• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Maybe Ash's Rockruff could want to evolve into Midnight and want to be just like Gladion's (and is horrified to see it evolved into Midday).

Reaching at this because it clearly preferred Midday in SM015...

Everything12

What is Rowlet's gag that will prevent it from evolving the bag thing hasn't been shown in a few episodes and its sleeping is because it photosynthesizes in the sun and it is based on Owl's which are nocturnal, actually I think it has a good chance to evolve based off its battle performance in the Totem and Kahuna battle where it shown putting its stealth to good use.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I can see Rowlet evoling to Dartrix but no further, after that he goes from "fancy bird" to "edgelord bird" and loses marketability.
Decidueye is the most popular of the final evolution starters, though. It doesn't lose any marketability at all.

And claiming that Rowlet will fully evolve because Ash's birds always fully evolve is a weak argument. It's a pattern, and pattern's are meant to be broken. That being said, I think Rowlet will fully evolve for three reasons (two of which are the same reasons I think Lana's Popplio will fully evolve):
1. Rowlet's battle style. From what we've seen in Rowlet's battles, it uses Leafage to hide itself and sneak up on its foes. That just screams "stealthy archer" to me, and I don't think the writers would have given it that specific battle style if the intention wasn't to evolve Rowlet all the way.

2. Like Primarina, Decidueye is a popular and marketable starter. Like I said, it's the most popular of the starter final evolutions. Not evolving Rowlet would be a huge missed opportunity.

3. Again, like with Primarina, they have to show off Decidueye in the anime somehow. If Ash isn't going to be on the to show off Decidueye, I would love to know how some of the people that feel Rowlet won't fully evolve think the writers are going to show off Decidueye. Throwing it into a PotD filler is unlikely, because Decidueye seems too popular for that, and it has a unique Z-Move which can't be shown off in a PotD filler. Anime OC rival debuting it is possible, but given the structure of the series, I have a feeling that Gladion is going to remain Ash's only rival (Island Challenges aren't like traditional Leagues, I highly doubt there are that many people running around taking them). I suppose it's also possible Gladion could randomly have a Decidueye (it's definitely a Pokemon that fits him), but I have a feeling that if he did have one, we'd be seeing it with his Lycanroc and Umbreon in the next episode.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Decidueye is the most popular of the final evolution starters, though. It doesn't lose any marketability at all.

And claiming that Rowlet will fully evolve because Ash's birds always fully evolve is a weak argument. It's a pattern, and pattern's are meant to be broken. That being said, I think Rowlet will fully evolve for three reasons (two of which are the same reasons I think Lana's Popplio will fully evolve):
1. Rowlet's battle style. From what we've seen in Rowlet's battles, it uses Leafage to hide itself and sneak up on its foes. That just screams "stealthy archer" to me, and I don't think the writers would have given it that specific battle style if the intention wasn't to evolve Rowlet all the way.

2. Like Primarina, Decidueye is a popular and marketable starter. Like I said, it's the most popular of the starter final evolutions. Not evolving Rowlet would be a huge missed opportunity.

3. Again, like with Primarina, they have to show off Decidueye in the anime somehow. If Ash isn't going to be on the to show off Decidueye, I would love to know how some of the people that feel Rowlet won't fully evolve think the writers are going to show off Decidueye. Throwing it into a PotD filler is unlikely, because Decidueye seems too popular for that, and it has a unique Z-Move which can't be shown off in a PotD filler. Anime OC rival debuting it is possible, but given the structure of the series, I have a feeling that Gladion is going to remain Ash's only rival (Island Challenges aren't like traditional Leagues, I highly doubt there are that many people running around taking them). I suppose it's also possible Gladion could randomly have a Decidueye (it's definitely a Pokemon that fits him), but I have a feeling that if he did have one, we'd be seeing it with his Lycanroc and Umbreon in the next episode.

Further, iírc they have not yet shown the concept of starter pokemon in alola. That decreases the possibility that any rival that ash would meet would be having an alolan "starter" pokemon to show off.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I honestly have a feeling the concept of starter Pokemon hasn't yet been established in Alola and will be at the end of the series.

ShadowForce720

What is Rowlet's gag that will prevent it from evolving the bag thing hasn't been shown in a few episodes and its sleeping is because it photosynthesizes in the sun and it is based on Owl's which are nocturnal, actually I think it has a good chance to evolve based off its battle performance in the Totem and Kahuna battle where it shown putting its stealth to good use.

I feel like it's because some people in here think that there always has to be a starter that is the gag starter and doesn't evolve and that we can never go through a series without one, but in all reality looking at the 3 starters this gen that are on the main cast I really don't think any of them are a gag starter, and that all the starters this generation could potentially fully evolve. Also for those that are trying to say that oh will Rowlet will only evolve into Dartrix and not evolve into Decidueye because Decidueye is too cool for gags and Rowlet would lose it's marketability if it were to become a Decidueye.

That is simply no true first in regards to Decidueye's personality preventing Dartrix from evolving into it that simply not true because if you read Decidueye dex entry for Moon it reveal more about Decidueye's personality and here is the dex entry:

Decidueye:
Moon:Although basically cool and cautious, when it’s caught by surprise, it’s seized by panic.

So yeah given that Decidueye has it's own quirk about it's personality just shows that Decidueye's personality wouldn't stop Rowlet from fully evolving into one, because it still has a quirk that can be used for comedy. As for it losing it's Marketability that is simply not true either because Decidueye is the most popular final stage evolution of the Alolan Starters so it's easily would be pretty marketable.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
To be fair, I can understand where people assume that every series must have one of the starters be a gag mon seeing how every series except for Hoenn has had one of the starters act like comic relief. Even in Kanto or Johto, one could easily view Squirtle and Totodile as the gag starters of those two regions (although personally, I feel that Misty's Psyduck fit the gag mon role far more than either of those two ever did).

SinnohEevee

I don't want them to turn a starter into comical relief. It did a big disservice for Oshawott.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I really hope to see Rowlet evolving now just to see people stop using the argument "gag Pokemon stay unevolved". It has become very annoying at this point.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I really hope to see Rowlet evolving now just to see people stop using the argument "gag Pokemon stay unevolved". It has become very annoying at this point.
I'm at the point where I agree, and I have a feeling that people are going to keep saying that until we get actual, solid evidence that Rowlet is evolving.

JD

I can see Rowlet evoling to Dartrix but no further, after that he goes from "fancy bird" to "edgelord bird" and loses marketability.

Hello? How is Decidueye edgy at all? Because it has a hood being calm and collected isn't edgy at all.

It doesn't lose marketability either, it has a popular design if anything out of the three of them Dartrix is probably the least marketable compared to Rowlet and Decidueye.

Though honestly, I have a hard time seeing Rowlet evolve all the way I think Ash will get Incineroar and that'll be it.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'm legitimately curious, by the way. If Ash isn't going to be the one to debut Decidueye, then pray tell who is?

JD

I'm legitimately curious, by the way. If Ash isn't going to be the one to debut Decidueye, then pray tell who is?

We are still extremely early in the series, I'm not saying Ash won't be the one to debut it but it could show up under the ownership of another rival. This isn't ideal but it could also show up under the ownership of a COTD like Chesnaught did who knows.

I'm still hoping that Ash gets Incineroar and Decidueye, but I'm not going to get my hopes up especially given how goofy Rowlet has been acting.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Hau obviously.
Incineroar would be his ace, so it'd be Hau.
I don't care if we ever see Illima, but I'm holding onto hope we get Hau

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hau obviously.

I highly doubt we're getting Hau since he hasn't even been referenced yet. I feel like they would have introduced him early on with Hala.

ShadowForce720

I highly doubt we're getting Hau since he hasn't even been referenced yet. I feel like they would have introduced him early on with Hala.

Plus even if Hau does get introduce they could easily just make it so that his ace is an Alolan Raichu instead of a starter.

We are still extremely early in the series, I'm not saying Ash won't be the one to debut it but it could show up under the ownership of another rival. This isn't ideal but it could also show up under the ownership of a COTD like Chesnaught did who knows.

I'm still hoping that Ash gets Incineroar and Decidueye, but I'm not going to get my hopes up especially given how goofy Rowlet has been acting.

Except most of the things Ash's Rowlet has been doing that you call goofy is something all Rowlet's do, so I really don't think that just because some of the things Rowlet's naturally do may coincidence be comedic, that it somehow will prevent Rowlet from evolving all the way to a Decidueye.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Hau obviously.
And I suppose Professor Kukui has a Primarina that he's been hiding all along, too.

I think the ship has sailed on Hau TBH. He has a similar personality to Ash, his ace has already debuted, Hala made no reference to him... while not conclusive, everything is pointing to Hau being absent from the anime. Besides, I think we would have seen him by now if he was going to be in the anime.

I think if Ash doesn't debut Decidueye, it will most likely be Gladion randomly having one or an anime OC rival.

JD

Plus even if Hau does get introduce they could easily just make it so that his ace is an Alolan Raichu instead of a starter.

Except most of the things Ash's Rowlet has been doing that you call goofy is something all Rowlet's do, so I really don't think that just because some of the things Rowlet's naturally do may coincidence be comedic, that it somehow will prevent Rowlet from evolving all the way to a Decidueye.

The only thing it shares with all Rowlets is the fact that it falls asleep which is fine, but in other instances I feel like they go out of there way to make Rowlet act like a goofball or a butt monkey..there's always something comedic going on with him. Because of Oshawott and Chespin there's a good reason to believe that he might not fully evolve but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I still think that it's far more likely for Litten to fully evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.