• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

johno1995

If anything Lucario doesn't get enough spotlight given he's pretty much the secondary face of Pokemon.

Ehh I wouldn't go that far. Charizard?

Anyways, I'd like to see Gladion with just a few Pokemon tbh: If he gets a full team of six, I doubt we'll see all six frequently...

Lycanroc-Midnight, Umbreon, & Type:Null/Silvally will be more than enough I think. If he does get more, I'd like to see Weavile, Snorlax (Pulverizing Pancake, anyone?), and Kommo-o. I think it suits Gladion better than it does Ash.

Last edited:

Illusio

No words, only rage
Really? Let's count the number of times Lucario has taken the spotlight in the anime (these are what I know, so let me know if I missed any).

1. It was the main Pokemon in the 8th movie.
2. Riley and his Lucario made recurring appearances in DP.
3. As did Maylene and her Lucario in DP.
4. There was also a Riolu hunted by Hunter J in DP (I know it's not Lucario, but it's still part of the evolutionary line)
5. Then there was Cameron and his Lucario in BW.
6. Korrina and her Lucario were featured heavily early in XY for a total of five episodes.
7. Soji will have a Lucario as his main Pokemon in the 20th movie.

Furthermore, these aren't one-time only appearances. Every one of these entries had Lucario appear for more than one episode, even if they were owned by a side character, league rival, or gym leader, and they steal the spotlight most of the time. There are more Lucario owners than Charizard owners.

I think Lucario has had enough spotlight in the anime.

Got a little curious about this number, so I counted up the appearances for a little fun:

Going by Bulbapedia, there are 5 major Lucario owners + Soji's and two minor Lucario owners in Gurkinn's and a random coordinator, with four random cameos here and there. For Charizard, there are 5 major owners ignoring Team ACT's cameo in the MD special and Red's in Origins, 3 minor Charizard owners, and 11 cameos across the series. It should also be noted that while Lucario outnumbers Charizard in major appearances currently, Charizard's recurring roles tend to be longer then Lucario's as Ash's and Alain's are far more recurring and plot important then Korrina's, Cameron's, Riley's, Maylene's, and Sir Aaron's. So ultimately Charizard has Lucario beat so far, it's just that Lucario has had more appearances over the past 10 years whereas Charizard's were more spread out across his 20 until recently.

With that said, both probably could use a little break.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
With Ash only taking Talonflame, Hawlucha, and Noivern at the end of XY, I wouldn't be surprised if Ash only got 4-5 Alolan Pokémon.

Ash

By the end of the Island Challenge

Sinnoh Battle Frontier (new team changes)

For Ash I am assuming that Sinnoh remakes are coming so after Ash graduates from school and finishes the Island Challenge, he heads to Sinnoh for the Battle Frontier there. There Lana would no longer be on the cast, so the Popplio marketing goes to him. Perhaps, Lana or Kukui could give him a going away present so he can put his Waterium Z to good use.

Lillie

Alola
****(befriended)

Sinnoh

Mallow

Alola
()

Sinnoh

Lana
||()

Kiawe
||()

Sophocles
()

Red and Blue

With Ash only taking Talonflame, Hawlucha, and Noivern at the end of XY, I wouldn't be surprised if Ash only got 4-5 Alolan Pokémon.

Ash

For Ash I am assuming that Sinnoh remakes are coming so after Ash graduates from school and finishes the Island Challenge, he heads to Sinnoh for the Battle Frontier there. There Lana would no longer be on the cast, so the Popplio marketing goes to him. Perhaps, Lana or Kukui could give him a going away present so he can put his Waterium Z to good use.

Lillie

Alola
****(befriended)

Sinnoh

Mallow

Alola
()

Sinnoh

Lana
||()

Kiawe
||()

Sophocles
()

Uh, they can easily make the school arc last 3-4 years. Plus there is still Aether and UBs

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

Ash

Lillie

Alola
****(befriended)

Sinnoh

Mallow

Alola
()

Sinnoh

Lana
||()

Kiawe
||()

Sophocles
()

Unfortunately I feel that even if DP remakes happen, Ash won't specially just travel to sinnoh for the battle frontier. Anyway these are my following teams :

Ash:
Pikachu
Lycanroc
Decidueye
Incineroar
Passimian (I can see Ash getting it)
Greninja (Unpopular opinion, but I think it'll return for the Ultra beast arc)

Possibilities :
Kommo - o
Alolan Sandslash
Araquanid
Golisopod

Lillie :
Vulpix
Eevee - Espeon

Kiawe :
Turtonator
Alolan Marowak
Charizard
Chimchar - Monferno (If DP remakes happen)

Mallow :
Tsareena
Ribombee
Turtwig (If DP remakes happen)

Lana:
Primarina
Araquanid (If Ash doesn't get it)

Sophocles :
Togedamru
Alolan Geodude

Gladion :
Lycanroc
Umbreon
Silvally
Weavile
Crobat
Lucario

DavidD001

Why are so many people opposed to giving Ash a new Poison-type which he has not had since Gen 1?
Salandit/Salazzle are very fast Poison-types and would clear something that Ash has yet to get...a Female only species [Salazzle].
Yes it would give Ash a secondary Fire-type but he's doubled up & tripled up before quite a fair number of times but primarily it is a Poison-type and like I said very fast.

And I still don't see Ash getting another pokemon that needs Stone Evolution [Alolan Sandshrew + Ice Stone = Alolan Sandslash] to evolve other that a possible Eevee at some point which has various means of evolution.

ShadowForce720

Why are so many people opposed to giving Ash a new Poison-type which he has not had since Gen 1?
Salandit/Salazzle are very fast Poison-types and would clear something that Ash has yet to get...a Female only species [Salazzle].
Yes it would give Ash a secondary Fire-type but he's doubled up & tripled up before quite a fair number of times but primarily it is a Poison-type and like I said very fast.

And I still don't see Ash getting another pokemon that needs Stone Evolution [Alolan Sandshrew + Ice Stone = Alolan Sandslash] to evolve other that a possible Eevee at some point which has various means of evolution.

The problem with Salandit/Salazzle is the fact that we've already have been seeing some Team Skull grunts use some Salandit, and considering Plumeria is likely to have her Salazzle and there is going to be the Totem Salazzle, and given how Salandit is being depicted is the reason why people don't see him getting one. Plus James already has Mareanie, and it doesn't really make sense for Ash to get Alola Grimer/ Alolan Muk since it's just a better version of Muk, there is just really no options left for Ash to get a Poison type pokemon unless he gets a gen 4 poison type pokemon to advertise the D&P remakes if they happen this generation.

Basically you could probably put most pokemon that aren't on the main cast right now and compare there chances to Salandit/Salazzle being caught by Ash and most pokemon even the ones that people are said are unlikely to be caught(with very few and specific exceptions) people would still probably say they have a better chance for Ash to get them over Salandit/Salazzle.

For instance between Salandit/Salazzle and Alolan Sandshrew/Alolan Sandslash even though you don't see Ash getting another pokemon that evolves through stone base evolution, the thing is chances are Ash is probably going to be still more likely to get a Alolan Sandshrew/Alolan Sandslash over a Salandit/Salazzle.

Spyro39

Got a little curious about this number, so I counted up the appearances for a little fun:

Going by Bulbapedia, there are 5 major Lucario owners + Soji's and two minor Lucario owners in Gurkinn's and a random coordinator, with four random cameos here and there. For Charizard, there are 5 major owners ignoring Team ACT's cameo in the MD special and Red's in Origins, 3 minor Charizard owners, and 11 cameos across the series. It should also be noted that while Lucario outnumbers Charizard in major appearances currently, Charizard's recurring roles tend to be longer then Lucario's as Ash's and Alain's are far more recurring and plot important then Korrina's, Cameron's, Riley's, Maylene's, and Sir Aaron's. So ultimately Charizard has Lucario beat so far, it's just that Lucario has had more appearances over the past 10 years whereas Charizard's were more spread out across his 20 until recently.

With that said, both probably could use a little break.

Wow, you did your research well and thorough. I stand corrected, but I think we're all in agreement about Charizard and Lucario at the end of the day.

DavidD001

The problem with Salandit/Salazzle is the fact that we've already have been seeing some Team Skull grunts use some Salandit, and considering Plumeria is likely to have her Salazzle and there is going to be the Totem Salazzle, and given how Salandit is being depicted is the reason why people don't see him getting one. Plus James already has Mareanie, and it doesn't really make sense for Ash to get Alola Grimer/ Alolan Muk since it's just a better version of Muk, there is just really no options left for Ash to get a Poison type pokemon unless he gets a gen 4 poison type pokemon to advertise the D&P remakes if they happen this generation.

Basically you could probably put most pokemon that aren't on the main cast right now and compare there chances to Salandit/Salazzle being caught by Ash and most pokemon even the ones that people are said are unlikely to be caught(with very few and specific exceptions) people would still probably say they have a better chance for Ash to get them over Salandit/Salazzle.

For instance between Salandit/Salazzle and Alolan Sandshrew/Alolan Sandslash even though you don't see Ash getting another pokemon that evolves through stone base evolution, the thing is chances are Ash is probably going to be still more likely to get a Alolan Sandshrew/Alolan Sandslash over a Salandit/Salazzle.

Well Muk is used by Team Rocket & multiple Tauros were caught by Team Rocket yet Ash has those species.
Ash has Krookodile who's line is something that Team Galactic would use...same for Scraggy/Scrafty.
So Ash could easily get Salandit/Salazzle.
We've seen multiple pokemon of the same species battle eachother before like the Tauros Tournament; Bulbasaur vs Bulbasaurs, Ivysaurs, Venusaur; Charizard vs Charla & others in the Charizard Valley, etc so there is no problem with Ash & Salazzle even with the Totem Salazzle.

Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash seems like it'll be a POTD or something rather than something that Ash will get.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well Muk is used by Team Rocket & multiple Tauros were caught by Team Rocket yet Ash has those species.
Ash has Krookodile who's line is something that Team Galactic would use...same for Scraggy/Scrafty.
We've seen multiple pokemon of the same species battle eachother before like the Tauros Tournament; Bulbasaur vs Bulbasaurs, Ivysaurs, Venusaur; Charizard vs Charla & others in the Charizard Valley, etc so there is no problem with Ash & Salazzle even with the Totem Salazzle.

Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash seems like it'll be a POTD or something rather than something that Ash will get.

Team Rocket have never caught a muk or tauros. And secondly, I think you meant team plasma and not team galactic for the use of Krookodile and scraggy. Anyway, there is a difference between pokemon owned by grunts or appearing in one off competitions and episodes vs being owned by major characters. Plumeria is a major character whose main pokemon is salazzle, so it's something that will be extremely doubtful for Ash to catch.
EDIT : And as ShadowForce720 said, scraggy, Krookodile and muk were caught and shown by Ash before anyone else. In this case, salandit has already appeared, and eventually Plumeria will debut with Salazzle making it next to impossible for Ash to get it.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Problem is with the whole argument your using is that Muk, Scraggy, and Krookdile's lines are in different situations from the situation Salandit/Salazzle is in. For instance with the former 3 and all the other examples you use is the fact that Ash was the one to debut them or the ones he owned popped up before the ones that they eventually faced popped up. While in Salandit/Salazzle case where already seeing Team Skull using Salandit's and Plumeria will likely have her Salazzle and also considering there is a totem Salazzle and how the line is being depicted so far that's why people don't see Ash getting it.

As for Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash seeming like it will be a POTD or something, that is completely opinion base and subject, and plus you could literally say that about any pokemon, so it's no it's not something that would really stop Ash from getting one. Plus the thing is no matter how you look at this Alolan Sandshrew is probably still more likely to get caught over Salandit/Salazzle.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Why would Ash catch a Salandit when he already has Litten anyway? Wouldn't that be redundant?

No, I don't care about Sinnoh or Kalos. Gible was the only one of Ash's Sinnoh Ground types that actually made use of its Ground typing anyway, because Torterra has its Grass typing to fall back on, and Gliscor has diverse enough movepool that it doesn't need a Ground-Type move. For Kalos, Hawlucha didn't even know any Flying type moves, and Talonflame and Noivern had completely different battle styles, plus Noivern at least has a pretty diverse movepool to set it apart from Talonflame.

Salazzle has a shallow movepool. There really isn't much it can do that Incineroar can't other than use Poison-Type attacks, and that's not worth wasting a team slot on. And contrary to popular opinion, speed does not matter to Ash as much as people think it does. Mobility does.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Why would Ash catch a Salandit when he already has Litten anyway? Wouldn't that be redundant?

No, I don't care about Sinnoh or Kalos.

Not really considering Litten fully evolves into a Fire/Dark type while Salandit is a Poison/Fire type with Poison being it's primary typing while it's secondary typing is Fire. So while I don't think Ash is getting a Salandit, Ash catching a Salandit after Litten is not redundant since it introduces a typing that isn't currently on Ash's team.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Not really considering Litten fully evolves into a Fire/Dark type while Salandit is a Poison/Fire type with Poison being it's primary typing while it's secondary typing is Fire. So while I don't think Ash is getting a Salandit, Ash catching a Salandit after Litten is not redundant since it introduces a typing that isn't currently on Ash's team.
My apologies. I accidentally posted that prematurely. I've edited my post to reflect my full thoughts.

ShadowForce720

No, I don't care about Sinnoh or Kalos. Gible was the only one of Ash's Sinnoh Ground types that actually made use of its Ground typing anyway, because Torterra has its Grass typing to fall back on, and Gliscor has diverse enough movepool that it doesn't need a Ground-Type move. For Kalos, Hawlucha didn't even know any Flying type moves, and Talonflame and Noivern had completely different battle styles, plus Noivern at least has a pretty diverse movepool to set it apart from Talonflame.

Salazzle has a shallow movepool. There really isn't much it can do that Incineroar can't other than use Poison-Type attacks, and that's not worth wasting a team slot on. And contrary to popular opinion, speed does not matter to Ash as much as people think it does. Mobility does.

I don't know I still wouldn't say that Ash catching a Salandit wouldn't really be redundant considering a potential Incinroar for Ash will probably have 2 Fire type moves, 1 Dark type move, and 1 Fighting type move while Salazzle would probably have 1 Fire type move, 1 Dragon type move, and then either 1 Poison type move and 1 move of another type or 2 Poison type moves, so I don't think that a shallow move pool for Salazzle really matters as there is enough offensive moves that it can get out of the move set to make it work.

As for the whole speed not matter to Ash as much as people think it does while mobility does matter, you make it sound like you somehow think Incineroar is somehow more mobile then Salazzle or that Salazzle isn't that mobile, the thing is that given Salazzle's body shaped, speed, and weight I can't see how Salazzle wouldn't be that mobile, if anything I think it would be more mobile then Incineroar.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I don't know I still wouldn't say that Ash catching a Salandit wouldn't really be redundant considering a potential Incinroar for Ash will probably have 2 Fire type moves, 1 Dark type move, and 1 Fighting type move while Salazzle would probably have 1 Fire type move, 1 Dragon type move, and then either 1 Poison type move and 1 move of another type or 2 Poison type moves, so I don't think that a shallow move pool for Salazzle really matters as there is enough offensive moves that it can get out of the move set to make it work.

As for the whole speed not matter to Ash as much as people think it does while mobility does matter, you make it sound like you somehow think Incineroar is somehow more mobile then Salazzle or that Salazzle isn't that mobile, the thing is that given Salazzle's body shaped, speed, and weight I can't see how Salazzle wouldn't be that mobile, if anything I think it would be more mobile then Incineroar.

I agree with you that Ash won't be getting salazzle not because of redundancy, but rather it belongs to another major character. In fact, if it didn't belong to Plumeria I would have preferred Salazzle over incineroar. Salazzle just feels more like an Ash like pokemon than Incineroar due to its sleek design and speed and mobility. And besides, move pools don't really matter on the anime. Heck, so many of Ash's pokemon have lousy movesets when taking the games into consideration, but again, they work in the anime.

DavidD001

I'd like to see Ash get Salandit/Salazzle mainly due to these reasons...
-Primarily a Poison type which hasnt been caught by Ash since Kanto and make use of a unique ability which is Corrosion.
-Obviously fast and can be mobile.
-Salazzle being a Female only species which is something that Ash has never had before.

Everything12

You know I never understand people who say that Ash will get a Pokemon because it has a quality that none of his other Pokemon had, doesn't that sort of thing normally decrease somethings chance of happening.

DavidD001

You know I never understand people who say that Ash will get a Pokemon because it has a quality that none of his other Pokemon had, doesn't that sort of thing normally decrease somethings chance of happening.

Going by that logic we can cross off certain things like these....

"Ash has never officially caught a Pokémon of the Steel, Psychic, Ghost, or Fairy types, a genderless, female-only, Legendary nor Mythical Pokémon, nor he has Mega Evolved any of his Pokémon."

So with that we can say that Ash wont get pokemon like Decidueye, Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash, etc as they fall under things that none of his other pokemon have.

But since Decidueye has a type that Ash doesnt have & its a popular pokemon...its very likely that Ash will evolve his Rowlet all the way.
Salazzle can fill up the Female only criteria.
Anything from Tapu Koko to Marshadow could potentially fill up the Legendary or Mythical criteria, the Genderless as well as the Steel, Psychic, Ghost or Fairy type criteria.
But then there is the Mega Evolution criteria which may or may not even happen with Ash.

I actually like Decidueye and would enjoy seeing it on Ash's team and use its signature attack of Spirit Shackle as well as its Z Move boosted form of Sinister Arrow Raid.
I'm placing my bets on Ash getting Salandit/Salazzle at best...50/50 chance.
I know that its not really likely that Ash will ever get anything of Legendary class or above but Tapu Koko atleast has a potential chance which would be interesting.
And I don't really see Ash getting variant form pokemon nor calling back previous pokemon or catching previous pokemon unless it had a current evolution.

Everything12

I'm not saying he can't get Pokemon which doesn't fit a pattern he's caught before I just don't think its a good reason to prove he could capture it. What I'm saying is just because he hasn't caught a Pokemon that can only evolve when its female before doesn't prove or disprove if he will capture it, so I don't think it should be mentioned as a point to why he should capture it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.