• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
But if that's the case, then that would mean Ash isn't getting anymore Z-Crystals (at least, not from Trials). I find that unlikely.

Yeah, but that was a Grand Trial. We haven't seen a Totem give out a Z-Crystal of another type yet.

Since Kiawe could challenge a Grand Trial without mentioning that he battled a Totem Pokemon can also mean that there might not be requirements to take on that particular Grand Trial. If that's the case then there is no point for a Totem Pokemon to exist in the first place at least for the Akala trial challenge.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
But if that's the case, then that would mean Ash isn't getting anymore Z-Crystals (at least, not from Trials). I find that unlikely.

Yeah, but that was a Grand Trial. We haven't seen a Totem give out a Z-Crystal of another type yet.

Even if ash doesn't get any z crystal from totem pokemon, he could still get those from island kahunas. Although that would lead to only 3 more crystals for ash.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Kiawe only accomplished the Akala Grand Trial against Olivia and received Firium Z and the Z-Ring as well. Neither I remember him mentioning that he fought against a Totem Pokemon prior to that nor is seen to own another Z-Crystal.

IIRC, Kiawe took on Olivia's Grand Trial in order to prove himself worthy of the Z-Ring and Firium-Z his grandfather (a former Kahuna) left behind. We don't know if Kiawe completed a trial first or not, but his case might be special.

satobato

Pokemon master
Ash could get water z crystal from wishiwashi as Lana do not have one

satobato

Pokemon master

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Ash might not get any Z crystal from a totem pokemon... can it happen?

Because iirc, even Hala was shocked when totem gumshoos gave ash the Z-crystal and he said to himself that totem pokemon usually don't give Z-crystals.

So it is possible that tapu koko could have asked the totem gumshoos to give ash the z crystal which might not happen on other islands

IMHO, it's pretty obvious Tapu Koko asked Totem Gumshoos to reward Ash with the Normalium-Z after he defeated him (Tapu Koko was seen observing Ash's battle against Totem Gumshoos).

I agree with Golden_Latias. If Ash doesn't earn any more Z-Crystals from the Totem Pokémon, then he will only end up with a few Z-Crystals, and that's highly unlikely, IMO. I think the Totem Pokémon will reward Ash with Z-Crystals after he defeats them, but it may not be because Tapu Koko (or any of the Tapus) told them to. Hala said Totem Pokémon rarely give out Z-Crystals, but that doesn't mean they never give out Z-Crystals. They could reward Ash with Z-Crystals for other reasons.

It's also possible that, even if a Totem Pokémon itself doesn't give Ash the Z-Crystal, he still gets it some other way. For instance, his battle against Totem Vikavolt might impress Molayne, who decides to reward him with Steelium-Z. Or perhaps Totem Mimikyu has been causing trouble for the locals, and Acerola decides to give Ash the Ghostium-Z for defeating it.

Whether or not Lana has a Waterium-Z doesn't or shouldn't affect whether or not Ash earns one himself. After all, we're all assuming Ash is going to earn Firium-Z from the Wela Volcano trial, even though Kiawe already has one.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
IMHO, it's pretty obvious Tapu Koko asked Totem Gumshoos to reward Ash with the Normalium-Z after he defeated him (Tapu Koko was seen observing Ash's battle against Totem Gumshoos).

I agree with Golden_Latias. If Ash doesn't earn any more Z-Crystals from the Totem Pokémon, then he will only end up with a few Z-Crystals, and that's highly unlikely, IMO. I think the Totem Pokémon will reward Ash with Z-Crystals after he defeats them, but it may not be because Tapu Koko (or any of the Tapus) told them to. Hala said Totem Pokémon rarely give out Z-Crystals, but that doesn't mean they never give out Z-Crystals. They could reward Ash with Z-Crystals for other reasons.

It's also possible that, even if a Totem Pokémon itself doesn't give Ash the Z-Crystal, he still gets it some other way. For instance, his battle against Totem Vikavolt might impress Molayne, who decides to reward him with Steelium-Z. Or perhaps Totem Mimikyu has been causing trouble for the locals, and Acerola decides to give Ash the Ghostium-Z for defeating it.

Whether or not Lana has a Waterium-Z doesn't or shouldn't affect whether or not Ash earns one himself. After all, we're all assuming Ash is going to earn Firium-Z from the Wela Volcano trial, even though Kiawe already has one.

I'm starting to think that come the next island we are going to have some major character development arcs that are separate. Or at least my speculating brain is wanting this. With the next three trials it can go in any order, Ash could get his z-fire crystal from the fire trial and have a mini arc with Kiawe. Next he could do the water trial with Lana and they could possibly get the waterium-z together with somehow Lana obtaining a bracelet. Development could happen with them working on the water z-move together. Next could be Mallow's thing with the same thing as Lana. Although I'm sure they'd tweak them up to make them all different. This would just be awesome if it happened :p even if Lana and Mallow don't get z-bracelets, I'm sure the next upcoming trials will act as development arcs with them.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm starting to think that come the next island we are going to have some major character development arcs that are separate. Or at least my speculating brain is wanting this. With the next three trials it can go in any order, Ash could get his z-fire crystal from the fire trial and have a mini arc with Kiawe. Next he could do the water trial with Lana and they could possibly get the waterium-z together with somehow Lana obtaining a bracelet. Development could happen with them working on the water z-move together. Next could be Mallow's thing with the same thing as Lana. Although I'm sure they'd tweak them up to make them all different. This would just be awesome if it happened :p even if Lana and Mallow don't get z-bracelets, I'm sure the next upcoming trials will act as development arcs with them.

I don't know if Lana or Mallow will obtain Z-Rings or Z-Crystals, but I do see the potential for character development arcs for not only Lana and Mallow, but also for Kiawe and, when we get to Ula'ula Island, for Sophocles, as well. I have a feeling that Lana is going to accompany Ash to the Brooklet Hill Trial, Mallow will accompany Ash to Lush Jungle, Kiawe will accompany Ash to Wela Volcano, and Sophocles will accompany Ash to Hokulani Observatory.

satobato

Pokemon master
Yes they can acommpany ash.

dp045

I don't know if Lana or Mallow will obtain Z-Rings or Z-Crystals, but I do see the potential for character development arcs for not only Lana and Mallow, but also for Kiawe and, when we get to Ula'ula Island, for Sophocles, as well. I have a feeling that Lana is going to accompany Ash to the Brooklet Hill Trial, Mallow will accompany Ash to Lush Jungle, Kiawe will accompany Ash to Wela Volcano, and Sophocles will accompany Ash to Hokulani Observatory.

Actually the three could accompany Ash in his challenge in Verdant Cavern, because in that challenge the player interacts with the 3 captains at once. The confrontation against the Lurantis and then Ash challenges Olivia to a battle I think is a good way to finish the bow in Akala. Anyway in the anime there are no captains and therefore it would only be enough for Ash to overcome the Pokémon Tottem and the Kahuna.

Anyway Rockruff evolve to Lycanroc before facing Olivia? It would be interesting to see a Mindday vs. Midnight, but if it turns out that Rockruff wins Olivia's Lycanroc, goodbye to its evolution ...

Last edited:

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Actually the three could accompany Ash in his challenge in Verdant Cavern, because in that challenge the player interacts with the 3 captains at once. The confrontation against the Lurantis and then Ash challenges Olivia to a battle I think is a good way to finish the bow in Akala. Anyway in the anime there are no captains and therefore it would only be enough for Ash to overcome the Pokémon Tottem and the Kahuna.

Anyway Rockruff evolve to Lycanroc before facing Olivia? It would be interesting to see a Mindday vs. Midnight, but if it turns out that Rockruff wins Olivia's Lycanroc, goodbye to its evolution ...

Even if rockruff defeats lycanroc, that doesn't mean it won't evolve into lycanroc. In XY, fletchling defeated a talonflame and evolved during the battle and it fully evolved subsequently.

dp045

Even if rockruff defeats lycanroc, that doesn't mean it won't evolve into lycanroc. In XY, fletchling defeated a talonflame and evolved during the battle and it fully evolved subsequently.

Correction: Fletchling evolve to Fletchinder and then could defeat Talonflame and that was made very clear when he received the Fire Blast.

nickdt

Correction: Fletchling evolve to Fletchinder and then could defeat Talonflame and that was made very clear when he received the Fire Blast.

Doesn't matter. It still went Fully all the way.

satobato

Pokemon master
Rockruff should evolve.

What do you think is animation of wishiwashi changing in solo to school form

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I do not want Litten to be the ace. I hate it when Fire-starters have a depressing backstory and then become the regional ace. It's boring and repetitive. I want Litten to stay unevolved and evolve into Torracat. I believe that Lycanroc is the ace. I would like another non-starter ace.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I do not want Litten to be the ace. I hate it when Fire-starters have a depressing backstory and then become the regional ace. It's boring and repetitive. I want Litten to stay unevolved and evolve into Torracat. I believe that Lycanroc is the ace. I would like another non-starter ace.

As much I would love to see that it's almost impossible to happen.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Litten doesn't even have a depressing backstory. It only distrusts humans because that's how Litten are. That said, I wouldn't mind a non-starter being the ace, like Leavanny and Krookodile were.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Litten doesn't even have a depressing backstory. It only distrusts humans because that's how Litten are. That said, I wouldn't mind a non-starter being the ace, like Leavanny and Krookodile were.

Leavanny was never an ace.. >.> Krookodile perhaps, but even then, its "big" battle at the league was vs. Sawk and Leavanny (ironic..) did quite some damage to it already. I know it also KO'd his Liepard, but we don't go around saying that Gible (who had a similar feat vs. Conway) was Ash's "ace" in Sinnoh. Yes, it defeated Iris' raging Dragonite when it evolved, so it beat a pseudo - and Brycen's Beartic, but not much else. It was definitely strong, but I wouldn't call it the ace.

Even Pignite had credible wins of similar caliber - so it's really up in the air (Lenora's Herdier, Saemus' Heatmor and Emboar, Roxie's Scolipede, Cameron's Hydreigon and Ferrothorn). I honestly think that Unova had a case where its "ace" was a starter stuck in the middle stage. Krookodile was strong, but in my eyes, Ash relied more on Pignite in terms of being the ace in the hole.

Meaning that of the writers wanted, they could fully evolve Rowlet and make Torracat the ace.

In terms of strength and role on the team:
Pikachu = Pikachu
Decidueye = Krookodile
Lycanroc = Gliscor
Torracat = Bayleef/Pignite <- imo the aces of Johto/Unova (before Quilava).
Dewpider/Araquanid = Corphish
Hakamo-o = Hawlucha

Like I said above with regards to Krookodile, in this case, Decidueye would be strong, but Torracat being the one that Ash relies on.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Are we expecting a new intro and ending with the new episodes on April 6th?? I can't wait till we do, even if it's not on these next episodes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.