• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything12

Personally I think Kommo-o suits him more myself, honestly I could see a good episode based off its Pokedex entry's "It has a compassionate personality, but if it is angered, it completely destroys its surroundings with its intense breath./This Pokémon is friendly to people and loves children most of all. It comes from deep in the mountains to play with children it likes in town."

I also think the problem is based off the personality shown in its Pokedex entry's I can't see a reason for it to travel with Ash it just doesn't seem like a very competitive Pokemon nor can I see it needing Ash's help beside the child thing which would prevent it from going with Ash because it would want to stay with the children.

Last edited:

Cat's Eye Draco

Personally I think Kommo-o suits him more myself, honestly I could see a good episode based off its Pokedex entry's "It has a compassionate personality, but if it is angered, it completely destroys its surroundings with its intense breath./This Pokémon is friendly to people and loves children most of all. It comes from deep in the mountains to play with children it likes in town."

I also think the problem is based off the personality shown in its Pokedex entry's I can't see a reason for it to travel with Ash it just doesn't seem like a very competitive Pokemon nor can I see it needing Ash's help beside the child thing which would prevent it from going with Ash because it would want to stay with the children.

Not necessarily. Ash is a child. His friends are children. The school they attend is bursting with children (that we rarely see, of course, but they still exist). For that reason alone being captured by Ash and going to classes with him everyday would be a Drampa's dream. :D

Edit: Drampa, not Kommo-o. Mixed up those dragons again... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Not necessarily. Ash is a child. His friends are children. The school they attend is bursting with children (that we rarely see, of course, but they still exist). For that reason alone being captured by Ash and going to classes with him everyday would be a Kommo-o's dream. :D
Erm... you mean Drampa? Drampa's the one that likes kids.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Not necessarily. Ash is a child. His friends are children. The school they attend is bursting with children (that we rarely see, of course, but they still exist). For that reason alone being captured by Ash and going to classes with him everyday would be a Kommo-o's dream. :D

You mean Drampa there. Kommo-o's entry is all about being a rip off of Klefki (When it spots enemies, it threatens them by jingling the scales on its tail. Weak opponents will crack and flee in panic. ) or more like Armaldo (Its rigid scales function as offense and defense. In the past, its scales were processed and used to make weapons and other commodities. ).

Cat's Eye Draco

Erm... you mean Drampa? Drampa's the one that likes kids.

You mean Drampa there. Kommo-o's entry is all about being a rip off of Klefki (When it spots enemies, it threatens them by jingling the scales on its tail. Weak opponents will crack and flee in panic. ) or more like Armaldo (Its rigid scales function as offense and defense. In the past, its scales were processed and used to make weapons and other commodities. ).

*face-palm* I can't believe I missed that (and after double checking twice, too). Somehow I always manage to mix the Alola dragons up. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the correction, guys. Edited to reflect it.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Popularity in Japan is a factor, but it's not the only thing that matters. There is simply no way Pignite is more popular than Tepig or Emboar. That thing was basically **** on when those starters were leaked. On the flip side, I would think Dewott and Grovyle were more popular than Oshawott and Sceptile respectively yet Ash didn't end up with either of those. Marshtomp isn't very popular either, and that's what Brock ended up with.

I bring up Japan, though, because in Japan, Rowlet is actually the most popular in its evolution line. Awhile back, someone posted the sales figures for starter merchandise, and Rowlet was selling really well.

And Goomy is the most popular in its evolutionary line, so it fully evolved into Goodra.. Yep.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
RedJirachi talked about Popularity being a factor for a starter not evolving and yes... thats the case. The evolved forms are more popular than their first form and in the case of Bayleef, Quilava and Pignite, their second form is the most popular and the starters that did not evolve are more popular in their base form. Same applies for Litten. Torracat is more popular than Incineroar, while both Decideueye and Primarina are the most popular from their line.

Torracat is more popular than Incineroar? That's a surprise on my end, I assume it was like Dartix in being the awkward puberty middle stage. Hmmm...with what you're saying we might finally get Ash's first real Ghost type as Haunter wasn't technically his

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't know where else to ask this, but can I get a quick reminder of when PokeFan magazine starts leaking please?

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I don't know where else to ask this, but can I get a quick reminder of when PokeFan magazine starts leaking please?

Next issue of PokeFan magazine comes out April 28. It might leak, 1-3 days before the release date.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Next issue of PokeFan magazine comes out April 28. It might leak, 1-3 days before the release date.
And the Dugtrio episode will have aired by then, so there's a chance we could get more titles then. I have a feeling May 11 is going to be a break, but that's okay.

Thank you. :)

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Anyone want to speculate on the significance of the giant sand castle swallowing the professor's house?

Prelude to a capture?
Probably just a comical end to the episode and nothing more. I don't think it really means anything.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Any idea what info we might get from the next issue of Pokefan? I hope to see something coming up on Ash's next trial, it really has been too long and we haven't yet heard any mention or info about it yet.

satobato

Pokemon master
Ash should get decideyue

ShadowForce720

Any idea what info we might get from the next issue of Pokefan. I hope to see something coming up on Ash's next trial, it really has been too long and we haven't yet heard any mention or info about it yet.

Either the 1st Akala Island trial, or if it's not that then maybe a new capture or an evolution, or maybe if Gladion or Plumeria shows up soon then maybe it will focus on Ash's battle against them.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Either the 1st Akala Island trial, or if it's not that then maybe a new capture or an evolution, or maybe if Gladion or Plumeria shows up soon then maybe it will focus on Ash's battle against them.

An evolution/capture at this point is probably out of the question, but a battle with Plumeria/Gladion could be on the cards I guess. I'd prefer Plumeria appearing at this stage as Gladion's personality will suit better at the later stages of the series when the plot gets intense. Either it's a trial battle or a battle with Plumeria/Gladion, there needs to be some battles at this stage so that Ash new captures Rockruff/Litten get a chance to shine soon- Rockruff wrecked a weak Mudbray, that's something which hardly can be counted.

ShadowForce720

An evolution/capture at this point is probably out of the question, but a battle with Plumeria/Gladion could be on the cards I guess. I'd prefer Plumeria appearing at this stage as Gladion's personality will suit better at the later stages of the series when the plot gets intense. Either it's a trial battle or a battle with Plumeria/Gladion, there needs to be some battles at this stage so that Ash new captures Rockruff/Litten get a chance to shine soon- Rockruff wrecked a weak Mudbray, that's something which hardly can be counted.

I really don't think that an capture or an evolution are out of the question, especially an evolution, since Ash's Rowlet could always wind up being the first to evolve and evolve sometime relatively soon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I really don't think that an capture or an evolution are out of the question, especially an evolution, since Ash's Rowlet could always wind up being the first to evolve and evolve sometime relatively soon.

Rowlet evolving I can see as a possibility, because-
1) It has already hogged some spotlight and screentime, especially with its comical personality.
2) It had already got a fair amount of battles to shine as Rowlet.

So it evolving into Datrix is a possibility I guess. The other two(Rockruff and Litten) are possibly not, as they haven't gotten much time to shine in their current evolutionary stages. And regarding a capture, I'd say it's unlikely because Ash has already caught three Pokemon and has a team of four. Maybe 20 episodes later a capture will be reasonable.

Last edited:

Spyro39

Rowlet evolving I can see as a possibility, because-
1) It has already hogged some spotlight and screentime, especially with its comical personality.
2) It had already got a fair amout of battles to shine as Rowlet.

So it evolving into Datrix is a possibility I guess. The other two(Rockruff and Litten) are possibly not, as they haven't gotten much time to shine in their current evolutionary stages. And regarding a capture, I'd say it's unlikely because Ash has already caught three Pokemon and has a team of four. Maybe 20 episodes later a capture will be reasonable.

It's not just a matter of how much spotlight and screentime Rowlet gets and how many battles it'll participate in, but also how many episodes will focus on character developing the grass owl. Since Rowlet is a starter Pokemon, it's likely that there's going to be a fair amount of episodes dedicated to the owl, but there hasn't been any since its capture. The same goes for Litten and Rockruff. To be honest, Litten has more development than both Rowlet and Rockruff. I'm not saying that Litten is going to evolve before Rowlet and Rockruff, but right now, Litten shows more potential to evolve at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.