• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I am curious that there doesn't seem to be a Steenee one though.

Also, there's a Rockruff one, too.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

I already expect Rowlet and Litten to use Z-moves, since they're Ash's Pokémon, but it would be awesome if Togedemaru and Popplio got to use Z-moves, as well. (Where is Golden_Latias? She totally needs to see that image of Popplio using Hydro Vortex.) I also hope Shiron gets to use a Z-move, too, and I suppose we need to see Steenee use one, as well, so Mallow isn't left out.

Everything12

I think that Lana is likely to get Waterium-Z based off her interest in the Team Rocket Vs Team Skull episode, and also because I personally think Golisopod and Dewpider are better suited for Guzma and Lana than Ash.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Golden_Latias said:
And there's two for Pikachu, one with Catastropika and one with 10,000,000 Volt Havoc.

the latter one I could see used in the movie, but as for the former I don't know.

Pikachu would have to relearn volt tackle in order to use it, and I don't know if the writers would do that.

also does this mean people think Ash will use inferno overdrive despite kiawe having it, and Soph get gigavolt havoc?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
the latter one I could see used in the movie, but as for the former I don't know.

Pikachu would have to relearn volt tackle in order to use it, and I don't know if the writers would do that.

also does this mean people think Ash will use inferno overdrive despite kiawe having it, and Soph get gigavolt havoc?

So far, the anime has only mentioned that a Pokémon has to know a move of a certain type in order to learn the corresponding type Z-move. There has been no mention of a Pokémon needing to know particular moves in order to use certain Z-moves (although it's just possible there hasn't been a need to mention that). The writers may just write around the fact that Pikachu needs to know Volt Tackle in order to learn Catastropika. We'll see.

I believe Ash will at least get Pikanium-Z and use Catastropika with Pikachu (it doesn't make much sense for Ash not to use Pikachu's signature Z-move), and when that happens, then he and Pikachu will no longer have a reason to keep using Gigavolt Havoc, so there will be nothing stopping Sophocles and Togedemaru from using it (if/when they earn their own Electrium-Z).

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Honestly, the red flag for me is that Rockruff, not Lycanroc, is using Continental Crush. Does that mean Ash is going to defeat Olivia with an unevolved Rockruff? Just how weak is Olivia anyway?

While I would love for those puzzles to foreshadow something (seriously, that image of Popplio using Hydro Vortex is completely sick), I have some doubts.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero

Look at this, Pikachu is wearing Ash's SM Cap.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_t7cbJUIAAa-2x.jpg

Honestly, the red flag for me is that Rockruff, not Lycanroc, is using Continental Crush. Does that mean Ash is going to defeat Olivia with an unevolved Rockruff? Just how weak is Olivia anyway?

Maybe they don't want to spoil future captures and evolutions. Or they're hiding Lycanroc's third form because it is not revealed yet (IF it having the third form happens)

Last edited:

Spyro39

Look at this, Pikachu is wearing Ash's SM Cap.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_t7cbJUIAAa-2x.jpg

Pikachu is wearing Ash's SM Cap while using a Z-Move. That's definitely 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. From that picture alone, I think Pikachu's signature Z-Move will be 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. I'm also a bit skeptical that Pikachu will also have Catastropika given that it needs to relearn Volt Tackle.

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Pikachu is wearing Ash's SM Cap while using a Z-Move. That's definitely 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. From that picture alone, I think Pikachu's signature Z-Move will be 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. I'm also a bit skeptical that Pikachu will also have Catastropika given that it needs to relearn Volt Tackle.

But how hard is it really for Pikachu to relearn Volt Tackle in order to use Catastropika because it doesn't sound as difficult as some of you guys make out to be.

Thank you Golden_Latias.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The anime might just not follow the fact Volt Tackle needs to be known for using Catastropika, just like how Sliggoo's Rain Dance led it to evolve into Goodra.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If Pikachu is going to get Catastropika, I wonder which move will be replaced. Probably Electro Ball, or less likely but I could see how they'd do it, Quick Attack.

Red and Blue

From what I gather from the images, none of Ash's Pokemon are evolving anytime soon

Janovy

Banned
From what I gather from the images, none of Ash's Pokemon are evolving anytime soon
Yes, because these images are always indicative of what will actually happen.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Where exactly are these images coming from, and what exactly are they for? Are these promotional posters? Images from a website? If these are meant to be promotional materials, then there is a chance they may not be indicative of what will happen in the show itself; they may just be promoting Z-moves using the main cast's Pokémon, or at least the main cast's Pokémon that are of Gen VII (plus Pikachu, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.