• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
http://m.imgur.com/Pkdhuhf?r

There's the link. Litten and Popplio evolving and Rowlet as the Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin of the group confirmed?

Yes to the first option, but I really hope this doesn't confirm Rowlet's not evolving. :(

Also, Brionne looks weird in this style.

As if there was any doubt. It was pretty obvious Rowlet is staying Rowlet

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
You know what? I don't care. I'm still sticking by Rowlet fully evolving. Decidueye is too much of a fan favorite to just shove into a filler episode for its only anime appearance, we've never seen one of Ash's birds not fully evolve, and why would Rowlet have the battle style it does if the writers didn't intend to evolve it?

Dartrix and Decidueye have to show up in the anime at some point, and like I said, I just don't see the writers just throwing a popular Pokemon like Decidueye in a filler episode and calling it a day. Only ways I'll be completely convinced Rowlet's not evolving all the way is if it takes a long time to evolve and we see a rival with a Decidueye.

This is going to be Goodra all over again, and I'm in denial, aren't I?

Zoruagible

You know what? I don't care. I'm still sticking by Rowlet fully evolving. Decidueye is too much of a fan favorite to just shove into a filler episode for its only anime appearance, we've never seen one of Ash's birds not fully evolve, and why would Rowlet have the battle style it does if the writers didn't intend to evolve it?

Dartrix and Decidueye have to show up in the anime at some point, and like I said, I just don't see the writers just throwing a popular Pokemon like Decidueye in a filler episode and calling it a day. Only ways I'll be completely convinced Rowlet's not evolving all the way is if it takes a long time to evolve and we see a rival with a Decidueye.

This is going to be Goodra all over again, and I'm in denial, aren't I?

Hau can have it, since Incineroar is clearly the ace now. Hau has the weakest starter... it can already be a Dartrix whenever he appears.
Whoever Ash's real rival is though, can have Empoleon has his ace.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
FYI, I thought it was completely obvious Incineroar was going to be Ash's ace with the way they were building up Litten. And there's no confirmation that Hau is even going to appear in the anime. Hala never referenced him, the Pokemon best associated with him has already debuted, and he's pretty similar to Ash personality-wise. There's really no reason to assume he'll be there.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Is this really confirmation that Rowlet won't evolve? Granted, I didn't get to see the Pokenchi special, but just because Brionne and Torracat showed up and Dartrix didn't doesn't mean Rowlet isn't evolving, does it? What was going on in the segment when that picture of Brionne and Torracat was shown? Were the hosts talking about it, or was it just shown in the background?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If Litten is captured then evolves almost right after that I can tell you we'll most likely get another *gags* Goodra situation or disobedience arc, which really isn't good imo. I really don't want the crappy writing from the XY series to pollute this series too.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Torracat and Brionne are both in the picture I saw, but the top was cut off, so there may have been Daetrix above Torracat.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Calm down, guys. This picture Pokenchi showed is not full yet, so Dartrix might be in.

Torracat and Brionne are both in the picture I saw, but the top was cut off, so there may have been Daetrix above Torracat.

This. ~

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If Litten is captured then evolves almost right after that I can tell you we'll most likely get another *gags* Goodra situation or disobedience arc, which really isn't good imo. I really don't want the crappy writing from the XY series to pollute this series too.
It probably won't. Starters never evolve early.

Charmander took like 30-something episodes to evolve, and that's the shortest amount of time it took for a starter to reach its middle stage.

Zoruagible

What's so bad about him having a Torracat? He cleared Hala's trial. One would have an evolved starter by now in the games.

desdar300

I have to agree with Latias and Chris about Rowlet evolving all the way.
Even though all three final evos are popular are popular, Decidueye is by far the most favored ( It'd be the equivalent of not evolving Charmander or Froakie).
All that notwithstanding it's this series " regional bird" and those always evolve

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
patterns have been broken before, remember last gen?
I don't deny that, but given how marketable the starters are, I think there's a reason that particular pattern hasn't been broken yet.

What's so bad about him having a Torracat? He cleared Hala's trial. One would have an evolved starter by now in the games.
Games =/= anime. It's not nearly as easy to evolve a Pokemon in the anime as it is in the games.

I don't mind him having a Torracat, hell I've already said it's completely obvious Incineroar is going to be his ace, but it's too soon for it to evolve. It probably doesn't have a lot of battle experience, and there's the marketability factor I mentioned earlier.

dp045

I don't deny that, but given how marketable the starters are, I think there's a reason that particular pattern hasn't been broken yet.

Games =/= anime. It's not nearly as easy to evolve a Pokemon in the anime as it is in the games.

I don't mind him having a Torracat, hell I've already said it's completely obvious Incineroar is going to be his ace, but it's too soon for it to evolve. It probably doesn't have a lot of battle experience, and there's the marketability factor I mentioned earlier.

No. To evolve the Pokémon in the anime is not difficult, it is only convinced of what is required for the plot. Well it could be that Litten evolve in 5 episodes to Incineroar and disobey for being too strong or could take 50+ to evolve to Torracat. In addition, although a Torracat could be the AS of the region without needing to be an Incinaroar, there have already been two generations where none of the leaders in the hands of the group evolve to its final stage.

Anyway it is more interesting to speculate on which version of Lycanroc to evolve Rockruff or which will be the next capture of Ash Maybe a Sandygast, a Jangmo-o?

dman_dustin

Calm down, guys. This picture Pokenchi showed is not full yet, so Dartrix might be in.

While that very well might be the case, I think some of you are overlooking the more obvious conclusion.

What they showed even if it was Ash's Torracat and Lana's Brionne, you're ignoring that it doesn't mean that's the end of the future for Rowlet, speaking generally.

1. Rowlet was NOT shown, during that specific part, I don't think, otherwise why wouldn't it be mention.
2. Just because Litten and Popplio evolve first doesn't mean Rowlet can't evolve later. Maybe the writers are trying to get Ash with an Incineroar much sooner than say Decidueye, and maybe they want to expose us to Rowlet more than Litten. If the writers/producers do not care about Litten/Torracat/Incineroar, then I have no problem with it being fully evolved by episode 60 or episode 70. Rowlet could take that long to evolve once, and maybe 20 or 30 episodes later evolve into Decidueye. Maybe they want to balance Rowlet out but treat Litten like Ash's Charizard, maybe even have a small disobedience plot that will be resolved MUCH sooner than Charizard, simply because it would be in character for Incineroar to disobey Ash, not only because of Litten as a character has been portrayed but because Incineroar as a species can disobey their trainer.

So no, its WAY too soon to write Rowlet off, if its a speculation that Rowlet won't evolve fine, but it is in NO WAY confirmed that Rowlet will remain unevolved. When we get to potentially some Pokemon league or the end goal at the end of generation or next generation news, and Ash still has Rowlet, then maybe Rowlet won't evolve. But its WAY too early to assume that just because of a Brionne and Torracat image.

I disagree with you but I see your point.

I disagree with you because.....Steenee, you didn't forget about her did you? Or hell Ash's Goodra is also a good example.

But I do see your point, that evolving a Pokemon in the anime, is overall more difficult than in the games and that's only because of the overall sheer differences between the two media as well as the one pulling the strings.

1. In the games, it is entirely up to the player themselves to decide if a Pokemon evolves or not, and to reach or match their equations.
2. In the anime it is NOT up to the viewers to decide if or even when a Pokemon evolves. I don't know who EXACTLY is the one in charge that gives permission to evolve a character's Pokemon and WHEN to evolve them, but for convenience sake, I'll say an Executive Producer.

I say I disagree with you in that an Executive Producer could give permission to evolve Litten in the very NEXT episode after capture. So if Ash DOES catch Litten in episode 21, Litten could easily evolve in Episode 22, if permission is given and if its part of the story for it to evolve THAT early, I doubt it could randomly evolve for the sake of evolving, someone has to approve of it evolving in whatever way (otherwise we're probably looking at "fan fiction" stuff) is presented in the anime. And in that sense, with permission evolving in the anime can cut through some of those "technical limitations" forced upon by the games (AKA level 40 evolution, hypothetically speaking)

So it's only more difficult because it has to gain approval, but in terms of already having received approval it technically would be considered more difficult to evolve in the games, since it actually takes TIME to evolve a Pokemon in the games, in terms of the anime, its merely writing a story, animating the story and evolving it. Litten could evolve moments after being caught or even evolving BEFORE it has caught, all that is required is approval by the "executive producer" and probably a lot of other approvals as well.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

And he's lacking a bird.... the regional bird anyways. Doesn't have a bug either. He usually gets an evolution around this point, and I don't think Lycanroc will fully evolve until Ash gets closer to facing against Olivia. Some of those birds who evolved before the starters evolve at the same level range.... yes games /=/ anime, but whatever..... it would be nice to see a starter being the first Pokemon to evolve for once. So long as they let Litten get in some fights/wins so his evolution is earned, it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.