• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre2725

Just because Ash interacts with a Pokemon does not mean he has to catch it.

True, but this was a classic setup for a capture.
Antagonistic/scared pokemon gets trapped, Ash takes off and helps/rescues it and thus bonds with the pokemon.
Added that this is a fairly weak pokemon until it evolves and the table is set.

Would not be surprised if this results in a capture in one of the following episodes.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Wimipod would be perfect for Ash. I'm hoping he gets his full team quickly so that the rest of SM can be more focused on the companions captures and other stuff.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Wimipod would be perfect for Ash. I'm hoping he gets his full team quickly so that the rest of SM can be more focused on the companions captures and other stuff.

I agree! Noibat and to an extent Goodra and practically any other Pokemon caught late on is usually underdeveloped. A team of five around episode 35 would be great, considering Litten is already pretty well developed.

Maybe throw in a companion Pokemon or two during SM026 to SM035. We already got an evolution, that was cool :)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I actually don't want Wimpod on his team. It would have to evolve early, and I'm not a fan of Golisopod's design. If they didn't want Boldore to evolve because Gigalith was too much work animating, wait until they see Golisopod.

NPT

Just a member
I don't want Ash to get a Lucario of all Pokémon. Lucario is already overrated as it is, and Ash catching one would just be overkill.

I'm fine with Ash catching any gen 4 Pokémon other than Lucario though.

Last edited:

batman14

I don't want Ash to get a Lucario of all Pokémon. Lucario is already overrated as it is, and Ash catching one would just be overkill.

I'm fine with Ash catching any gen 4 Pokémon other than Lucario though.

If its a random Lucario i do agree with you but if it is the Riolu he bound with then i wouldnt mind at all if he got one

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think Ash shoukd develop the Pokemon he already has before catching another Pokemon. He had a full tram in BW early on as well, and look how that turned out.

And FTR, I'm still not sold on Wimpod. This wouldn't be the first time Ash has bonded with a Pokemon and never saw it again. This could very well be another Hippopotas or shiny Phantump situation. Though I do think if it appears again, it's probably getting caught.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I think Ash shoukd develop the Pokemon he already has before catching another Pokemon. He had a full tram in BW early on as well, and look how that turned out.

And FTR, I'm still not sold on Wimpod. This wouldn't be the first time Ash has bonded with a Pokemon and never saw it again. This could very well be another Hippopotas or shiny Phantump situation. Though I do think if it appears again, it's probably getting caught.

The pace is the only thing that could disturb do not catch another pokemon after litten. AG and XY had him with 4 to 5 pokemon for so much time, that the later captures suffered with that. Have him train, develop and evolve the pokemon he have now, but not taking so long to catch something new and have no time to work with it.

Of course, assuming Alola League will be a thing, not a school tournament or something similar.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The pace is the only thing that could disturb do not catch another pokemon after litten. AG and XY had him with 4 to 5 pokemon for so much time, that the later captures suffered with that. Have him train, develop and evolve the pokemon he have now, but not taking so long to catch something new and have no time to work with it.

Of course, assuming Alola League will be a thing, not a school tournament or something similar.
I agree they shouldn't wait too long. Having them wait too long and winding up with an underdeveloped Pokemon is just aa bad as rushing all his captures. But consider the Pokemon he has now. Rowlet has only been in two battles, and Rockruff has only been in one. Litten just got caught and hasn't been in an official battle yet. Give those Pokemon a little time to shine first.

I still expect one more capture from Ash this year, but I don't expect it to come at least until the end of the year.

esquilo09

Sure the writers didn't really give him one a past gen pokemon in previous generations, that until 6th generation the pokemon that advertise the remakes went to the companions but in gen 6 we had a rival that had pokemon that advertise the current remakes at the time so I really don't see the problem with Ash getting one pokemon that advertise the D&P remakes(if the come out this generation), as it would still be advertising the remakes which would be the current remakes at that time.

If this happens, he might get a Riolu which later evolve into Lucario, I wish he would catch a Weavile but since it was used for evil twice in XYZ the chances are 0%.... *Sigh*

Luthor

I would like to see Ash getting a Regional Variant. It'd make for some interesting focus Ash having to understand additional challenges of how the pokemon were different from the ones he's used to. Like getting used to a Sandslash that takes no damage from poison type moves.

Everything12

These are the Pokemon I think the main cast could have by the end of the series.
Ash: Pikachu, Incineroar (Ace), Decidueye, Lycanroc (Midday), Golisopod/Sandslash (Alolan), Kommo-o
Lillie: Ninetales (Alolan)
Kiawe: Turtonator, Charizard, Marowak (Alolan)
Mallow: Steenee, Lurantis
Lana: Popplio/Brionne, Araquanid
Sophocles: Togedemaru, Golem(Alolan)/Vikavolt?
Jessie: Wobbuffet, Mimikyu
James: Toxapex

ShadowForce720

I agree they shouldn't wait too long. Having them wait too long and winding up with an underdeveloped Pokemon is just aa bad as rushing all his captures. But consider the Pokemon he has now. Rowlet has only been in two battles, and Rockruff has only been in one. Litten just got caught and hasn't been in an official battle yet. Give those Pokemon a little time to shine first.

I still expect one more capture from Ash this year, but I don't expect it to come at least until the end of the year.

And yet Ash still has to do all 3 totem battles that are on Akala Island, along with battling the Kahuna, and most likely having a battle against Gladion and/or Plumeria. So I don't see the problem with Ash getting another pokemon right now as they could break it up like this:

Rockruff stars in the battle against Oliva.
The new capture stars in one of the totem battles.
While the other 2 totem battles and Gladion are divided up among Pikachu, Rowlet, and Litten, and then if Ash winds up battling Plumeria then one of the pokemon can get another shinning moment like may the Plumeria and Oliva battles will be a Rockruff focus thing.

Either way your making it sound like there isn't enough battles on Akala Island to give Ash's 4 pokemon + a new capture focus, which is simply not true. So I really don't see the issue with Ash catching another pokemon soon.

Red and Blue

In Kalos he didn't get a full team until literally the time of the league. I think he could make do with only four Pokemon until the third island.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
And yet Ash still has to do all 3 totem battles that are on Akala Island, along with battling the Kahuna, and most likely having a battle against Gladion and/or Plumeria. So I don't see the problem with Ash getting another pokemon right now as they could break it up like this:

Rockruff stars in the battle against Oliva.
The new capture stars in one of the totem battles.
While the other 2 totem battles and Gladion are divided up among Pikachu, Rowlet, and Litten, and then if Ash winds up battling Plumeria then one of the pokemon can get another shinning moment like may the Plumeria and Oliva battles will be a Rockruff focus thing.

Either way your making it sound like there isn't enough battles on Akala Island to give Ash's 4 pokemon + a new capture focus, which is simply not true. So I really don't see the issue with Ash catching another pokemon soon.

I see the issue with it. He doesn't need so many Pokemon this soon. We all know happened in BW- many Pokemon remained underdeveloped due to Ash catching too many Pokemon earlier on. Do we really need another BW again?

ShadowForce720

I see the issue with it. He doesn't need so many Pokemon this soon. We all know happened in BW- many Pokemon remained underdeveloped due to Ash catching too many Pokemon earlier on. Do we really need another BW again?

Except it's not like BW at all considering in BW by this time he had 7 pokemon with him and 3 of them being the 3 Unova starters. There is no really issue of him getting another capture, as like pointed out there are plenty of battles to go around on Akala Island for each pokemon to get their own staring and focus battle.

In Kalos he didn't get a full team until literally the time of the league. I think he could make do with only four Pokemon until the third island.

And yet in Sinnoh and Unova he had a full team before the league, it varies from region to region, and we don't even know the amount of pokemon he get this region it could be 5 captures or it could be 6 or even 7 captures, we don't know. Plus putting off a capture just means that the captures that come after it will have less time to get development. I really don't see why Ash should have to wait until Ula Ula Island just to get another capture. Plus I'd much rather that if Ash is going to skip out on a island for a capture then that the island be Poni Island since that will be towards the end of the series where there isn't much time, rather then skipping out on Akala Island where there are enough battles to ensure that Ash's current pokemon + a new capture to get some focus.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

But that problem was from Ash catching too many Pokémon period (and the writers apparently being incapable of developing them all). If Ash only catches a total of five Alola Pokémon (for a full team of six, including Pikachu), then catching them all sooner rather than later leaves more time to develop each member of his team.

I'm not saying Ash should catch a full team earlier on in the series, but I won't be upset if he does, as long as that means each member of his team gets more time for development.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
These are the Pokemon I think the main cast could have by the end of the series.
Ash: Pikachu, Incineroar (Ace), Decidueye, Lycanroc (Midday), Golisopod/Sandslash (Alolan), Kommo-o
Lillie: Ninetales (Alolan)
Kiawe: Turtonator, Charizard, Marowak (Alolan)
Mallow: Steenee, Lurantis
Lana: Popplio/Brionne, Araquanid
Sophocles: Togedemaru, Golem(Alolan)/Vikavolt?
Jessie: Wobbuffet, Mimikyu
James: Toxapex

I think these are very good predictions. The only thing I personally wouldn't hope on though is Ash evolving Rowlet to Decidueye, since Decidueye is a ghost type.

ShadowForce720

I think these are very good predictions. The only thing I personally wouldn't hope on though is Ash evolving Rowlet to Decidueye, since Decidueye is a ghost type.

Let me make this clear just because Decidueye is a ghost type doesn't mean that it will somehow magically prevent Ash from getting it. Whether or not Ash's Rowlet fully evolves is do to a number of factors, but I think it's safe to say that Decidueye being part Ghost type is not a reason for Ash not to get it.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Let me make this clear just because Decidueye is a ghost type doesn't mean that it will somehow magically prevent Ash from getting it. Whether or not Ash's Rowlet fully evolves is do to a number of factors, but I think it's safe to say that Decidueye being part Ghost type is not a reason for Ash not to get it.

I'm only saying this because there are not one, not two but several types I don't recall Ash ever getting (ghost, psychic, steel(?), fairy, another electric). Yet Ash can get grass, water, flying and fire every region or almost every region. I don't think you can blame me for thinking like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.