• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I imagine Lusamine will probably have that Lilligant that was with her in the photo, but other than that, I don't know.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
When Lusamine gets into the anime, I realized she won't debut any new pokemon probably. I always felt like each important character should debut a new pokemon that is there ace, but Bewear is her only gen 7 pokemon in the games, and it looks like Lilligant will be her main pokemon, as per that picture of Lillie's.

Is Nihilego somehow not an option?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Keep Rowlet the way it is, I don't care. I'd rather something cool be Ash's first Ghost type anyways. But Litten has to evolve.

Litten evolving would be fine with me, tho it's not a prerequisite since out of Litten's whole evolutionary line I like its base stage the most any ways. Incineroar looks cool and all, but SM seems to lack opportunities where its power could shine. ^^;

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I imagine Lusamine will probably have that Lilligant that was with her in the photo, but other than that, I don't know.

Half the big bads don't have any known Pokemon for some reason I never got

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Is Nihilego somehow not an option?

We know that Lusamine doesn't have a Nihilego in the beginning of the games, I'm pretty sure she catches it in ultra space actually. So when they get into Ultra Space, I totally see her having a Nihilego, but for her first appearances, I'm thinking Lilligant and maybe Clefable? I'm curious what happened to the Lillipup and Cleffa in the picture with Lusamine. Wow Lillipup and Lillie... lol never noticed that. Anyways, it'd be interesting if Lusamine used those three pokemon now. But it'd also be entertaining if Gladion's main pokemon, besides type null, was that cleffa :p

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Which Lycanroc form do you want Ash to have? Midday or Midnight?

I like both, but in secretly hoping a third Alolan game gives us a third form. But otherwise, I hope for Midday, as Ash doesn't really have a lot of quadruped Pokemon if you think about it. Plus Accelrock seems like a cool move to have.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Either is fine by me, but I think Midday is more likely.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

I prefer the Midnight Form (except that it's red, which I hate). I can see it going either way though.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Seeing their descriptions, I think that Midday was a better fit for Ash, but that's just my opinion.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Midnight's my favorite, but I'd prefer Midday since it suits him. Midnight goes onto his hindlegs too... while Midday stays on all fours, which is not a trait a lot of Ash's Pokemon have.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
they're not gonna straight up put new pokemon in the next gen 7 games. things to expect could be additional regional variants, exclusive z-moves, and alternate forms for an existing legendary/mythical pokemon.

Tapu Koko Sinnoh Form.

I honestly doubt there will be new pokémon and new regional variants, since those are still "new pokémon", but I wouldn't put it past them to add new Z-moves and forms. The problem with new forms for the current set of mythical and legendaries is that the roster is fairly short, unless the Ultra Beasts get new forms to adjust better to life outside the Ultraverse or whatever.. I don't see the Tapu's getting new forms, nor Solgaleo and Lunala. So that basically leaves us with Necrozma.

Lycanroc Twilight obviously.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

Midnight, it's interactions with Ash would be more interesting in terms of possibly not agreeing with Ash on how to go about battling and what not. although with taking hits and doing counter attacks, it really doesn't seem as much of an Ash pokemon as midday does.

Tapu Koko Sinnoh Form.

I honestly doubt there will be new pokémon and new regional variants, since those are still "new pokémon", but I wouldn't put it past them to add new Z-moves and forms. The problem with new forms for the current set of mythical and legendaries is that the roster is fairly short, unless the Ultra Beasts get new forms to adjust better to life outside the Ultraverse or whatever.. I don't see the Tapu's getting new forms, nor Solgaleo and Lunala. So that basically leaves us with Necrozma.

Lycanroc Twilight obviously.

Wow that'd actually be really cool if they gave the ub's alternate forms for when they're in the real world for too long or something. I'd really like that actually, and it could be why Necrozma identifies as a regular pokemon and not a UB now, since it's just been laying dormant for so long, maybe it's in another form :0

I'm not really speculating as much as it'd just be rad if it happened.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why do you say that?

Well, they weren't warned ahead of time that they'd only have 1 year for XYZ so that screwed up its pacing a bit. Same with BW actually. While the Tohoku earthquake was a factor, it was the announcement of sequel games that really screwed up what happened with the anime's pacing. I think that's what they're getting at.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well, they weren't warned ahead of time that they'd only have 1 year for XYZ so that screwed up its pacing a bit. Same with BW actually. While the Tohoku earthquake was a factor, it was the announcement of sequel games that really screwed up what happened with the anime's oacing. I think that's what they're getting at.

is this for realz? you'd think they'd have someone from every poke-partment (pokemon department) involved in a big planning for the generation or something along those lines..

desdar300

Why do you say that?
It seems like GF and the staff barely communicate with each other when it comes to new game releases and that in turn sometimes hurts how the anime turns out.
The biggest offender of this of BW where the writers thought that we'd be getting a typical third version but got sequels instead which resulted in them having to omit a lot of their plans.
I also believe the same thing happened in Gen 6 considering how rushed the latter half XYZ felt.
If GF does something too daffy then we just might be in for a crazy ride...

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, they weren't warned ahead of time that they'd only have 1 year for XYZ so that screwed up its pacing a bit. Same with BW actually. While the Tohoku earthquake was a factor, it was the announcement of sequel games that really screwed up what happened with the anime's pacing. I think that's what they're getting at.

It seems like GF and the staff barely communicate with each other when it comes to new game releases and that in turn sometimes hurts how the anime turns out.
The biggest offender of this of BW where the writers thought that we'd be getting a typical third version but got sequels instead which resulted in them having to omit a lot of their plans.
I also believe the same thing happened in Gen 6 considering how rushed the latter half XYZ felt.
If GF does something too daffy then we just might be in for a crazy ride...
I, too, was unaware of this. However, one can hope that the new format will help with that. After all, there's no League, and there's no pressing reason Ash has to complete the rest of the Trials right now. If something comes up, then the writers can create some catalyst.

However, a third SM game/sequel/whatever is also probably at least 2 years away if there's even going to be one. I'm not worried about it right now.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Midday. Accelerok is a great move, and if Litten fully evolves it'd be a good comparison to the bipedal Incineroar

Right now I expect Ash's team to be Pikachu, Decidueye, Midday Lycanroc, Incineroar, Araquanid and Alolan Sandslash

Status
Not open for further replies.