• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
And he's lacking a bird.... the regional bird anyways. Doesn't have a bug either. He usually gets an evolution around this point, and I don't think Lycanroc will fully evolve until Ash gets closer to facing against Olivia. Some of those birds who evolved before the starters evolve at the same level range.... yes games /=/ anime, but whatever..... it would be nice to see a starter being the first Pokemon to evolve for once. So long as they let Litten get in some fights/wins so his evolution is earned, it's okay.
Not really. There have really only been three occasions where one of Ash's Pokemon has had an early evolution (Caterpie in OS, Starly in DP, to a lesser extent Pidove in BW). Two were birds, one was a bug, and they normally evolve pretty early. Ash doesn't have Pikipek, as you noted, and he doesn't have a Bug type, either.

That being said, if that image really is an indication of anything, you might just get your wish with Litten. I agree that Rockruff is still probably a ways out as far as evolution goes, considering it needed Ash's help to learn the most basic Rock type move out there and therefore probably lacks battle experience as well.

For now, though, I'm with dustin_dman. I think saying that image confirms Rowlet is never evolving is jumping the gun a little bit. For all we know, Rowlet could evolve last.

Also, I probably should have elaborated a bit on the whole "it's more difficult to evolve a Pokemon in the anime than it is in the games" bit. I pretty much meant what dustin_dman said. My apologies. ^_^;

EDIT: Okay, Dephender claimed that image with Torracat and Brionne has absolutely nothing to do with the anime. Nice to have that wrapped up.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Is this really confirmation that Rowlet won't evolve? Granted, I didn't get to see the Pokenchi special, but just because Brionne and Torracat showed up and Dartrix didn't doesn't mean Rowlet isn't evolving, does it? What was going on in the segment when that picture of Brionne and Torracat was shown? Were the hosts talking about it, or was it just shown in the background?

Is that pic related to the anime? I really hope not because I really want Rowlet to fully evolve to a cool and badass archer bird.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Is that pic related to the anime? I really hope not because I really want Rowlet to fully evolve to a cool and badass archer bird.

According to Dephender, no, that image is not related to the anime.

It's from the Takara Tomy visit segment of the special, where they show off the MonColle 20th Anniversary Figure Collection set. The images are reference art for the figures of these Pokemon that came out earlier this month.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the anime.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
lol omg... blurry image of brionne and torracat and people go crazy speculating :p too good.

I personally think Rowlett will be the first to evolve out of the starters and out of Ash's pokemon.
Not only was he the first capture, been used the most, compared to rockruff at least, and has a good bond with Ash already.

Litten could evolve shortly after capture due to already having experience but i don't think he will until he opens up to Ash a lot more, which could be quick too.

With poplio, I'm still undecided if I truly think it'll evolve or not. It would be nice, but if Lana's dream doesn't get an upgrade at all, then her dream is too boring for a Primarina to make an appearance. Brionne could, but with the way Poplio is going, it seems they'll use him as a pokemon to show the msg that smaller isnt always bad if you keep up the practice or something along those lines. I could see Lana's dream not going anywhere except for random fillers and that's why her dream was first, because it's the most simple and easiest for fillers.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i'm thinking Crabrawler can be crossed off as a potential capture.

I just saw a scene in the extended preview where Ash and Pikachu are watching a group of them, and one off to the side was beaten senseless, yet the two aren't doing anything about it.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i'm thinking Crabrawler can be crossed off as a potential capture.

I just saw a scene in the extended preview where Ash and Pikachu are watching a group of them, and one off to the side was beaten senseless, yet the two aren't doing anything about it.

watches crabrawler getting beat up, attacks team rocket even when they're running away

SM ash just wants to watch the world burn lol

lol omg... blurry image of brionne and torracat and people go crazy speculating :p too good.

I personally think Rowlett will be the first to evolve out of the starters and out of Ash's pokemon.
Not only was he the first capture, been used the most, compared to rockruff at least, and has a good bond with Ash already.

Litten could evolve shortly after capture due to already having experience but i don't think he will until he opens up to Ash a lot more, which could be quick too.

With poplio, I'm still undecided if I truly think it'll evolve or not. It would be nice, but if Lana's dream doesn't get an upgrade at all, then her dream is too boring for a Primarina to make an appearance. Brionne could, but with the way Poplio is going, it seems they'll use him as a pokemon to show the msg that smaller isnt always bad if you keep up the practice or something along those lines. I could see Lana's dream not going anywhere except for random fillers and that's why her dream was first, because it's the most simple and easiest for fillers.

I mean, I doubted the image confirming anything too, but hindsight is 20/20 and it's natural to make assumptions about something that appeared in a special revolving around the anime.

Also, the anime is sometimes difficult to predict regarding evolutions. Things like battling a lot and having a good bond don't matter when you could say the same things about unevolved mons like Piplup, Oshawott, Bulbasaur, etc. Meanwhile mons like Fennekin and Torchic weren't that experienced, but still ended up evolving.

Anyway, I personally thought Lana's dream was a bit underwhelming but still cute. It's not just about making a balloon, but moreso about wanting to explore the sea underwater. This is probably a huge reach and a result of wishful thinking, but hearing about them wanting to perfect Popplio's bigger bubbles reminded me of Primarina's z-move(essentially controlling a giant bubble). I doubt Popplio will fully evolve, but it would be nice if all their efforts culminated into learning Oceanic Operetta. Though I can forget about that if another character appears with a Primarina.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think all three of the starters will evolve at least once. Litten should be obvious, and I've already said my piece on Rowlet. I know some may dismiss Popplio because of Lana's goal, but let's not forget that Serena's Fennekin didn't need to evolve for her goal either. There are three reasons I think Popplio will evolve at least once:
1. It seemingly knows Bubble Beam, a slightly higher leveled Water move. That indicates that it has to have some battle experience or training, because the writers don't just start out the starters with high-level elemebtal moves for no reason anymore
2. We know from SM16 that it's getting offscreen training and has made clear progress on its goal. Granted, it isn't battle training, but it's atill better than her not doing anything with it.
3. Brionne and Primarina can control the movements of their bubbles. Popplio can't. I would think that would be helpful for Lana's goal.

I'm still 50/50 on Lana getting a Primarina. I think it deoends on how early Popplio evolves (assuming it does). If she still has a Popplio when Ash is doing the Ula'Ula Trials, it's probably safe to say she won't get a Primarina, for example.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I know some may dismiss Popplio because of Lana's goal, but let's not forget that Serena's Fennekin didn't need to evolve for her goal either. There are three reasons I think Popplio will evolve at least once:
1. It seemingly knows Bubble Beam, a slightly higher leveled Water move. That indicates that it has to have some battle experience or training, because the writers don't just start out the starters with high-level elemebtal moves for no reason anymore
2. We know from SM16 that it's getting offscreen training and has made clear progress on its goal. Granted, it isn't battle training, but it's atill better than her not doing anything with it.
3. Brionne and Primarina can control the movements of their bubbles. Popplio can't. I would think that would be helpful for Lana's goal.

That right there is probably one of the best reasons for Popplio to evolve at least once. Brionne/Primarina being able to control its bubbles would definitely be helpful for Lana's goal. In fact, Lana may be able to expand upon her goal if Popplio were to evolve.

As you said, Serena's Fennekin didn't need to evolve for Serena's goal, and yet she did. While battling seems to be the primary way for a Pokémon to gain the experience necessary to evolve in the anime, that doesn't mean it's the only way. Just ordinary training, even for non-battle goals, may help a Pokémon gain the experience necessary to evolve. Also, as you pointed out, Popplio may not be at a low level. It may already have some battle experience or training.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think all three of the starters will evolve at least once. Litten should be obvious, and I've already said my piece on Rowlet. I know some may dismiss Popplio because of Lana's goal, but let's not forget that Serena's Fennekin didn't need to evolve for her goal either. There are three reasons I think Popplio will evolve at least once:

I'm still 50/50 on Lana getting a Primarina. I think it deoends on how early Popplio evolves (assuming it does). If she still has a Popplio when Ash is doing the Ula'Ula Trials, it's probably safe to say she won't get a Primarina, for example.

Primarina as a travelling Pokemon sounds quite hilarious to me to be honest. Won't it be a bit ridiculous to see Primarina walking on land along with Lana.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
https://supeffect.tumblr.com/post/154636858824/walking-animations-popplio-brionne-primarina

I don't think its walking animation is particularly comical. Then again, Popplio's walking animation doesn't look like that in the anime, so it may get changed.

I can actually imagine Primarina sort of "slithering" with its mermaid tail, while its front fins move similarly to Popplio's in the anime. I don't think its walking animation looks particularly comical, either; in fact, it has the potential to look kind of graceful, depending on how it's animated.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Every Pokemon should be animated with Heliolisk's walk animation anyway

johno1995

I can actually imagine Primarina sort of "slithering" with its mermaid tail, while its front fins move similarly to Popplio's in the anime. I don't think its walking animation looks particularly comical, either; in fact, it has the potential to look kind of graceful, depending on how it's animated.

Just because Popplio is a traveling Pokemon doesn't mean if it evolves it'll stay that way. I don't particularly see it staying out of its Ball, either, but I can imagine Lana's Popplio reaching Primarina status. I think that would be nice, and could make up for a potential lack of captures.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Every Pokemon should be animated with Heliolisk's walk animation anyway
Or Xurkitree's running animation.

Also, if Litten fully evolves, it needs to retain dat swag.

As for Primarina, I pretty much expect the same thing as Satomine. It's not like it would move around like an actual sea lion, because it's physically different (longer flippers, longer tail, slimmer).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
For diversity's sake, I like the idea of Lana fishing and catching a Dhelmise

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If Lana's Popplio does evolve all the way, then hopefully we don't see a Primarina with a rival. Empoleon can have a better shot at a rival Pokemon of Ash, cause it was never a final challenge for him. Primarina would look stupid with a male rival anyways unless it was another Harley type of character, where the character isn't exactly straight.
And Torterra would be dumb because of Incineroar being his ace.... and a past rival had it has his starter, Paul. Infernape will be just as dumb too, cause I'd actually like to see ASH'S much like I wanted to see HIS Sceptile and not some character's Sceptile I don't care about cause it isn't the bad *** Sceptile Ash has. Empoleon was given less time than those two in DP. And it would be quite cool if both his rivals had a bird-like starter as their ace. Hau with Decidueye, (Lucas/OC/Depends if DP remakes replace Lucas with another character like they did to Crystal with Lyra) with Empoleon.....

desdar300

I'm really wondering how they'll even handle Hau given he exist in the anime.
One would expect him to be in Ash's class if he was,

Status
Not open for further replies.