger Mask when he grew up.
Tiger Mask, himself an orphan, changed his ways to be a better inspiration to children, and died saving an orphan in dangerous traffic. Tiger Mask as a character in anime and as an identity for real-life pro wrestlers has an enduring popularity in Japan.
Litten's character arc so far mimics the growth Naoto Date ( TM himself) went through in the anime\manga series.
> He's an orphan ( as far as we can tell)
> He fights for the weak: Stoundland and he helped Rowlet and Popplio
I think it's pretty clear where Litten's going

satobato

Pokemon master
I believe that litten will evolve all the way to Incineroar.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Incineroar is going to be the regional ace, especially if we keep in mind the whole Litten sublot. Honestly, I despise Incineroar and would prefer Litten to stay as a Torracat but the whole foreshadowing so far proves otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.