• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
Ash doesn't need weak Pokemon either (Torkoal), so I don't see your point.

Point is can we have a generation where a non-Starter type and quadrupedal Pokemon is properly depicted as the regional ace (Krookodile was half-baked). I'm not saying Incineroar or Decidueye should suck, but give Lycanroc the main role.

I mean it's not like Torterra was all that impressive.

It would have been if not for Suicide Mountain.

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/jtKwQQO.jpg[/IMG300]

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
And it did absolutely NOTHING to Tobias's Darkrai and was the weakest one there.
Yeah, maybe it's battle against Registeel was just PIS. Heracross and Gible performed a lot better against Darkrai.

I'd like to think Torkoal vs Registeel meant anything but ultimately it STILL lost, and did NOTHING for Torkoal, as using it against Darkrai sure as hell didn't help.

True to some extent. Though it did so well against Registeel, it still lost, and so technically it meant nothing.

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Who would you say that the aces from Johto and Unova are? Because it's honestly a toss-up between either Bayleef or Quilava, and Unova is pretty much Pignite, with Krookodile being just a strong addition, rather than an ace.

So we have:
- Kanto: Charizard
- Johto: Bayleef/Quilava. Bayleef evolved, I added Quilava not just because it evolved, but because even as a Cyndaquil Ash relied heavily on him. It's a toss-up.
- Hoenn: Sceptile.
- Sinnoh: Infernape.
- Unova: Pignite. Say what you will, Krookodile might be a big pokémon and strong, but it was not the ace if you look at the trackrecord and the wins, then Pignite defintely was.
- Kalos: Greninja

Just because Pignite didn't fully evolve doesn't mean it wasn't the ace.

More like:

Kanto: Charizard
OI: Snorlax
Johto: Heracross
Hoenn: Sceptile
Sinnoh: Infernape:
Unova: Krookodile
Kalos: Greninja

We need more non starter ace pokemon or at least starter with a secondary type Ash doesn't have a strong pokemon with the typing. So please no Incineroar since Greninja already covered the Dark Type Powerhouse. Decidueye would be better since it's ghost type. Lycanroc would be the ideal ace for SM adding a Stone type ace to Ash's arsenal.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
We need more non starter ace pokemon or at least starter with a secondary type Ash doesn't have a strong pokemon with the typing. So please no Incineroar since Greninja already covered the Dark Type Powerhouse. Decidueye would be better since it's ghost type. Lycanroc would be the ideal ace for SM adding a Stone type ace to Ash's arsenal.

I would like to see a non-starter be the regional ace for a change, as well, and Lycanroc (assuming Rockruff evolves, of course, and as of right now, there's no reason to think it won't evolve) would be a nice choice for regional ace. I'll even be satisfied with Lycanroc sharing the powerhouse role with the fully evolved starters (and Pikachu, of course). But barring that, I would rather see Decidueye as the regional ace than Incineroar. I think Decidueye has the potential to be a more entertaining regional ace, because of its personality.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
More like:

Kanto: Charizard
OI: Snorlax
Johto: Heracross
Hoenn: Sceptile
Sinnoh: Infernape:
Unova: Krookodile
Kalos: Greninja

Greninja's Dark typing was ignored, though.

And Charizard was the ace of Johto. Most of the notable things it did was in Johto. In Kanto, it was disobedient most of the time.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
would be cool if lycanroc was ash's ace. although, i think there's a higher chance of litten (or its evolutions) becoming the ace due to the little subplot that's been established for it.

Red and Blue

Given the amount of development Litten recieving, I'd say Incineroar being the ace is painfully obvious. Especially if it goes through a disobedient arc once it fully*evolves

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
We've seen disobedience arcs with Charizard, Dawn's Mamoswine, and Iris's Dragonite. I hope they skip the disobedience stuff with Incineroar.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Greninja's Dark typing was ignored, though.

And Charizard was the ace of Johto. Most of the notable things it did was in Johto. In Kanto, it was disobedient most of the time.

So according to you, hoenn's ace was glalie, because sceptile at that time was still a grovyle and wasn't that impressive.

Ace of a region is a strong pokemon caught in that region and if you consider johto, then most powerful pokemon caught in johto was heracross, although it was not used much in battles.

Ace of kanto and hoenn are considered including the post league arcs of orange islands and battle frontier respectively.

I too would like to see a non-starter ace, but everytime ash had a non-starter ace, his starters were poorly developed. I don't want starters to remain undeveloped this time.

And regarding disobedience, anime has shown disobedience only with the new trainers. And ash is not a new trainer anymore.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
We've seen disobedience arcs with Charizard, Dawn's Mamoswine, and Iris's Dragonite. I hope they skip the disobedience stuff with Incineroar.

I'd like for Lillie or Mallow to have a Pokemon disobedience arc, if there is one this time around. I really don't think it'll work out for Incineroar imo

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So according to you, hoenn's ace was glalie, because sceptile at that time was still a grovyle and wasn't that impressive.
Um, Glalie was really good, but Swellow was better than it.

Ace of a region is a strong pokemon caught in that region and if you consider johto, then most powerful pokemon caught in johto was heracross, although it was not used much in battles.
Yeah but majority of the notable things it did was in Johto, so if we have to call Charizard an ace, we'll have to call it the ace of Johto.

I too would like to see a non-starter ace, but everytime ash had a non-starter ace, his starters were poorly developed. I don't want starters to remain undeveloped this time.

Yeah, that's the exact reason I always prefer starter aces.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Um, Glalie was really good, but Swellow was better than it.

Yeah but majority of the notable things it did was in Johto, so if we have to call Charizard an ace, we'll have to call it the ace of Johto.

Yeah, that's the exact reason I always prefer starter aces.

Yaa... i just forgot about swellow.

Okay.. but snorlax's performance was as good as charizard and even better, because it never lost without defeating any of the opponents but charizard lost to blazikane without defeating any pokemon.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'd like for Lillie or Mallow to have a Pokemon disobedience arc, if there is one this time around. I really don't think it'll work out for Incineroar imo

IMHO, Lillie has enough problems with her fear of touching Pokémon. I think a Pokémon disobedience arc might be a little much for her, to be honest. She is already afraid of Pokémon, and having a Pokémon who disobeys her might increase her fear (especially if said Pokémon acts like Charmeleon/Charizard and tries to attack her); it certainly won't help her take the necessary steps to conquer her fear.

With that said, I do agree that someone besides Ash needs to be the "victim" of the Pokémon disobedience arc this time around, if there is one. Mallow would be an interesting choice; perhaps Steenee becomes more disobedient if/when she evolves into Tsareena. Or perhaps Kiawe or Sophocles could end up with a disobedient Pokémon.

Although, technically, we already have the foundation for a disobedience arc in Jessie and her "I couldn't give a crap" Mimikyu.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Okay.. but snorlax's performance was as good as charizard and even better, because it never lost without defeating any of the opponents but cahrizard lost to blazikane without defeating any pokemon.

Not really. Charizard swept half of Gary's team including his ace Blastoise. Snorlax didn't beat any of the aces. This is the same reason I also tend to put Greninja's performance ahead of Pikachu in the Kalos League as it beat Mega Sceptile, because Megas can potentially sweep half of a team.

Plus Charizard also defeated Falkner's Pidgeot and Clair's Dragonair, two of the gym leader's aces as well.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Not really. Charizard swept half of Gary's team including his ace Blastoise. Snorlax didn't beat any of the aces. This is the same reason I also tend to put Greninja's performance ahead of Pikachu in the Kalos League as it beat Mega Sceptile, because Megas can potentially sweep half of a team.

Plus Charizard also defeated Falkner's Pidgeot and Clair's Dragonair, two of the gym leader's aces as well.

Snorlax did defeated the aces of many trainers during that sumo pokemon tournament (i don't remember its name).. lol

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
But barring that, I would rather see Decidueye as the regional ace than Incineroar. I think Decidueye has the potential to be a more entertaining regional ace, because of its personality.
Same here. I mean seriously, who doesn't want to see Ash and Decidueye use Sinister Arrow Raid to rain down upon Team Skull and their Pokémon, during the UB arc, or during a Totem/Kahuna battle.

*patiently waits for Robin Hood to arrive* :D

johno1995

I don't see Litten having a disobedience arc so much as it having a "burn Ash" gag and being sassy from time to time. I don't think we'll have to worry about disobedience.

dman_dustin

I'm not saying Incineroar or Decidueye should suck, but give Lycanroc the main role.

No but they don't need to be thrown under the bus (evolution-wise) over a fear they MIGHT be the ace.

Nothing wrong them fully evolving, but not being spectacular, I'd rather have them fully evolved and unimpressive, over being unevolved and equally as unimpressive.

Incineroar & Decidueye > Torracat & Dartrix

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Snorlax did defeated the aces of many trainers during that sumo pokemon tournament (i don't remember its name).. lol
Well.....those weren't Pokemon battles, they were Sumo-Wrestling matches xD.
No but they don't need to be thrown under the bus (evolution-wise) over a fear they MIGHT be the ace.

Nothing wrong them fully evolving, but not being spectacular, I'd rather have them fully evolved and unimpressive, over being unevolved and equally as unimpressive.

Incineroar & Decidueye > Torracat & Dartrix

Agreed. By fully evolving, they will get more developed and will be more able to unlock their potential. And if Rowlet and Litten fully evolve to Decidueye and Incineroar, they should fully perform to their potential. If a non-starter becomes the ace, they won't probably get proper development and perform to their potential.

Red and Blue

I have no idea why people want Lycanroc to be the ace besides preference. At least with either Rowlet or Litten it makes sense due to their signature Z moves

Status
Not open for further replies.