• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Are we expecting a new intro and ending with the new episodes on April 6th?? I can't wait till we do, even if it's not on these next episodes :D
If we were, we would have heard something about it from Dephender.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Litten still has a chance that it will remain unevolved or evolve into Torracat. It doesn't have to evolve into Incineroar.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The way Litten is being hyped up by the writers with its character build-up arc, I highly doubt that it won't fully evolve and become his ace. I really hope that it does.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I do not want Litten to be the ace. I hate it when Fire-starters have a depressing backstory and then become the regional ace. It's boring and repetitive. I want Litten to stay unevolved and evolve into Torracat. I believe that Lycanroc is the ace. I would like another non-starter ace.
The other thing is, I could obviously see Incineroar not listening to Ash right away like Charizard or start raging around like Infernape did.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I just hope that Litten stays a Litten or evolves into Torracat. I do not think that Incineroar's design is appealing nor do I want a Fire-starter to be the regional ace.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I just hope that Litten stays a Litten or evolves into Torracat. I do not think that Incineroar's design is appealing nor do I want a Fire-starter to be the regional ace.

Greninja wasn't a Fire type, and still got plenty of development/backstory and became a powerful regional ace with a special syncro form. So it's not like that the Fire type starters have only got plenty of development and become the regional ace. Only Charizard and Infernape.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Greninja wasn't a Fire type, and still got plenty of development/backstory and became a powerful regional ace with a special syncro form. So it's not like that the Fire type starters have only got plenty of development and become the regional ace. Only Charizard and Infernape.

Who would you say that the aces from Johto and Unova are? Because it's honestly a toss-up between either Bayleef or Quilava, and Unova is pretty much Pignite, with Krookodile being just a strong addition, rather than an ace.

So we have:
- Kanto: Charizard
- Johto: Bayleef/Quilava. Bayleef evolved, I added Quilava not just because it evolved, but because even as a Cyndaquil Ash relied heavily on him. It's a toss-up.
- Hoenn: Sceptile.
- Sinnoh: Infernape.
- Unova: Pignite. Say what you will, Krookodile might be a big pokémon and strong, but it was not the ace if you look at the trackrecord and the wins, then Pignite defintely was.
- Kalos: Greninja

Just because Pignite didn't fully evolve doesn't mean it wasn't the ace.

Navin

MALDREAD
Leavanny was never an ace.. >.> Krookodile perhaps, but even then, its "big" battle at the league was vs. Sawk and Leavanny (ironic..) did quite some damage to it already. I know it also KO'd his Liepard, but we don't go around saying that Gible (who had a similar feat vs. Conway) was Ash's "ace" in Sinnoh. Yes, it defeated Iris' raging Dragonite when it evolved, so it beat a pseudo - and Brycen's Beartic, but not much else. It was definitely strong, but I wouldn't call it the ace.

I think Krookodile was meant to be the closest Pokemon to an ace, even if it was not so clear-cut. Fully-evolved lizard (like Charizard, OS ~ BW). Good wins near the tail end of the series. That XY pre-episode quiz that showed all of Ash's regional aces included Krookodile. Pignite was like the Bulbasaur, Swellow, or Hawlucha type (even if not on the same pedigree as the first two) of reliable battlers.

but Torracat being the one that Ash relies on.

Man, I hope not. Ash has too many good Fire-types and doesn't need yet another ace of that ilk.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Who would you say that the aces from Johto and Unova are? Because it's honestly a toss-up between either Bayleef or Quilava, and Unova is pretty much Pignite, with Krookodile being just a strong addition, rather than an ace.

So we have:
- Kanto: Charizard
- Johto: Bayleef/Quilava. Bayleef evolved, I added Quilava not just because it evolved, but because even as a Cyndaquil Ash relied heavily on him. It's a toss-up.
- Hoenn: Sceptile.
- Sinnoh: Infernape.
- Unova: Pignite. Say what you will, Krookodile might be a big pokémon and strong, but it was not the ace if you look at the trackrecord and the wins, then Pignite defintely was.
- Kalos: Greninja

Just because Pignite didn't fully evolve doesn't mean it wasn't the ace.

Disagreed. Charizard was the ace of Johto. Because most of the notable things it did was in Johto- defeating Falkner's Pidgeot, Claire's Dragonair and an MVP performance in the Johto League in the match vs Gary. In Kanto, it was mostly disobedient. No Pokemon caught in Johto by Ash were ace strong. And Pignite was a consistent Pokemon, but clearly not strong enough to be an ace.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Suddenly, I am very happy the writers typically don't give Ash the starters/Pokemon I really like. I don't have to worry about them getting shafted or not being the ace.

Btw, I don't see the writers passing up the opportunity to give Ash Decidium-Z and/or Incinium-Z. That means at least one of them is probably going to evolve all the way. If Rowlet evolves all the way and Litten doesn't, that means he'd be getting the Decidium-Z. I don't think it would make much sense to still say Litten/Torracat would be the ace if Decidueye would be the one with its exclusive Z-Move, especially since Z-Moves are supposed to be the big thing this generation.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Man, I hope not. Ash has many good Fire types and doesn't need another ace of that ilk.
Only Charizard and Infernape. He doesn't have loads of Fire type aces. Greninja and Sceptile weren't Fire types and they were powerful regional starter aces as well.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Only Charizard and Infernape. He doesn't have loads loads of Fire type aces. Greninja and Sceptile weren't Fire types and they were powerful regional starter aces as well.

I said he has lots of good Fire-types, including Charizard and Infernape obviously, but also Quilava (best starter capture in Johto), Pignite (best starter capture in BW), Torkoal (Vs Registeel battle), and Talonflame (prolific battler and solid contributor). They're all pretty much at least middle-of-the-pack and higher.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I said he has lots of good Fire-types, including Charizard and Infernape obviously, but also Quilava (best starter capture in Johto), Pignite (best starter capture in BW), Torkoal (Vs Registeel battle), and Talonflame (prolific battler and solid contributor). They're all pretty much at least middle-of-the-pack and higher.

This just shows that Ash is at his best with Fire types. So if Litten fully evolves and becomes Ash's ace, then I bet it'll become of Ash's greatest Pokemon as well.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The other thing is, I could obviously see Incineroar not listening to Ash right away like Charizard or start raging around like Infernape did.

IMHO, I think Litten is the one more likely to disobey Ash, and it becomes more obedient over time, so by the time it evolves into Incineroar, it's more or less dutifully obedient. On the other hand, it would be kind of interesting if it retains some rebelliousness even after it fully evolves. It would be a nice contrast to Ash's other, more obedient Pokémon.

Btw, I don't see the writers passing up the opportunity to give Ash Decidium-Z and/or Incinium-Z. That means at least one of them is probably going to evolve all the way. If Rowlet evolves all the way and Litten doesn't, that means he'd be getting the Decidium-Z. I don't think it would make much sense to still say Litten/Torracat would be the ace if Decidueye would be the one with its exclusive Z-Move, especially since Z-Moves are supposed to be the big thing this generation.

I agree. Whichever starter fully evolves is going to be the regional ace, since Ash is likely to get the exclusive Z-Crystal for that starter. If Rowlet is the one who fully evolves, then Decidueye will be the ace. If Litten is one who fully evolves, then Incineroar will be the ace. If both Rowlet and Litten fully evolve, then which one is the ace depends on which Z-Crystal Ash gets. He may even get both Decidium-Z and Incinium-Z. For all we know, Alola may not have a single ace. Or Pikachu will be the ace.

Didn't we get a picture back in XY&Z of Ash's regional aces? It had Krookodile and not Pignite. And I would argue that Charizard was the Johto ace.

Anyways, after having a full series of Ash having his team evolved all the way through, I don't wanna go back to an un evolved mess. Fully evolved team or burst.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Possibly, but Ash certainly doesn't need another powerful Fire-type. A non-Starter type and quadrupedal ace in Lycanroc would be a much better option.

If not Fire type, then Decidueye would be pretty much the option, as it'll be Ash's first Ghost type, plus as an Gen 7 starter, it'll have an exclusive Z-move as well.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Possibly, but Ash certainly doesn't need another powerful Fire-type. A non-Starter type and quadrupedal ace in Lycanroc would be a much better option.

Ash doesn't need weak Pokemon either (Torkoal), so I don't see your point.

I mean it's not like Torterra was all that impressive.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash doesn't need weak Pokemon either (Torkoal), so I don't see your point.

I mean it's not like Torterra was all that impressive.

Well it was weak at Hoenn, but it improved a lot in BF.
[IMG300]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/1/1b/AG186.png/200px-AG186.png[/IMG300]

And I think that's what Maldread was referring to xD. Anyway I want Litten to fully evolve.

dman_dustin

Well it was weak at Hoenn, but it improved a lot in BF.
[IMG300]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/1/1b/AG186.png/200px-AG186.png[/IMG300]

And I think that's what Maldread was referring to xD. Anyway I want Litten to fully evolve.

And it did absolutely NOTHING to Tobias's Darkrai and was the weakest one there.

I'd like to think Torkoal vs Registeel meant anything but ultimately it STILL lost, and did NOTHING for Torkoal, as using it against Darkrai sure as hell didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.