• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro39

No, ORAS may be a remake of gen 3 games but it is still considered gen 6 games that why when you look it up it's listed under gen 6, remakes are games of the current gen they came out in not the gen the original games came out in. This isn't a matter of my opinion it's a matter of fact that when you look up ORAS it's labeled as a gen 6 game, and vice verse in that if you look up gen 6 ORAS is listed under it.

Okay, this discussion is going in circles. Alright, let me ask you this. What gen 4 Pokemon do you think Ash should catch, besides what he, Dawn, and Brock already have?

ShadowForce720

Okay, this discussion is going in circles. Alright, let me ask you this. What gen 4 Pokemon do you think Ash should catch, besides what he, Dawn, and Brock already have?

Possible options I could see him getting would be:
Riolu
Skorupi
Hippopotas
Shellos
Bronzor
Drifloon
Snover

Ralts under the assumption that it would become a Gallade.
Rhyhorn under the assumption that it would become a Rhypherior

It would be nice to see Ash get a Porygon and evolve it all the way into a Porygon-Z although I think that would probably wouldn't happen.
Also I would not be opposed to Ash getting a Sneasel and evolving it into a Weavile.

Last edited:

Spyro39

Possible options I could see him getting would be:
Riolu
Skorupi
Hippopotas
Shellos
Bronzor
Drifloon
Snover

Ralts under the assumption that it would become a Gallade.
Rhyhorn under the assumption that it would become a Rhypherior

It would be nice to see Ash get a Porygon and evolve it all the way into a Porygon-Z although I think that would probably wouldn't happen.
Also I would not be opposed to Ash getting a Sneasel and evolving it into a Weavile.

Interesting choices, though I doubt Ash is going to catch Riolu. He's had many opportunities to get one, and there are plenty of other trainers in the anime with a Lucario. Lucario has already had enough screen time (it's even being featured in the 20th movie).

I don't think we'll ever see Porygon in the anime, due to obvious reasons.

Red and Blue

If they bring back mega evolution for Sinnoh remakes, he might get something that will mega evolve. He should be able to use mega evolution this time since the Z ring has the mechanic

kickachu

Momentai!
Question what you guys think this series trade might be and which one of ashs pokemon will return

Red and Blue

Question what you guys think this series trade might be and which one of ashs pokemon will return

Trade? While not totally impossible I doubt Ash is trading any of his Alola mons. As for returning, maybe. If he uses reserves for the league(or Alola's version of it)

ShadowForce720

Trade? While not totally impossible I doubt Ash is trading any of his Alola mons. As for returning, maybe. If he uses reserves for the league(or Alola's version of it)

Um, when he said trade for the series I don't think he meant specifically Ash trading but more in general, you know for instance Ash might not trade any pokemon this generation but maybe one of the other main characters wind up in a situation where they trade, for example I could see Sophocles maybe doing a trade to evolve Alolan Graveler into a Alolan Golem.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If they bring back mega evolution for Sinnoh remakes, he might get something that will mega evolve. He should be able to use mega evolution this time since the Z ring has the mechanic

that still infuriates me to this day, so they won't let Ash use Mega Evolution and tampered with his Greninja to have a special form to prevent him from getting one, but they throw Z-moves on him first chance in SM.

I honestly wouldn't mind if Ash did catch a 4th gen pokemon, i'd like to see that pattern get broken finally.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
that still infuriates me to this day, so they won't let Ash use Mega Evolution and tampered with his Greninja to have a special form to prevent him from getting one, but they throw Z-moves on him first chance in SM.

I honestly wouldn't mind if Ash did catch a 4th gen pokemon, i'd like to see that pattern get broken finally.

Giving a current Gen Pokemon spotlight and special transformation which reflects the incredible bond between Ash and the Pokemon(Greninja) is much better than bringing back an Ind Gen Pokemon which has already got a lot of spotlight and focus makes a lot more sense. A unique transformation in Ash and Greninja become morphed into each other being synched together in body and mind- that was a lot more cool. If he still got a Mega then it should have been both Ash-Greninja and MC-Y, with Charizard coming back just before the League, but I certainly don't think that anything should have replaced Ash-Greninja, especially not a older Gen Pokemon which has already got a lot of focus beforehand.

dp045

There will be no Mega's in the possible remake of Sinnoh, since the now are the Move-Z. It would be more likely that the starters of Sinnoh and Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus give them their own Move-Z.

It is difficult that Ash gets to use the Megaevolution since the update of the Z-Ring occurs in the post-game and this is almost never adapted to the anime. Also, what defines this generation are the Move-Z and that is what most worked Ash to dominate it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
There will be no Mega's in the possible remake of Sinnoh, since the now are the Move-Z. It would be more likely that the starters of Sinnoh and Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus give them their own Move-Z.

It is difficult that Ash gets to use the Megaevolution since the update of the Z-Ring occurs in the post-game and this is almost never adapted to the anime. Also, what defines this generation are the Move-Z and that is what most worked Ash to dominate it.

Ash can have a Mega later on if the writers want to- a Z-ring can be also used as a Mega ring. But the Ash-Greninja transformation was also something else, a special transformation where where Ash and Greninja gets synched into body and mind through their incredible bond and trust, sharing each other's vision and pain. Was that any less than a Mega Evolution? And on the plus side, Ash-Greninja can use a Z-move, while Mega Evolved Pokemon can't. Imagine if that happens in the future!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Giving a current Gen Pokemon spotlight and special transformation which reflects the incredible bond between Ash and the Pokemon(Greninja) is much better than bringing back an Ind Gen Pokemon which has already got a lot of spotlight and focus makes a lot more sense.

I disagree, Greninja to me was a fine pokemon as it was, it didn't need the form change to be special.

A unique transformation in Ash and Greninja become morphed into each other being synched together in body and mind- that was a lot more cool. If he still got a Mega then it should have been both Ash-Greninja and MC-Y, with Charizard coming back just before the League, but I certainly don't think that anything should have replaced Ash-Greninja, especially not a older Gen Pokemon which has already got a lot of focus beforehand.

FTR I like Greninja too, but giving it a transformation just to forgo giving Ash a Mega was a huge cop out to me, his Charizard and Sceptile were more than capable of going, and i'm sure given how pitiful Trevor's Charizard preformed with the Y form, if Ash ever does get a mega stone for it, hopefully it'll be Y so the form can be redeemed.

And the transformation was more of a crutch than an extension of the pokemon's abilities.

There will be no Mega's in the possible remake of Sinnoh, since the now are the Move-Z.

They very well could since remakes have more liberties than the new games.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I disagree, Greninja to me was a fine pokemon as it was, it didn't need the form change to be special.

FTR I like Greninja too, but giving it a transformation just to forgo giving Ash a Mega was a huge cop out to me, his Charizard and Sceptile were more than capable of going, and i'm sure given how pitiful Trevor's Charizard preformed with the Y form, if Ash ever does get a mega stone for it, hopefully it'll be Y so the form can be redeemed.

And the transformation was more of a crutch than an extension of the pokemon's abilities.
I still don't understand how you are thinking that giving a older Gen Pokemon spotlight is better than giving a current Gen Pokemon spotlight. Charizard and Sceptile have gotten plenty of spotlight beforehand, bringing them back would've taken away the spotlight from the current Gen Pokemon. Making a current Gen Pokemon the ace is reasonable, and thus, giving it a special transformation. A special transformation, which reflects the bond between Ash and Greninja, where it resembles Ash and they share each other's feelings- I can't see what's wrong with that. And what has Ash-Greninja failed to do what Charizard could have. If Charizard came back, he would have taken away the spotlight from the current Gen Pokemon+also lost to Alain's MC-X- the writers weren't going to let Ash win a League.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Be real, the Z-move Greninja uses will most likely have the same effect as Orange Shuriken.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Be real, the Z-move Greninja uses will most likely have the same effect as Orange Shuriken.

It still made MC-X stumble? The weaker Shuriken against Mega Sceptile had way more effect, despite a quad-resistance.

Plot armor dude, that's what matters. :)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I still don't understand how you are thinking that giving a older Gen Pokemon spotlight is better than giving a current Gen Pokemon spotlight.

Maybe I want to see some nostalgia out of Ash's pokemon, he's got so many pokemon now it's hard to see all of them get used equally anymore, and he just keeps stocking up that it makes investing intrest in the new guys pointless cause their going to end up like his old ones, and when a league comes around which is one of the few times they can get some exercise, people don't want them to come out for fear of taking glory from the new guys.

Except during filler arcs which lead to pointless goals that do not help Ash towards his endgame.

The reason why I want him to catch lucario is because I still believe it would fit him and can showcase quite a few Z-moves for him due to the versital moves it can learn, and I bet people would probably take that over the other fighting pokemon which people seem to be well fighting over quite abit.

Charizard and Sceptile have gotten plenty of spotlight beforehand, bringing them back would've taken away the spotlight from the current Gen Pokemon.

Because out of the pokemon that Ash had that could mega evolve those two made the most sense. Heracross and Jason didn't have near the level of bond those two did and Sceptile could've been for ORAS promotion.

Making a current Gen Pokemon the ace is reasonable, and thus, giving it a special transformation.

Making a current gen guy the ace is fine(hoping Litten is the Ace for Alola), giving it something it didn't need isn't.

A special transformation, which reflects the bond between Ash and Greninja, where it resembles Ash and they share each other's feelings- I can't see what's wrong with that.

It got triggered in nearly every freaking battle Ash and Greninja were involved in after it's first few inceptions and the one time he tried to trigger it by force, failed and got beaten by Sawyer's Sceptile.

this ain't DBZ, we didn't need to see it in every single fight, that made it less special.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Maybe I want to see some nostalgia out of Ash's pokemon, he's got so many pokemon now it's hard to see all of them get used equally anymore, and he just keeps stocking up that it makes investing intrest in the new guys pointless cause their going to end up like his old ones, and when a league comes around which is one of the few times they can get some exercise, people don't want them to come out for fear of taking glory from the new guys.

Except during filler arcs which lead to pointless goals that do not help Ash towards his endgame.

The reason why I want him to catch lucario is because I still believe it would fit him and can showcase quite a few Z-moves for him due to the versital moves it can learn, and I bet people would probably take that over the other fighting pokemon which people seem to be well fighting over quite abit.

Because out of the pokemon that Ash had that could mega evolve those two made the most sense. Heracross and Jason didn't have near the level of bond those two did and Sceptile could've been for ORAS promotion.

Making a current gen guy the ace is fine(hoping Litten is the Ace for Alola), giving it something it didn't need isn't.

It got triggered in nearly every freaking battle Ash and Greninja were involved in after it's first few inceptions and the one time he tried to trigger it by force, failed and got beaten by Sawyer's Sceptile.

this ain't DBZ, we didn't need to see it in every single fight, that made it less special.

Without the transformation, Greninja wouldn't have been competent against Megas, that's why the transformation was essential, I can't see why it was not needed or necessary. The writers wanted to portray Greninja as the ace. That transformation reflects their bond and connection, they went through everything together. And if you're complaining about the fact that the transformation triggered in each and every battle which made it repitative, then the same was with Alain's MC-X- there was no difference, he also literally used it in every battle. The entire Ash-Greninja arc was like that.

And continuity and nostalgia is good, but an older Gen Pokemon coming and getting a ME means it will get majority of the spotlight and take it away from the members of Ash's XY team. The writers wanted to focus on the current Gen and members of Ash's team, it's simple.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
And continuity and nostalgia is good, but an older Gen Pokemon coming and getting a ME means it will get majority of the spotlight and take it away from the members of Ash's XY team. The writers wanted to focus on the current Gen and members of Ash's team, it's simple.

you said earlier if it was only for the league it would've been fine, that's how i felt about Charizard or Scepitle mega evolving.

Come back long enough to learn how to do it, then go back to Oak until the league/TF arc, i did not want him to keep the pokemon on him at all times.

Anyways i'm tired of this cause we're just going in circles now, my last thought is this, if DP remakes do happen I want Ash to get a Riolu/Lucario, not for mega evolution but for Z-moves and to break the "he can't catch old pokemon in a new gen." pattern.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
you said earlier if it was only for the league it would've been fine, that's how i felt about Charizard or Scepitle mega evolving.

Come back long enough to learn how to do it, then go back to Oak until the league/TF arc, i did not want him to keep the pokemon on him at all times.
If you are saying coming back shortly for the League, then I agree, but not before that while the Ash-Greninja arc was going on or so. In the League it would have been fine if Ash-Greninja took on Mega Sceptile and Charizard as MC-Y took on Alain's MC-X.

I really wanted Ash to get a Lucario, it suits so well with him, with his aura abilities, most fanfiction writers give Ash a Lucario xD. I was really pissed off when he didn't catch the Aura Sphere Riolu. I really hope that Ash gets a Lucario if the DP remakes happen.

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Are we not jumping the gun a little bit on DP remakes all because two Gen 4 Pokemon are in M20 ignoring the fact those two of are famous Pokemon mascots themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.