• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Goodra is in Kalos while Ash is in Alola. If he wants to call Goodra back, the wetlands are going to need a machine that transfers Pokeballs to another region.

Ash can contact both Keanan, Sycamore and Oak if he wants. Keanan can go Sycamore's lab and then Sycamore can transfer Goodra to Oak's lab via the Pokeball transportation system. And then Oak sends Goodra to Ash. Greninja can return similarly. Greninja as a Froakie was a Pokemon at Sycamore's lab and it knows Sycamore very well. Sycamore can go and meet Greninja, bring it to his lab and then transfer it to Oak via the Pokeball transportation system and Oak can subsequently transport it to Ash. Remember that both Greninja and Goodra's Pokeballs are at Oak's lab, so it very much possible to get the back.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Ash won't bring Goodra back, he pretty much willed it on to stay at the wetlands with its friends.

Greninja's more likely, but I don't see it returning for anything other than a potential league.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash won't bring Goodra back, he pretty much willed it on to stay at the wetlands with its friends.

Greninja's more likely, but I don't see it returning for anything other than a potential league.

Both can return, if Ash wants, more precisely, if the writers want. ;)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I want to see both Goodra and Greninja again and get some really notable victories.

If any pokemon deserves to come back and get some notable victories, its definitely Torterra over these 2. At least they have 1 victory to their name. Torterra deserves it more, plus Greninja and Goodra are too recent, Torterra is now a pokemon Ash got 10 years ago (Wow, I can't believe it, 10 years ago Ash was travelling around with Turtwig...10 years!!!! That only feels like yesterday).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If any pokemon deserves to come back and get some notable victories, its definitely Torterra over these 2. At least they have 1 victory to their name. Torterra deserves it more, plus Greninja and Goodra are too recent, Torterra is now a pokemon Ash got 10 years ago (Wow, I can't believe it, 10 years ago Ash was travelling around with Turtwig...10 years!!!! That only feels like yesterday).

It coming back during the Sinnoh remakes and defeating Palmer's Rhyperior(which it couldn't as a Grotle) would be nice! :)

Red and Blue

Does anyone think Ash will evolve Rowlet and Litten to their final evolutions? I sure hope so.

I'm positive Litten will fully evolve given that they seem to be setting it up to be the alolan ace. Rowlet is debatable since they might want it to stay unevolved for marketing purposes

Infernape55

Some Sketchy Guy
While I am a Greninja fan, I do agree that it'd probably be better if Ash's Alola team focused on Gen VII mons, just so it feels "fully-realized" for this region so to speak.

If the theories prove true, then more Gen IV promotion will likely be coming, as it accompanies every remake. But this time around, I think it's good that we have such a large cast of characters. Any or all of Ash's friends could be used to showcase Gen IV mons, and it'd probably add some cool development on their part.

In terms of Ash's team, I find myself leaning more and more toward Dewpider and/or Araquanid. (I started rotating one on my in-game team recently so perhaps there's bias). But I think it could definitely suit his battle style and let him showcase those two types of Z-Moves. Also, though its more difficult to put my finger on, it sort of has this "ugly-cute" look to it that the team doesn't really have quite yet. It could be both endearing and tough, but not steal the spotlight from the more mascot-ish ones.

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Does anyone think Ash will evolve Rowlet and Litten to their final evolutions? I sure hope so.

Without a doubt Litten I think will go all the way. As for Rowlet, that's a tricky one, I feel its being marketed as the Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin of the series, yet Decidueye is so popular, it would be a shame not to promote it. I want it to go all the way, but the fact it seems to be the comic relief, I'm not sure it will.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'm pretty confident Litten will fully evolve. I think it's obvious it's being set up as the regional ace with its development so far. Rowlet is a bit more uncertain because it's such a marketable Pokemon that the writers might choose not to evolve it. However, its battling style - using Leafage to sneak up on opponents and strike- just sounds like sometging Decidueye would do, and Decidueye still has to debut in the anime somehow. Given the structure of the series, I'm starting to think Ash won't have a rival aside from like Tapu Koko and Kiawe and maybe Gladion when he shows up, and Decidueye is such a popular Pokemon that I don't see the writers kust throwing it into a filler episode. So other than Ash getting Decidueye, I don't see how else they could debut it unless I'm wrong about the rival thing.

ShadowForce720

Without a doubt Litten I think will go all the way. As for Rowlet, that's a tricky one, I feel its being marketed as the Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin of the series, yet Decidueye is so popular, it would be a shame not to promote it. I want it to go all the way, but the fact it seems to be the comic relief, I'm not sure it will.

Actually most of the comic relief your talking about when referring to Rowlet, is going by the poke dex entries something that all Rowlets do, and as for the whole thing with Steenee, keep in mind that it's clearly been shown that Sweet Scent does attract other pokemon, so it's not that unusual for one pokemon like Rowlet for example to attack Steenee when Sweet Scent goes off, also another thing in regards to people trying to say that Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin of this generation is that unlike them Rowlet is not really stealing or hogging any attention and the whole Steenee thing doesn't happen every single episode,

for instance we've only seen that Rowlet attack Steenee/Bounsweet in 3 out of 22 episodes, so when you really stop and think about it that gag hasn't been used a lot, nor does Rowlet being comic relief really happen in every single episode where as if you look at Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin them being comedic relief happened a lot more often. Also another thing to consider is the fact that even if Rowlet is used for comic relief that wouldn't stop it from evolving all the way to Decidueye because if you read the Rowlet's line's dex entries you would know that they each have a quirk about them that can be used for comic relief.

Actually most of the comic relief your talking about when referring to Rowlet, is going by the poke dex entries something that all Rowlets do, and as for the whole thing with Steenee, keep in mind that it's clearly been shown that Sweet Scent does attract other pokemon, so it's not that unusual for one pokemon like Rowlet for example to attack Steenee when Sweet Scent goes off, also another thing in regards to people trying to say that Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin of this generation is that unlike them Rowlet is not really stealing or hogging any attention and the whole Steenee thing doesn't happen every single episode,

for instance we've only seen that Rowlet attack Steenee/Bounsweet in 3 out of 22 episodes, so when you really stop and think about it that gag hasn't been used a lot, nor does Rowlet being comic relief really happen in every single episode where as if you look at Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin them being comedic relief happened a lot more often. Also another thing to consider is the fact that even if Rowlet is used for comic relief that wouldn't stop it from evolving all the way to Decidueye because if you read the Rowlet's line's dex entries you would know that they each have a quirk about them that can be used for comic relief.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero

Rowlet might fully evolve, because:
-Rowlet is taking the regional bird's role, because it had a family with Pikipek Line and Ash is not getting a regional bird this gen.
-Rowlet and its evolutionary line canonically act funny and weird (Sleepy, Birdbrain, etc), as Pokedex said.
-Decidueye is the most popular Fully Evolved Alola Starter in Japan. (Same with Primarina, I think)

Litten will become the regional ace when it fully evolves, without doubt.

So yeah, I think they will evolve to their final evolution.
I wouldn't surprised if Litten wouldn't fully evolve. (I meant, Incineroar was the least popular Fully Evolved Alola Starter in Japan)

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Do you really want Rowlet to become the next Torterra? Because that's exactly what will happen if it evolves.
It does not mean that at all. Just because something happened once doesn't mean it's going to happen again.

Everything12

Honestly why would anything become the new Torterra it's not like they purposefully made it suck so why would they do it again? Honestly all these guesses made based on patterns are fundamentally flawed based on the fact that the anime staff does not have to follow these patterns as shown by Dragon types with Gen IV, Grass types last Gen, and Pikipek this Gen.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Part of the reason I don't think Rowlet will end up like Torterra if both it and Litten fully evolve is the fact that Torterra is a less mobile, tanky Pokemon. Ash's battle strategies typically revolve around mobility. He needs Pokemon that have the ability to run around and dodge attacks effectively, something Torterra can't do. And it's not just Torterra. Pretty much every tanky Pokemon Ash has ever owned has been a flop. They've had maybe one good battle (Torkoal vs. Registeel, Goodra vs. Luxray, Boldore vs. Excadrill), but have otherwise proven less effective than Ash's more mobile Pokemon.

Decidueye is not a less mobile, tanky Pokemon like Torterra is. It can actually run around and fly and be mobile. So I think Decidueye would do fine with Ash. I can easily see it being like a less speedy version of Sceptile that can also fly.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Part of the reason I don't think Rowlet will end up like Torterra if both it and Litten fully evolve is the fact that Torterra is a less mobile, tanky Pokemon. Ash's battle strategies typically revolve around mobility. He needs Pokemon that have the ability to run around and dodge attacks effectively, something Torterra can't do. And it's not just Torterra. Pretty much every tanky Pokemon Ash has ever owned has been a flop. They've had maybe one good battle (Torkoal vs. Registeel, Goodra vs. Luxray, Boldore vs. Excadrill), but have otherwise proven less effective than Ash's more mobile Pokemon.

Decidueye is not a less mobile, tanky Pokemon like Torterra is. It can actually run around and fly and be mobile. So I think Decidueye would do fine with Ash. I can easily see it being like a less speedy version of Sceptile that can also fly.

I thought Decidueye couldn't fly. Wait, that's probably just people assuming that because it lost its Flying typing (Top 10 anime betrayals). Considering it's the fastest of the starters bar Torracat, I think Rowlet will evolve all the way, though it may stay as a Rowlet for quite some time yet. Litten clearly wants to get stronger, so it will evolve at some point. rockruff is also highly likely to evolve. For Ash's last two slots, how about Oranguru an Drampa? That's a Psychic-type, one he hasn't ever really used and Drampa would be a counterpart to kiawe's Turtonator.

Status
Not open for further replies.