• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Um, Magearna has already appeared. Marshadow will appear in M20. Necrozma is left. Solgaleo-Lunala will probably appear in the anime series in the Aether foundation arc. Same for the UB's. So I can't see who will star in the next movie, until something like the Manaphy movie happens again.

Easy they can easily have Necrozma star in the next movie and then have gen 8 pokemon star in movie 22 and if they want to make it last 4 years then they could have a gen 8 pokemon star in movie 23 as well.

Red and Blue

Guess we will have to wait and see.

Anyway in regards to the main series, now that Sinnoh remakes are hinted maybe they will give some Sinnoh Pokemon to the main cast. Ash could finally get Lucario, lol.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not every Pokémon movie has starred a generation legendary. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew featured Mew, a Gen I legendary, and the main focus was on Lucario, who isn't a legendary at all. I see no reason why the next two (or three, if this generation lasts four years) movies can't do the same.
Lucario is one of the main mascots of the games, that's why. I honestly don't think any new Pokemon can be the next Lucario in terms of being a popular mascot.
Easy they can easily have Necrozma star in the next movie and then have gen 8 pokemon star in movie 22 and if they want to make it last 4 years then they could have a gen 8 pokemon star in movie 23 as well.

I highly doubt it. Two Gen 8 Pokemon starring in movies based on the Sun and Moon anime would be bit odd.

ShadowForce720

Lucario is one of the main mascots of the games, that's why. I honestly don't think any new Pokemon can be the next Lucario in terms of being a popular mascot.

I highly doubt it. Two Gen 8 Pokemon starring in movies based on the Sun and Moon anime would be bit odd.

Not any more of then gen 4 pokemon starring in 2 of the movies that were based on the Advance generation anime. Also as far as you thinking that no new pokemon can be the next Lucario in terms of being a popular mascot that didn't stop Zoroark from being the main focus in the final D&P movie.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

Anyway in regards to the main series, now that Sinnoh remakes are hinted maybe they will give some Sinnoh Pokemon to the main cast. Ash could finally get Lucario, lol.

I wouldn't mind that, heck maybe Ash's Buizel or Gible could come back and evolve.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not any more of then gen 4 pokemon starring in 2 of the movies that were based on the Advance generation anime.

Yeah, but well, Lucario wasn't a Legendary it was popular mascot. I wonder whether there would be any Lucario like mascot in Gen 8.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Not to mention, it takes a lot of time to make new gen games. They have to design new Pokemon, a new region, new characters, new moves and abilities, a plot for tge main story, post-game content, etc. as well as HD development and other technical stuff I admittedly don't know much about. Gen VIII would probably involve a hardware jump to the Switch, as well. I just find it hard to believe that GF would work on all that faster than previous generations. Sure, you could argue they want to get a game on the Switch quickly... but that didn't stop Gen V from lasting three years.

I just find it easier to believe they'll either introduce a new mythical or some future game (DP remakes) will introduce some new forms for distribution. It's a little premature to say this gen will only last two years just because of Marshadow being in M20 IMO.

ShadowForce720

Yeah, but well, Lucario wasn't a Legendary it was popular mascot. I wonder whether there would be any Lucario like mascot in Gen 8.

Except one of the reasons why Lucario became so popular is because it appeared in movie 8, and before that people never heard of a Lucario before movie 8, plus in the final D&P movie the main star was Zoroark which was a gen 5 pokemon. So I really don't see why a gen 8 non-legendary pokemon couldn't be the star of a gen 7 movie or 2.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't see why Necrozma can't be the star of M21 and a Gen VIII legendary can't be the star of M22.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Except one of the reasons why Lucario became so popular is because it appeared in movie 8, and before that people never heard of a Lucario before movie 8, plus in the final D&P movie the main star was Zoroark which was a gen 5 pokemon. So I really don't see why a gen 8 non-legendary pokemon couldn't be the star of a gen 7 movie or 2.

Yeah, certain non-legendaries have become a lot popular as well. I still wonder why Zoroark got a movie. Charizard is as popular as ever, keeps appearing in pretty much every series as an important Pokemon, Greninja(especially it's synchro form) is very popular among fans at the moment and was voted the most popular Pokemon in Japan. I think this depends upon what the franchise thinks- if they think a Pokemon has potential to be very popular, then they decide to promote it more through a movie or something.

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
I don't see why Necrozma can't be the star of M21 and a Gen VIII legendary can't be the star of M22.

usually the "third legendary" is a star in a movie when it's alongside a mythical pokemon (rayquaza and deoxys, giratina and shaymin, kyurem and keldeo). i just don't know how they'll make a movie with only necrozma. but hey, they've surprised us in the past, they could pull it off if they wanted.

although i agree one of the movies will definitely have a gen 8 pokemon.

Last edited:

Everything12

"Light is apparently the source of its energy. It has an extraordinarily vicious disposition and is constantly firing off laser beams." Maybe they could make a movie based around this with Necrozma awakening and Ash and the gang having to stop it maybe with the help of Solgaleo/Lunala or maybe the Tapus, or perhaps the story looks at what connection Necrozma has with the Ultra Beasts.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I for one crave DP remakes cause that was my favorite region.

I wonder if Litten will be that vicious if it makes it to Incineroar.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
M3 was just Entei. M6 was just Jirachi. M9 was just Manaphy. It's not like it's impossible for only one legendary to star in a movie.

Maybe Necrozma has another form we don't know about. That could easily be a distribution option for a movie. We know it's related to the Ultra Beasts somehow, the movue could go for that angle. And hey, you know what else they could distribute if they go that route? Shiny Ultra Beasts. Those are still unaccounted for, as well.

Really, there are options.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
M3 was just Entei. M6 was just Jirachi. M9 was just Manaphy. It's not like it's impossible for only one legendary to star in a movie.

Maybe Necrozma has another form we don't know about. That could easily be a distribution option for a movie. We know it's related to the Ultra Beasts somehow, the movie could go for that angle. And hey, you know what else they could distribute if they go that route? Shiny Ultra Beasts. Those are still unaccounted for, as well.

Really, there are options.

M3 had Unown but they're a really weird case where they're only Legendary in a large group like that. M6 had an artificial Groudon as the final boss. M9 is the only one I can think that only had one Legendary. Necrozma could probably carry a movie on its own though. especially if it gets connected to Ultra Space somehow as was hinted in the games.

Illusio

No words, only rage
M9 also had Kyogre (though said role was very minor in the scheme of things), so the only movie that had only one legendary present was M3 and as said above the Unown's role kind of filled the same void.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
M9 also had Kyogre (though said role was very minor in the scheme of things), so the only movie that had only one legendary present was M3 and as said above the Unown's role kind of filled the same void.
I'm aware that Kyogre was there, but really, it could havr been absent from the movie, and nothing would have changed, so I didn't include it.

I'm also aware of Unown and the fake Groudon, but one is not a legendary, and the other is not a real Pokemon. Who says they can't do something similar for Necrozma?

Everything12

They could have help Solgaleo/Lunala or the Tapus appear to help stop Necrozma destroy everything with its lasers, appearing in the anime didn't stop Palkia, Dialga, Zekrom, or Reshiram from appearing in movies. They could also have Ultra Beast appear if they explain Necrozma's connection to them, and it's not like all the Ultra Beasts have to appear in the anime only Nihilego has to appear for the plot if its based of the games.

Red and Blue

It'd be nice if Lillie got a Sinnoh starter. I could see her with Piplup or Chimchar

Status
Not open for further replies.